GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This story does not end with Danaerys, or anyone else, ruling the Seven Kingdoms. The Seven Kingdoms, in their current incarnation, won't exist, we see the Iron Throne and the entire Throne Room completely destroyed in a vision. Dany has already promised the Iron Islands their independence, assuming Euron doesn't win.

This isn't your typical fairytale.
I agree.

I think the only suitable ending is if WW invasion kills off 99% of the population and you have about 1k or less people remaining to rebuild Westeros. Total elimination of houses, thrones, etc. Civilization starts anew and rebuilds. Drama eliminated in the meantime since focus is on rebuilding & survival. In a few generations you'll get a new "Game of Thrones".

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Speculation time:

As this is happening, bran arrives at winterfell to reveal what's going on beyond the wall, and the nk breaks the wall somehow and the wall comes down and the dead with them.
We already know how the NK gets past the wall. When he touched Bran in his vision is marked him which let the NK forces breach the trees defenses. Bran is about to go south of the wall, which will let the NK breach those defenses.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I really hope the magic of the wall is more powerful than the stupid "Bran is marked" thing.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Can Bran really be dumb enough to do that knowing he is marked and what being marked leads to? That sounds like a story line made for Lost not GoT.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
What was the Three-eyed Raven's last name in his previous life? You'd think he'd have told Bran he could never go south of the Wall again if the NK's mark will break it's magic.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Or BenjenHands could have mentioned it. In the weeks it took them to get to the Wall. The mark thing would just be silly. 300 miles long, 700 feet high, stood for 8000+ years. Invalidated for its singular purpose because Bran Stark was an idiot and the Three Eyed Raven was also an idiot because he never bothered to mention such risks at all.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
except he sort of did. he told bran that how that he was marked the Nk could breach the trees defensive magic. the same magic that was cast on the wall.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
except he sort of did. he told bran that how that he was marked the Nk could breach the trees defensive magic. the same magic that was cast on the wall.
If there was ever a time to be explicit that would have been it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Then wouldn't you think that bringing him to the Wall knowing he is there to cross it is an extreme risk... Probably should just say, kid. Sorry but we need you. You also can't cross the Wall for the safety of the Realm.

I wonder where BenjenHands and his horse stay anyway. I kinda figured that beyond the Wall is a wasteland of ice zombies at this point. Are there any Wildlings left beyond the Wall you think?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Maybe BenjenHands and the Three Eyed Raven know the Wall has to come down to put an end to the whole ordeal.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Maybe BenjenHands and the Three Eyed Raven know the Wall has to come down to put an end to the whole ordeal.
Good point. Can the 3 Eyed Raven see into the future? Bran letting the NK pass the wall may be needed for the White Walkers' defeat. If Sam reads up on the horn and finds out he has it, I would assume he would try and hide or protect it somehow.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Good point. Can the 3 Eyed Raven see into the future? Bran letting the NK pass the wall may be needed for the White Walkers' defeat. If Sam reads up on the horn and finds out he has it, I would assume he would try and hide or protect it somehow.
He'll make a fleshlight out of it. No one will put their mouth on it afterwards. Win/win

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think that makes even less sense. If the Wall must come down to defeat the threat it was meant to contain.

Then why build the fucking thing? It failed at the only thing it was ever meant to do. Keep the supernatural threat of the WW out. Good at keeping out the comparatively harmless Wildlings out though!

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I think that makes even less sense. If the Wall must come down to defeat the threat it was meant to contain.

Then why build the fucking thing? It failed at the only thing it was ever meant to do. Keep the supernatural threat of the WW out. Good at keeping out the comparatively harmless Wildlings out though!
It keeps them out for 1000s of years until the prophecy of the dragon queen comes to fruition.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haven't the WW not been seen for 1000 years? That's why nobody believes they even exist.