GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Thought that was a wasted episode, especially with only 7 total episodes this season. The plot is getting as cheesy as a soap opera. Seriously, I knew that Martin had painted himself into a corner with the White Walkers, but I was hoping and praying that they would find a clever way around it, but alas, we're going to get the whole "everyone hold hands Kumbaya" ending that I was dreading. Yes, Littlefinger is scheming something, and so is Cersei, but I still feel the show is going to end in a gigantic disappoint.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ganthorn

N00b
So with the Gilly scene did we find out that Jon isn't actually a bastard?

Ya he divorced his wife and remarried lyanna so that makes Jon the rightful King instead of Daeny i'm pretty sure. I have also been thinking since the beginning that Gendry would figure out how to make valeryian steel. Since he is reappearing I think that is more likely. Something like melting dragon glass into the steel and/or bathing it in dragonfire.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I hope Tormunds plot armor is as thick as Bronn's, yet somehow I doubt it. Too many people seem untouchable lately, he seems likely to be the next sad death. Hope he gets some of that sweet sweet Tarth poon first at least.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Thought that was a wasted episode, especially with only 7 total episodes this season. The plot is getting as cheesy as a soap opera. Seriously, I knew that Martin had painted himself into a corner with the White Walkers, but I was hoping and praying that they would find a clever way around it, but alas, we're going to get the whole "everyone hold hands Kumbaya" ending that I was dreading. Yes, Littlefinger is scheming something, and so is Cersei, but I still feel the show is going to end in a gigantic disappoint.
I don't disagree. The episode in general seems wasted when you put in perspective that this whole series only has now 8 left. 10% is Randall/Dicky getting roasted. It wasn't about 100 people bending the knee because those 100 people are worthless when you have an army of 50,000. Tyrion/Jamie/Preggo bitch/Fleabottums fine whatever, it was a bit long but the whole guard shit just soaking away precious minutes of what is left. Time that could have been spent showing for example how does some wildlins catch a group such as that with the hound in it peacefully. Next thing you know they'll be showing us Jon Snow petting dragons or some shit.

I think the episode would have been fine, if there was going to be 10 episodes this season.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This episode had the biggest plot hole since "The Lord of the Rings."
Jon Snow: "We are going to send 8 men north of the wall to capture a White Walker and prove that they're real."
Common Sense: "Or, you could take one of the three fucking dragons that you have, fly there and pick one up and return with it in a couple of hours..."

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jon Snow: "We are going to send 8 men north of the wall to capture a White Walker and prove that they're real."
Common Sense: "Or, you could take one of the three fucking dragons that you have, fly there and pick one up and return with it in a couple of hours..."

I let all the time jumps and teleporting fleets roll off me, my mind can rationalize that shit with weak 'time is passing offscreen'. That one was pretty jarring though, its like, dude, just fly the fuck up there with a dragon and snatch one of those pricks. Drogon = Gwahir confirmed.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Exposing one of Dany's biggest weapons for a mission that likely won't help even if successful (Unless you think Cersei is trustworthy, when she basically already told Jaime fuck them all we'll fight smart) isn't common sense. Better for Dany to let the small group try their suicide mission, only Jorah is in the group that she really care about.

Wished Jaime/Tyrion meeting was longer, but decent episode overall. Some great one liners throughout. Davos especially was killing it...telling Gendry he thought he'd still be rowing. Besides, it all gets us to the end point, the pros of the pros raid group heading north where we know from next week's trailer that shit goes down. Bring it on.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok. Even I cant stomach the whole black ops Mideival style raid north of the wall to peacefully "capture" a zombie JUST to peacefully bring it to Cersei and hope to convince her to ....what exactly? She even said herself why the fuck would they want to parlay in the position she is in. And did I miss something or did Cersei say they DID indeed secure the gold from the Tyrells? The loot train included everything BUT the gold?

So much retarded shit just happened Im not sure what else to say. The scene of Gendry saying he is ready to go with Davos had to be one of the most convenient, unbelievable onscreen interactions I have ever seen. Then Jamie just completely escaping after that charge?? Are you fucking KIDDING me?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Tormund: "We caught them a mile south of the Wall, they said they were coming here [Winterfel]"

uhhhhhh

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ok. Even I cant stomach the whole black ops Mideival style raid north of the wall to peacefully "capture" a zombie JUST to peacefully bring it to Cersei and hope to convince her to ....what exactly? She even said herself why the fuck would they want to parlay in the position she is in. And did I miss something or did Cersei say they DID indeed secure the gold from the Tyrells? The loot train included everything BUT the gold?

So much retarded shit just happened Im not sure what else to say. The scene of Gendry saying he is ready to go with Davos had to be one of the most convenient, unbelievable onscreen interactions I have ever seen. Then Jamie just completely escaping after that charge?? Are you fucking KIDDING me?

Yes they secured the gold. Jaime and Bronn were capable of swimming over a thousand meters in metal armor.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I bet Dany shows up with a Dragon to save them from the Night King next week so yeah.

They do look pretty fucked next week. I mean trying to outrun a zombie horde 8 vs 1000000 that doesnt get tired can't end well.

I also have a weird feeling John dies again and Berric revives him using his life force like he does to catelyn in the books.

Merrith

They do look pretty fucked next week. I mean trying to outrun a zombie horde 8 vs 1000000 that doesnt get tired can't end well.

I also have a weird feeling John dies again and Berric revives him using his life force like he does to catelyn in the books.

I guess in theory jorah isn't only one she cares about in the group, since seems clear she is starting to get the feels for Jon.

Merrith

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bet Dany shows up with a Dragon to save them from the Night King next week so yeah.

Good news because I hear The Night King has been in the market for a new pet....

Last edited by a moderator: