GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
No clue where I got it from, but I was always under the impression that Varys gave Shae the necklace to lure her to Tywin's room... which is also how she was able to get past the guards (a personal invitation)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Gay argument is more suited for the book thread. I keep hoping Fedor posted some video, instead it's just another post about Tywin's turds.

Shut up Astro

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://winteriscoming.net/2013/03/wh...ks/#more-23325

2013: Season 3 - A Storm of Swords Part 1
2014: Season 4 - A Storm of Swords Part 2/A Feast for Crows/A Dance with Dragons Part 1
2015: Season 5 - A Feast for Crows/A Dance with Dragons Part 2
Late 2015: Possible Winds of Winter release date.
2016: Season 6 - A Feast for Crows/A Dance with Dragons Part 3/The Winds of Winter Part 1
2017: Season 7 - The Winds of Winter Part 2
2018: Season 8 - The Winds of Winter Part 3/A Dream of Spring Part 1
2019: Season 9 - A Dream of Spring Part 2/longest realistic lifespan of the TV series

As you can see, this means that Martin would be required to publish A Dream of Spring by spring 2019 at the latest, and to give the showrunners material from it in the summer of 2018.

Really good read here.

Of all this theory crafting on the books and show.

http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2013...ke-novels.html

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It will last as long as it is making them money. It seems to be cleaning up for HBO so it is possible. The Sopranos was 9 years. Even Oz was 6 years.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If it makes it passed s5 then it will likely make it to 9 seasons. Season 5 looks lile its gonna suck ass.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Honestly I think they could trim down the AFFC/ADWD content significantly and probably create a serviceable season or two from it.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I had a thought today, about the chapter progression in ADWD +AFFC:

Has anyone thought to put the chapters in (rough) chronological order? Since the books were split up by location, rather than time, you should be able to put the two books' chapters together, as if they were 1 ginormous book. If this was done, youd have to physically swap between the two books to read the chapters as they progress chronologically, but I think if this was done right, the book "as a whole" would be a much more enjoyable experience than as it exists currently.

If someone has a link to where this has been done, a list of the chapters as they fall in order, Id give some nets.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It will last as long as it is making them money. It seems to be cleaning up for HBO so it is possible. The Sopranos was 9 years. Even Oz was 6 years.
Yet they only gave us 2 of Rome and 3 of Deadwood. Fucking bizzarre network.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The problem with shows like Rome, Deadwood, and Game of Thrones is that they are insanely expensive to create. I'd imagine that ratings need to be extremely high to justify continuing to produce new seasons. What might be considered very good ratings for a typical network show probably wouldn't cut it for these HBO period dramas.

I think Game of Thrones stands a better chance at lasting 8 - 9 seasons than Rome or Deadwood because it is a cultural phenomenon at the moment. Most people I know have never heard of Rome or Deadwood, yet you see Game of Thrones books and merchandise everywhere now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I had a thought today, about the chapter progression in ADWD +AFFC:

Has anyone thought to put the chapters in (rough) chronological order? Since the books were split up by location, rather than time, you should be able to put the two books' chapters together, as if they were 1 ginormous book. If this was done, youd have to physically swap between the two books to read the chapters as they progress chronologically, but I think if this was done right, the book "as a whole" would be a much more enjoyable experience than as it exists currently.

If someone has a link to where this has been done, a list of the chapters as they fall in order, Id give some nets.
Yes some people on the asofai forums has made a couple of reading orders based on this concept. I think you need to place the arianne and quentyn chapters carefully to keep their plot twists in tact.

Fedor

<Banned>
WC99N0Mh.jpg

NzWifEBh.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yet they only gave us 2 of Rome and 3 of Deadwood. Fucking bizzarre network.
The sets for Rome burned to the ground and it would have been insanely expensive to rebuild.

There were supposed to be a Deadwood movie or movies to tie it all up but they could never get all the actors signed up and Milch went on to do his passion project for HBO(John from Cincinnati). Plus they were near the point in the story where the real Deadwood burned down so there wasn't too much longer to really go.

Extenuating circumstances in both cases. Something could happen to GoT as well, but as it is they are making money hand over fist with it. Apparently they made just crazy bank with the first season DVD/Blu Ray.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the sets are all consolidated for GoT like they were for Rome and Deadwood so should something befall them it wouldn't be as devastating.