GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3.36 star(s) Rating: 3.36/5 11 Votes
Title: Game of Thrones

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2011-04-17

Creator: David Benioff, D. B. Weiss

Cast: Liam Cunningham, Emilia Clarke, John Bradley, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Conleth Hill, Kristofer Hivju, Gwendoline Christie, Jerome Flynn, Alfie Allen, Iain Glen, Rory McCann, Aidan Gillen, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jacob Anderson

Overview: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Friction between the houses leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war, a neglected military order of misfits, the Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game of Thrones
gwPSoYUHAKmdyVywgLpKKA4BjRr.jpg

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2011-04-17

Creator: David Benioff, D. B. Weiss

Cast: Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Iain Glen, Alfie Allen, Liam Cunningham, John Bradley, Conleth Hill, Aidan Gillen, Gwendoline Christie, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kristofer Hivju, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jacob Anderson, Jerome Flynn, Rory McCann

Overview: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Friction between the houses leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war, a neglected military order of misfits, the Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the troll that was HBO stressing that season 3 will debut EARLIER than last season. Only to eventually announce that it's going to be literally one day before the season 2 premier was. Well played.

I5waD.jpg

I5waD.jpg

I5waD.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Technically it's 2 days earlier since last year was a leap year. Still, too long to wait ...

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
I like it where it's at. A really nice cap to the TV year after all the other HBO, Starz, Show, AMC, and FX awesome shows are mostly finished.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hope they pick it up this season - last season disappointed me quite a bit (after how perfect s1 was - I expected the same for s2). The closer they stay to source material the better. I'm pretty OCD though - my brother (who didn't read any of the books) quite liked season 2.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Honestly, until GRRM finishes the books, it will be impossible to ascertain how well things are holding together between the books and the story. There's so much shit that needs to be covered, who knows how well/poor the show is dealing with the story other than relating it back to the individual instances themselves and theory crafting.

They seem to be running a bit rough-shod through the source material, but I am impotent with judgement because I don't have the whole story.

You think HBO is gonna have the balls to do the RW as written? Everyone I know who watches the show, but has not read the books FUCKING loves Robb "King in the North" Stark. They are so wrapped up in these characters, ALL of which either die or go through drastic changes they, the unsuspecting viewers but especially my GF, are going to shit bricks. "Oh, you think Jon Snow and Ygritte make a cute couple? Just wait sweetheart, just wait."

All that said, I can't wait for some Arstan. Ser Barristan's POV chapters in ADWD are killer.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I actually had it spoiled to me that Robb died before I ever got to the Red Wedding. Luckily the writing was good enough that I didn't realize where it was happening right until the wedding. You knew something bad was going to happen when only the Stark camp was getting drunk and enjoying the festivities.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i still havent read book 5 yet. but i most definitely have read book 3 and this season should be awesome

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I pumped my fist when Robb died.

Fuck that guy. I'll probably do a jig when they kill him off on the show next year or whenever.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
There needs a forum bet somewhere of what gets finished first: GoT season 5, or book 6.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database