GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Grimm just goes on about this "no such thing as evil, maaaaaaan!" thing to desensitize us for when it comes out that he murders pregnant women to rape their unborn fetus' to death.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Sansa was raised to be some lord's wife. She was beyond naive. I find it hard to really blame her for everything that went on, she was brought up with her head full of all this bullshit. I blame Cat for that shit.
This brings up a good point. I actually don't find it very believable that Cat would actually raise a daughter like Sansa. It seems like Cat is more of a realist, down home Lady who wouldn't let her daughter keep such flitting thoughts as she grew up. Or that any girl raised in the North would end up like Sansa. Name one other northern House that has daughters like that? Wouldn't they all have aspirations to marry some Lord? Yet they grow up being self reliant more like Arya because, hey, the North is a tough place to live.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Tue, but the Starks are a very old noble house, Lords over the larges part of land in the 7 kingdoms and the Wardens of the North. They have a bit of a heads up on the other northern House's daughters and are more likely to get involved in marriage to another major house.

Also, blame Old Nan and Septa Mordaine who are the ones filling Sansa mind with stories and what it is to be a proper Lady. The servants of a major house usually do more to raise the kids than the actual mothers do.

Sansa just latched on those stories and believed them to be the hard truth, like many sheltered kids would have. f=Fairy tales are awesome until the cold hard truth rips them apart.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
On where Martin is with the book series

Martin: Well, I'm writing book 6, The Winds of Winter. I'm starting to worry because everybody keeps asking me, "What are you going to do, if David and Dan and the show catches up to you?," and I didn't think it was a problem before, but they're moving faster than I am and it's beginning to scare me. I have not failed to notice this. I feel sometimes as if I'm laying track for a railroad and I can hear the locomotive coming up behind me. It's building speed and I see the smoke and I hear the whistle coming, and I better keep laying that track pretty fast 'cause I'll get squashed, if the locomotive comes. But, I still have a pretty considerable lead, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Season 3 is only the first half of book 3. Season 4 will be the second half of book 3. And then, I have book 4 and book 5, and those are gigantic books which have to be recombined because they're actually parallel. I'm hoping those will be at least two seasons, maybe three. That will give me some time to finish book 6. By the time they're doing that season, I'll be writing book 7. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I don't know, all the ones we have met or heard about are pretty fucking evil.
Yeah, the Boltons are psychopathic. They KNOW what they do is wrong, otherwise Roose wouldn't be so good at hiding it from the smallfolk. He's Vlad Dracul, basically.

The Karstarks and other northerners are just savages, really no better than the clans around the Eyrie. They're just better funded and kept civilized by the Starks. They're not all evil, they're just mean.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, the Boltons are psychopathic. They KNOW what they do is wrong, otherwise Roose wouldn't be so good at hiding it from the smallfolk. He's Vlad Dracul, basically.

The Karstarks and other northerners are just savages, really no better than the clans around the Eyrie. They're just better funded and kept civilized by the Starks. They're not all evil, they're just mean.
and to be fair... it's fucking cold up there. It makes you mean.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Fedor, I challange you to post in FSR the nude scenes for every woman in this show thus far.
smile.png

smile.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This brings up a good point. I actually don't find it very believable that Cat would actually raise a daughter like Sansa. It seems like Cat is more of a realist, down home Lady who wouldn't let her daughter keep such flitting thoughts as she grew up. Or that any girl raised in the North would end up like Sansa. Name one other northern House that has daughters like that? Wouldn't they all have aspirations to marry some Lord? Yet they grow up being self reliant more like Arya because, hey, the North is a tough place to live.
im not sure if the House of Tully counts as a northern house, if so then lyanae seems a perfect match for sansa, so does sansa's friend who ended up as arya stark 2.0

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
As far as I know, House Tully is in control of the Riverlands, with numerous small houses sworn to them, so they aren't part of the North. Didn't the marriage of Starks/Arran to Tullys start as a way for the North and the Vale to get the Riverlands on their side? I'd imagine if House Tully were in the North they'd have already been sworn to the Starks and wouldn't have had a choice to support the war effort.

I don't think I'm 100% right with this, so correct me if I'm wrong. I find the history of Westeros really interesting.