GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I thought Gurrm stated multiple times the explanation for the seasons will involve magic
They kill the Night King and suddenly it's summer again. Hodor rises from the melting snow. Credits roll.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You know when Benjen left Meera with old jello-legs she was all, "Well this fucking sucks."
I would have told Bran right then he better warg a bear are something to drag him around because I'm not dragging you around any more and your uncle just left with the only horse.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
So who is Arya going to kill next? Will she meet up with her direwolf?
Only one person left on her list really considering we know the Hound is going to have his showdown with big brother? Frey was a warmup, my money is on Arya becoming a Queenslayer. They could make this one mean more though with Cirsei having her finger on a button as the armies of the world bear down upon King's Landing. I think Jamie will give up on Cirsei at some point but will not be the one to kill her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I also liked Sam's sweet wrap job on his stolen sword. Any passing people would surely be fooled by his expert ruse.
I mean, yeah anyone who looks knows it's a sword. They don't know it's a priceless valyrian steel sword being carried by a fat tub of lard who would be easy to rob. I mean I suppose he could just carry it openly because who would expect a fat tub of lard to be waddling around with valyrian steel, but it makes some sense to have it wrapped. Heartsbane is pretty fancy looking, all of the valyrian steel swords are except for Longclaw.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She was absolutely unreal. It's completely ridiculous that the lords of the North would respect a child her age as an equal, or really even that she'd be directly ruling her house without some sort of regent, although maybe with House Mormont being so small that didn't really matter.

But goddamn if her performance didn't make you believe it.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I haven't been watching the TV version that closely, so I legitimately don't know:
Are the valonqar and Jaime-&-Hound-fighting-Gregorstein prophecies in the TV version? The showrunners don'thave tofollow the book on these, but I would suspect they will.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The bit about the valonqar was left out of Maggy's prophecy, maybe because they wanted to limit how much the book readers could spoil for the rest. I don't remember what part of the books suggested Jaime and the Hound fighting Gregor, but I'm guessing it isn't actually in the show either.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The bit about the valonqar was left out of Maggy's prophecy, maybe because they wanted to limit how much the book readers could spoil for the rest. I don't remember what part of the books suggested Jaime and the Hound fighting Gregor, but I'm guessing it isn't actually in the show either.
It's from one of the earliest bran chapters of Game of Thrones, ie Book 1. it's a vision he has when he's in a coma immediately after being pushed out of the window, where he first meets the 3 eyed raven. The show didn't include it. I posted the snippet a few weeks ago in this thread.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Do you guys need like a big blinking sign for every scene stating [a week later...] or [a month later...] to figure out the time lines? Some of you seem to think like it's only been a day that goes by in an hour of the show. The ship scene was the last they showed, it could have been weeks or months later from the scene in Dorne.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Do you guys need like a big blinking sign for every scene stating [a week later...] or [a month later...] to figure out the time lines? Some of you seem to think like it's only been a day that goes by in an hour of the show. The ship scene was the last they showed, it could have been weeks or months later from the scene in Dorne.
If the show doesn't explicitly spell something out, people complain that its a plot hole.

If they do explicitly spell it out, people complain that the show isn't subtle anymore.

dangler_sl

shitlord
Edit: ghost is with Jon, just not shown all the time due to CGI budget, plus it would have been dumb to use him during the battle for winterfell. Last we saw ghost was with John at castle black during his resurrection, south of the wall
Acceptable. It's just a bit odd the dog isn't even mentioned, just forgotten about. Whatevs.

I think the Twins is a likely location for a major battle against the Undead marching south towards King's Landing, due to it being smack in the middle and the last major bottleneck between the North and the Capitol.

So the Freys may still have a role to play down the road.
The coldest winter in 1000 years and/or WW will freeze the rivers. Making the Frey's bridge irrelevant.

I did like thee conversation betweed Jamie and Walder. Walder was talking like he and Jamie were basically the same. Jamie just got disgusted by the thought that he was anything like WF. Another point in the turning to the light column. Add to that when he returns to KL, now he has some life choices to make.

dangler_sl

shitlord
Right, they do a LotR cgi on them. Make them bigger than they really are. So it seems like having them in the background or some perspective manipulation shots could be a cheap way to include them without the cgi costs.

Actually, I saw on reddit that there are some difficult regulations taking the wolves out of their home countries, so all the shots with them are done in the country with the wolves. That may be a big reason why they arent often seen. IDK.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This caught me just right and I laughed til I damn near cried.

rrr_img_136320.jpg