GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I also think that nobody, even Marge and other players of the game ever suspected Cersei would do something so fucking crazy. It shows her madness.

The other people playing the game expect some degree of intrigue and such, and know what Cersei is capable of. But understand you cannot kill off members of the Great Houses with abandon. Killing off Ned Stark caused a fucking rebellion within Cersei's own experience as Queen. Openly murdering tons of people is going to bring everything down on top of you.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Kevan is still hand of the king (unless I missed him being killed?) so he should be sitting on the throne until a new king is appointed by whatever the official protocol is.
I seriously don't understand how people miss stuff like this. Are you playing on your phone while watching?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Maybe they needed the ships to fit all of the dothraki etc? Tyrion said after the Dragon' Bay ordeal they have "probably enough" ships, but I'm sure if they could get more they'd want more. Don't want to pack them in like sardines when they're all deathly afraid of the ocean to begin with.

Also Varys probably came back to tell her Highgarden/Dorne were at her side. Not sure ravens fly to Essos from Westeros and I'm sure Varys wouldn't want something like this getting out too early by peeping eyes. He was the original Master of Whispers, after all.
I think it was Daario who said when talking to Dany that the painting on the sails were done...Maybe they were not only painting her sigil but Martell and Tyrell too?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I also think that nobody, even Marge and other players of the game ever suspected Cersei would do something so fucking crazy. It shows her madness.

The other people playing the game expect some degree of intrigue and such, and know what Cersei is capable of. But understand you cannot kill off members of the Great Houses with abandon. Killing off Ned Stark caused a fucking rebellion within Cersei's own experience as Queen. Openly murdering tons of people is going to bring everything down on top of you.
I'm not sure if everyone knows Cersei did it. Obviously some people in the sept put the puzzle together but they're all dead. Cersei has some plausible deniability of being part of it. She could just say "Wildfire is volatile and a rogue spark set off this cache no one knew about."

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm assuming it's Arya at this point already, just for the added awesome of her sizing Jamie up, contemplating if she has time to kill him too, instead of eyefucking him.
I agree, she would have been there for a few days at the least to work herself into a position where she'd be serving at the banquet. There's another shot where Walder says "Where are the Starks now" and she walks by in the background immediately after he says it. That's not a coincidence in TV land.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I seriously don't understand how people miss stuff like this. Are you playing on your phone while watching?
No I was staring at the screen not blinking for 30 minutes. Sorry I missed Kevan in the mass of bodies and destruction. Especially when I was expecting him to be dead in the same room that Pycelle was.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure if everyone knows Cersei did it. Obviously some people in the sept put the puzzle together but they're all dead. Cersei has some plausible deniability of being part of it. She could just say "Wildfire is volatile and a rogue spark set off this cache no one knew about."
Doubtful, Olenna Tyrell and Ellaria Martel certainly seemed to be well aware of it.

Juvarisx

Florida
I think it was Daario who said when talking to Dany that the painting on the sails were done...Maybe they were not only painting her sigil but Martell and Tyrell too?
Martell
1Q37L0w.png

Tyrell
Ur0aiXa.png

Greyjoy (even with a dragon on the front check the sail)
lq5OMSR.png

Faltigoth

Hah, so it turns out that Cersei really is Tommen's heir - not because she is Tommen's mother, but because - due to a marriage several generations prior - she is the oldest living trueborn Baratheon.

Well, technically it would be Jaime, as women can't inherit, she kind of pissed on that bit her claim is just.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if Dany is going to free Volantis of Slavery on the way to Westeros. That was lined out in the books.

Also, because this score is exceptional.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Haven't caught up on thread but...

YOU DID EVERY SHRED OF FAN SERVICE BUT FORGOT TO HAVE HOWLAND REED (or teleporting Bran) BURST IN AND BE LIKE "*AHEM* SIRS, ALLOW ME TO MAKE ONE *MINOR* CORRECTION..."

Also, someone was peeling onions during the queen of the hand thing. Only book bros would understand.

Tenks

I wonder if Dany is going to free Volantis of Slavery on the way to Westeros. That was lined out in the books.
It would be fitting. She stops in Volantis to free the slaves. Sits there doing nothing for two seasons managing her new city. Final episode. Its a flash forward. Dany is an old woman. She is contemplating lowering taxes by 0.05% in Volantis when she rests her eyes for a moment only to have them never open. The Night King is reading a manual. It says "Anatomy of ice and how to melt it." A single black raven is seen in the sky. The NK shoots it from the air. It contains a message. "Summer has started." The NK grimaces and turns into a puddle not dissimilar to Frosty the Snowman. Roll credits.

Juvarisx

Florida

Also, because this score is exceptional.

Best thing is the same guy is doing the score for the Westworld series coming out soon

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
That piano bit got Stones stuck in my head. It's not even that close, but once I thought of it I couldn't let go.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The amount of stuff people seemed to miss in this episode is staggering hah.

Do you guys think Walter fray will finally die Bros? Do you think he will be killed by sander stark?

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The scores for most of the series have been amazing - I was mildly devastated when some shit in the books happened, coupled with the actual music? I was a mess. I was upset about the Red Wedding but got over it quickly - in the show, when Rains of Castamere is going? Just fuck it.

The music 9/10 makes me relive the scenes and events with a true, emotional attachment. I've gotten teary eyed at a few books, but not game of thrones beyond book 1. I think it's because I really expect all the terrible shit to happen, but once they make you a part of that scene with the music, donesville.

Forever cry at Hold the Door. (Partly because of the shit happening, but the juxtaposition of that slow dirge to the frenzied pace of action, urgh.)

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Worst thing that could happen is that it takes a whole or even half a season for Dany and crew to arrive in Westeros. Next season should probably even start with them making land somewhere. Cersei's reign as Queen should last about as long as John snow being dead. Her reign is going to be tyrannical. The Lannisters have no major allies anymore, the House is broke as is the crown, the population should be in open rebellion that is only curbed by oppression from the Lannister army. Cersei may never even leave the red keep.

And I have huge anticipation for a scene within the first 2 or 3 episodes. Cersei sitting on the throne as the ever predictable Mad Queen, by this point she's completely gone off the deep end. She's had enough of the towns people rebelling and hating her she just wants to burn them all, because it would feel good. At the entrance stands Jaime and Sandor (a stretch but maybe the brotherhood detours to KL when they find out what happened? Or magic) there as a team to stop Cersei. Between in the middle stands the mountain, a stoic giant forever protecting the queen. Lots of red and fire imagery. Some sort of battle ensues that results in a dead Sandor a dead Gregor and a mortally wounded Jaime. Jaime kills Cersei before falling dead. Nobody leaves the room alive. At that moment drogon burns the keep to the ground, rendering the entire series of events pointless.

For a not as poetic but perhaps more logical version replace Sandor with Brienne of Tarth, who may be out rowing boats with Pod and Gendry in some inescapable Bermuda Triangle of lost/missing characters.