GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Did anyone else get emotional when they showed baby Jon?
Yes. Again, I think the music was part of it, but there was this absolute elation that we were getting confirmation, and it was this weird like...fast forward. That this baby, who is a product of what caused so much distress, could live to be the person that Jon Snow is. The music crescendoing as Jon's face comes into focus...so good.
Being followed up by all of the north basically saying, "Fuck it, you're of the North, even as a bastard" was fucking money.

Also emotional over Tyrion getting the hand of the queen. So I guess this episode was bad for me.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Sir C is prolly gonna get choked out by Jaime, but Id most like to see her get eaten by a dragon. I can vividly picture a scene where Dany tries to treat with her about how many men she has, the dragons ect. Upon hearing this Sir C would have some snarky comment about how a proud lion blah blah and what not, and Dany just hears enough and Drogon eats that bitch.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So those murderous kids are pretty horrible considering they mutilated an old man with knives for some chocolates. That's some serious children of the corn shit right there.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't Varys leave Mereen before Dany returned? As far as he knew, all her ships had burned. That explains the Tyrell and Martell ships.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So if Melisandre is going south, does that mean she'll run into the Brotherhood Without Banners?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry if I've missed but have they announced how season 7 is gonna work? Are they gonna do a 2 season split like breaking bad did?

Im wondering how the fuck they can possibly wrap this all up

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Sorry if I've missed but have they announced how season 7 is gonna work? Are they gonna do a 2 season split like breaking bad did?

Im wondering how the fuck they can possibly wrap this all up
At this point, it's almost nearly wrapped up I'd say. You have Cersei who is going to continue to scheme except she now has shit all power behind her. Jon and Dany have consolidated their power. They're going to demolish Cersei, take King's Landing and prepare the country/world for the walkers.

There's only a few small parts we'll need to consider - like Pyke and the dragon horn, but other than that, we're almost finished. Or rather, Cersei is the only one who has enemies she needs to vanquish before her story can continue. But unfortunately for her, that's the entire god damn world.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's no confirmation about anything regarding number of seasons or number of episodes. Contracts have not been signed. There's D&D speculating that it would be thirteen more, but that was a while ago. So, everything should still be considered up in the air at this point.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was a 7 and then 5 episode season? My thoughts on it are because production value for the coming episodes would be high due to cost of using more people, props, and effects. The budget per season will likely be it pretty quick with dragons raging throughout the battlefield and what ever magic there is to be had.

DickTrickle

Again, there's nothing set in stone yet. It may depend on contract negotiations with the stars, even. I figured that might have been the case when 13 more were speculated by D&D, with the idea that the episodes will be longer (it's usually cheaper in terms of actor pay to have longer episodes than more episodes).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well, they have plenty less actors and actresses to pay now too....heheh.
Totally. Remember S1 when people were making posters just to keep track of who was who? Like 80% of the cast is dead now. You should be able to pay the remaining stars handsomely.

Szlia

Two thoughts:

1) The people are conveniently absent from the power transition in King's Landing. It's not too clear what is preventing a revolt from happening.

2) Why would you have a contraption with many lenses exposed to sun light in the middle of a gigantic library? It looks like an Alexandria waiting to happen!

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Jamie doesn't have the best reputation, either. It isn't a stretch to say the majority of lords preferred Cersei over Jamie. Especially if they couldn't prove Cersei was behind the wildfire attack.
Even if they do know she's behind the wildfire attack, it just needs to be spun that it was an act of liberation against a fanatical occupying force (the sparrows). Tommen's death is spun as a reaction to being so grief struck by the death of his queen who was held hostage by the faith militants. There you go, Cersei gets to play heroic but sullen queen who carries out her duty to the realm.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Two thoughts:

1) The people are conveniently absent from the power transition in King's Landing. It's not too clear what is preventing a revolt from happening.

2) Why would you have a contraption with many lenses exposed to sun light in the middle of a gigantic library? It looks like an Alexandria waiting to happen!
1. Fear

2. Fashion

Anyone else just love Cersi's outfit in this episode?

DickTrickle

2) To let light into all the nooks and crannies. With varying shapes of lenses, you can diffuse the light enough and probably have it be safer than thousands of torches. It actually has some real historical background, though I don't think there was ever anything so elaborate.