GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Does this mean Arya is the prince that was promised? Completely negating all prophecy and work until now?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Arya getting the final blow on raid boss kind of made the most sense. Think of HOW MUCH FUCKING SCREEN TIME they gave her character. From the suffering, to the training, traveling, her list, cockles, faceless assassin, many faced God shit, purpose for Melisandre, I mean that culmination basically built itself.

Most disappointing thing for me was Bran doing FUCK ALL. Theon out there like a boss, was on like a 47 kill streak, all so Bran could....warg some birds and look at the NK....wtf?

Also, another obvious plot device was the total loss of the dothraki and loss of a dragon, evening up the final army sizes at the end. Targaryens and 1 dragon, night king slayer, some unsullied, Jaime the rest of whoever is left, vs Cersei and Euron.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm not sure if that other dragon is actually dead. I wondered about that myself. Is that dragon dead or just seriously wounded?

a 2nd dragon didn't pop up with Necromonger did his mass rez. With continuity being what it is that doesn't mean much of anything. There's a high probability that they just FORGOT or decided that a 2nd dracolich wasn't important enough to spend the CGI budget on.

If we're taking cues from what was on the screen though it would indicate that dragon did not die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think a lot of it was fanfic, but I don't think Arya killing the NK was fanfic. In the BTS afterwards, the producers said they knew Arya was going to do it for 3 years, which leads me to believe it was a GRRM plot point that they wrote around.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The only way this ending to the NK will sit well with me is if a new NK takes his place (Bran?!). And it's implied that a new undead army will be formed over the next 1000s of years.

I really didn't expect Bran to survive this episode and have no idea how his story will end now. But imo it's going to give us the final conclusion to the NK/undead somehow.
Gilly's son will be the next NK, raised by Sam

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Lithose this might be the only post of yours I've ever 100% agreed with. Rustled as fuck NK just did the John Cena you can't see me to Jon again and Arya takes the glory. No extra shit about Melisandre and why she's been fighting for so long, I guess we just assume the Lord of Light is real and was against the great Other dark god the whole time...nothing else to it.

It feels like the writers merged the Lord of Light and the Many-Faced God. I don't know the books--could they be the same God, or are they working together against a common enemy?

Episode was thrilling and brilliant. The lighting of the Dothraki Arakh swords only to see the slowly get snuffed out by the unseen horde of undead was one of the most effectively chilling things I have ever seen on a movie or TV screen.

Yeah it was pretty great. It's the sort of ingenious thing that comes from stage art and budget.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
was a cool episode of tv kinda.

in the context of the show and characters that was some fucking hot garbage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
All I got is that the Night King was essentially a superweapon created by the Children of the Forest to kill off the First Men. It got out of hand but Brann is the only remaining practitioner of the magic that created him. Also the keeper of all the long forgotten lore via TreeNet. Not that that fucking mattered really but I can understand that this was the reason the NK was drawn to Brann specifically. Even if it didn't do shit else.

Brann being able to create wards against the undead might have been helpful though ya heard?

What that doesn't explain is the NK's consciousness. Clearly it was sentient. The NK had thoughts and strategies, waited thousands of years before attacking after the first Long Night. I can even accept that The NK just hates all warmth and the living and that it had to wait for the next Long Night to fight again/build up its wights and numbers for millennia. But is that all it thought about? Why did it wait and give a dramatic pause before it was going to kill Brann? IDK just a lot of unresolved shit about the WW. I guess I'm okay with that though.

Also yeah so dark I had to change the setting on my other monitor to darkmode so I could see shit lol.

This helps. I still want one of the characters to start shaking Bran and demand to know what's going on.

When Bran tells Theon that everything he did got him here, I think Bran is playing some huge Chaos Theory game. When Bran tells Theon that he's a good man, it's like Bran is some arbiter of morality, too. Maybe there's just no great way of dealing with these things in a show format.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Arya getting the final blow on raid boss kind of made the most sense. Think of HOW MUCH FUCKING SCREEN TIME they gave her character. From the suffering, to the training, traveling, her list, cockles, faceless assassin, many faced God shit, purpose for Melisandre, I mean that culmination basically built itself.

Most disappointing thing for me was Bran doing FUCK ALL. Theon out there like a boss, was on like a 47 kill streak, all so Bran could....warg some birds and look at the NK....wtf?

Also, another obvious plot device was the total loss of the dothraki and loss of a dragon, evening up the final army sizes at the end. Targaryens and 1 dragon, night king slayer, some unsullied, Jaime the rest of whoever is left, vs Cersei and Euron.

Both dragons are in preview for episode 4

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i thought Jons dragon died.

Well, that evens things up a bit more. Makes the NK's death even more lame honestly.

His entire thousand year quest culminated in him scoring a melee kill on Theon before getting 1 shotted by a stealth rogue assassin in the godswood. So, he took out a lot of unsullied, the Dothraki, House Mormont, Edd, 3 eyed Raven, Theon and a dragon.

Lol.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When Bran tells Theon that everything he did got him here, I think Bran is playing some huge Chaos Theory game. When Bran tells Theon that he's a good man, it's like Bran is some arbiter of morality, too. Maybe there's just no great way of dealing with these things in a show format.
no, bran just lacks all humanity, he did the same w/ meera, she's like "jogen died for you, hodor died for you!!! don't you feel!!!"

brans like, "cool"

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Battle itself was epic as hell. However, the meat of the situation was a pretty big let down. Again, par for the course on this show. They absolutely seek out ways to make endings flat as fuck, and this one took the cake. I don't particularly have a problem with Arya landing the killing blow. But the out of nowhere nature of it while the Night King had the upper hand the entire time just made it weak to me. Like legit no shit, we have spent the better part of 6 seasons watching this build up between Jon and the Night King only to have Jon not have one second of direct fight time with the Night King? And then really, the Night King did fuck all directly. All they had to do was have Jon and NK face off for a bit, NK land a injuring blow that incapacitated Jon, and Jon watches helplessly as the NK makes his way to the god tree, and then play it out just like they did. Not only that due to the dark as fuck filming, it was hard to see what the hell was going on at times, and frankly not enough people died. Yeah Ser Friendzone and Theon were both very well done, the rest were side characters. I really think a Tormund or Brienne or anyone else in that tier of characters needed to die in the same fashion. Oh well I didn't hate it, but it really could have been so much better if their only focus was trying to only keep things unexpected just for being unexpected's sake.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's cute that people expect GRRM to actually finish this series. He's literally going to live the Robert Baratheon life until he chokes on a pork chop.

My biggest gripe with this episode is the huge disparity in "density" of the attacking undead between the larger battle scenes (where they literally came through as a tidal wave of skeletal limbs mowing down everything in their path) to the smaller scenes where the main characters are literally picking them off one by one and never really overwhelmed. Even when the horde initially storms into the godswood, Theon and company calmly plinks them one at a time with their bows.

So we're basically left with an episode of prep for the showdown at KL, that battle, and the wrap up as the three final episodes.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

i thought Jons dragon died.

Well, that evens things up a bit more. Makes the NK's death even more lame honestly.

His entire thousand year quest culminated in him scoring a melee kill on Theon before getting 1 shotted by a stealth rogue assassin in the godswood. So, he took out a lot of unsullied, the Dothraki, House Mormont, Edd, 3 eyed Raven, Theon and a dragon.

Lol.

Are you really surprised? Stealth rogues are fucking OP in PVP combat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users