GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I know he's been taking his sweet time, but Martin has claimed that the show has given him motivation toactually finishand even at an extremely lazy speed 4 years is plenty of time to finish 2 books.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Book 3 pt 2 is s4 so since book 4 & 5 are going to be comboed its not unlikely they will span 3 more seasons. Thats 7 seasons of tv based on what is known. If grrm lives long enough to finish his books then thats at least another 3 seasons of tv. GOT is going to be around a long time

khalid

Unelected Mod
They have said they will be pulling from book 4 also next season, they have to realize they have no more than 8 seasons. I imagine some storylines from books 4 and 5 will be cut completely.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dunno why varys seems such a mystery. He wants targs in power and thats why hes working to destabilize the throne. When he said he hates magic and sorcery, he is fucking lying. so why he wants dragons and targs in westeros again is not too important. I do believe he is not lying when he says hes concerned for the realm, though that may differ from the POV of many.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Never gonna happen. First of all book 6 and 7 wil never be done in 4 years. We will be lucky to get book 6 in that time period, secondly these books are fucking huge and cant be contained in ten 50 minute episodes . For book 3 its still isnt emough time. So no.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
He hates magic and sorcery because the fedex wizard (weird port spell imo) cut off his twig and berries for a magic spell....that would make me hate more then just magic...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He hates magic and sorcery because the fedex wizard (weird port spell imo) cut off his twig and berries for a magic spell....that would make me hate more then just magic...
I can't remember, was that from the book as well or just in the tv show?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dragons boost magic. Dragons themselves are magical. So varys is pro magic. Its the maesters who hate it. Varys is pretending

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Eh, it's not that hard to condense. A few minutes of exposition through dialogue and you can skip showing as much as you want while still including those events in the storyline. Not saying it's good to do this, but it's definitely possible.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I imagine it will depend on the ratings. If they stay good HBO will probably not mind tacking on an extra season or two. On the other hand, there are certainly those that think the last couple books could have been condensed a bit.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
It's like no-one read the ADWD epilogue or are all Tywin fanboys who just can't accept that not everyone, including Varys, feels the most famous child murderer in Westeros was the best guy for the top job.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
It's like no-one read the ADWD epilogue or are all Tywin fanboys who just can't accept that not everyone, including Varys, feels the most famous child murderer in Westeros was the best guy for the top job.
Varys's plans for a "Targaryen" reconquest seemingly originate from before Joffrey was even born. You don't play that long of game "just in case."

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I read it, especially the part where he says he is killing Kevan because he would have restored order, and he wants Cersei in power to ensure chaos and death reign in the realm until his fake ass "Aegon" gets over the ocean. Like everything else in this story, good and bad are subjective and meaningless. But Varys made his intentions very plain, he pays lip service to "the realm" while his actions and maneuvering tears it apart so he can install his choice of ruler. He is no different than Tywin or anyone else, he just serves a different purpose.