GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Expected a bit more Mad Queen Cersei. what she did do, was far more tactical and controlled. Not something I see Jamie killing her over.
I think Mad Queen Cersei is going to be in full bloom when she finds massive armies moving on her from the every direction except the north, which may move a hostile army down after all if Cersei sends Jon a mean tweet or something.

Her primary advisor is Dr. Qyburnstein, her best friend is a monster nun-raping killer zombie, her children are all dead, and there are no more real grown-ups to hold her in check even a little bit. I wonder if she will get tempted to do the full Aerys and blow up the rest of the city when everything falls apart around her, forcing Jaime to make the same choice he made with Aerys. Jaime had to be thinking of the Mad King when he saw that smoking crater where the Great Sept used to be.

I have to admit though, I cheered Cersei on a bit when she gave Shame Nun her comeuppance.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I have to admit though, I cheered Cersei on a bit when she gave Shame Nun her comeuppance.
Oh for sure. Just because she is a villain(allegedly), doesn't mean we can't root for her sometimes. I hate religious zealots, so I enjoyed the High Sparrow getting cooked also, just wish he had had time to realize Cersei was getting her revenge.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I thought Lena Headey did a really great job in this episode. She's one of the better actors on the show, so it's not surprising or anything, but still just a couple opportunities where she really got to shine.

Davos too, but he delivers in most any scene.

Siliconemelons

I still think its LOL that we got a scene explaining why Sir-Sea is a villain just for astro... and no people she is not "now" a villain, she has BEEN one - the "for my kids" is just a veiled excuse.

Freypie haha win

poor hooker wont get her money

and was she the same waitress as from the Jamie bronn scene? that looked like that was still at riverrun - then the freypie scene was back at the twins

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Gendry has a claim? Who knows where he is though.
What would he even claim... Hay guys some crazy red witch said Robert was my dad. I know it's been a while but pls can I have the Throne?

The center of King's Landing, either just blew up with no one knowing wtf just happened. There would be raw panic in the streets. The idea that the monarchy would not be disposed immediately by the people is a bit laughable. Holy war. utter chaos. This is totally skipped over. Said it before, this show really really just glosses over the actual populations to focus on the main characters.
Who is going to stand in her way exactly? The faith militant has been decimated (you better believe the majority of them were in that sept) and Cersei is still in charge of the Lannister forces. There are no other forces in King's Landing, the Tyrells probably all left when Olenna did. The common people of King's Landing are not going to rebel in any meaningful way.

Caliane

I was wondering that as well. You basically have to assume she did. So at that point Arya is basically just pure evil since she's now taking casualties she should have absolutely no beef with simply to kill the people she feels personally wronged by ... which is pretty fucked up.
She might have been the waitress the entire time. Also, Jaquen used her face once didn't he? show version, its not even clear if the face donor has to be dead.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Also one of the most important questions from this episode. Since Pycell died and gave the hooker an IOU who pays the hooker?
Well he's paid Pyecell's whore bill before and he is on his way back to King's Landing.

tyrion-3.gif

Debase

N00b
Oh for sure. Just because she is a villain(allegedly), doesn't mean we can't root for her sometimes. I hate religious zealots, so I enjoyed the High Sparrow getting cooked also, just wish he had had time to realize Cersei was getting her revenge.
I think the High Sparrow was starting to understand and agree with what Margery was saying about this being a trap. The look in his eyes is definitely one of doubt in the final moments. He typically has a very smug sense that he knows how to play the game, but for his final moments... he was realizing that maybe he wasn't as good as he thought.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
GoT producers needed to free up some cash for more CGI in the final seasons. Solution: Kill everyone.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the boats looked pretty awful.

"Didn't quite expect Margery to die. Sad we never got to see what her plans were."
I'm not 100% marge is dead

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I think the High Sparrow was starting to understand and agree with what Margery was saying about this being a trap. The look in his eyes is definitely one of doubt in the final moments. He typically has a very smug sense that he knows how to play the game, but for his final moments... he was realizing that maybe he wasn't as good as he thought.
Was there any scene where Margary learnt about the Wildfire? Because if not, her big "evacuate now" effort would be kind of silly considering bombings aren't exactly common in Westeros.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hard to say which direction they go with it. But Jaime already has knowledge of Wildfire. He would know immediately what probably happened. Cersei will tell him that she killed their enemies and took the Iron Throne. He would honestly probably go with that because she didn't just nuke the entire city. Jaime is becoming more of a House Lannister man and his only play is to try and keep the house together. What's left of it anyway.

But she is going to get crazier and crazier when the houses they are at war with, which is like all of them, start moving against her. The Lannister army is only 8k strong if this season is any indication. Assuming that was all of it might be a bit much I guess. Dorne and Tyrell will definitely be starting some shit next season and I think House Stark and the Vale will sit this one out. Once Dany arrives she'll lose it. The walls will close in on her.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Was there any scene where Margary learnt about the Wildfire? Because if not, her big "evacuate now" effort would be kind of silly considering bombings aren't exactly common in Westeros.
I think it was more she knows how evil Cersei is, she didn't need to know about the wildfire exactly. She just knows what Cersei is capable of, at least that is how I read it.

"Didn't quite expect Margery to die. Sad we never got to see hertits again."
I'm not 100% marge is dead
Fixed!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You've seriously never had a gut feeling that something felt wrong?

Also she never said the sept is gunna go up at any second. Cersei could have just as easily sent a ton of guards in there to slaughter everyone.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That part shouldn't take much to connect the dots.

Marge
1. Cersei will be punished by the trial
2. Cersei's punishment will be worse if she doesn't come to the trial.
3. Cersei didn't come anyway
4. Thus she doesn't intend to get punished for it, nor does she believe that the High Sparrow or anyone will be able to retaliate.
5. Something is up, we need to get away from here.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, but having a gut feeling about something being wrong and interpreting that as requiring evacuation of a building are two different things.. Unless she knew about wildfire it's a bit of a stretch to think evacuation was necessary in a world where bombings literally never happen.

Debase

N00b

Also she never said the sept is gunna go up at any second. Cersei could have just as easily sent a ton of guards in there to slaughter everyone.
This. If Cersei wasn't there and Tommen wasn't there under these circumstances it was because "there" wasn't a safe place to be for whatever reason. It would be one thing to think that Cersei could have fled the city. It is another thing entirely for Cersei AND Tommen, who has drunk the cool aid, to be absent for such a critical event, especially when he made the decree related to trial by combat.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, but having a gut feeling about something being wrong and interpreting that as requiring evacuation of a building are two different things.. Unless she knew about wildfire it's a bit of a stretch to think evacuation was necessary in a world where bombings literally never happen.
They were inside a pretty packed room. If you thought something was wrong, not being trapped in that room would be a good first step.