GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Today a movie like The Two Towers would cost $200million to film, and people cannot appreciate what a episode of TV just gave us for 10% of that?

It’s not a perfect episode , especially the plot for a show that has often been ruthless, but goddamn that was 80 minutes of incredible visual and aural story telling.
The vast majority of normies loved this shit(minus the dark picture issues). FOH is like an alternate reality where everyone has insane standards for even the most mundane of things. It's why I love this place, but you have to take that into account when reading the opinions here on pretty much any topic.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

Saw this vid pop up on my youtubes. Thought it was an interesting theory.
Short version, Cercei has made ALOT of comments on, "I'll die first". Theres imagery of multiple "jumping out windows" suicides. Shes not over Tommen's death yet. She almost mercy killed tommen back in the Battle of blackwater. So, Cercei will suicide when all is lost.

Which makes me think. little brother strangling. No one seems to considering a hanging. I'm on board with that. my prediction is Cercei hangs.
50/50 she does it herself, and 20/% chance some kind of metaphor involving a statue of Tommen or some shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I streamed it on a TCL Roku 4k HDR set with the native HBO Go app. I had no issues with visibility or clarity and my set is calibrated correctly at eye level.

I absolutely believe that most people watch TV on a washed out, out of the box Best Buy configured flat screen that they've mounted over their fireplace that's positioned too high. People think that watching something at a 30 degree angle in a brightly lit room is optimal, it's not. Fuck those guys.

I'll agree that it was pretty dark, but this is a completely subjective argument. If the cinematographer, color corrector, and editor say it was to their specifications, then they wanted it that way. Plain and simple. If you had issues with the viewing, it's going to come down to QAM/stream compression, lack of calibration, ambient room luminosity, and viewing angle. Or maybe you're fucking old and getting blind.

Edit: Only true test will be with BD source, but we have to wait for that.
Forget the TV calibrations. Look at some of the pics comparing the stock images with the post-processed ones and tell me the post-processed ones aren't better.

Goatface

only way i think Cercei would suicide is taking KL with her.

how long as it been after the roasting the Lansiter army? few months?
she should have a few dozen scorpions by now.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
she should have a few dozen scorpions by now.

Don't believe I'm arguing this. The whole reason the first scorpion came close to working because it was a surprise. It is easy, or should be, to simply target them and destroy then before they even come into play.

Also why is everyone over looking the odious fact HAVE THE NIGHT KING SLAYER ASSISINATE CERCI!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Don't believe I'm arguing this. The whole reason the first scorpion came close to working because it was a surprise. It is easy, or should be, to simply target them and destroy then before they even come into play.

Also why is everyone over looking the odious fact HAVE THE NIGHT KING SLAYER ASSISINATE CERCI!
nobody is overlooking it. The last time it came up I said that Arya shoudl give it her best shot and then get this from the mountain

EqualBlissfulAmericancreamdraft-small.gif

It'd be the perfect setup for

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Still trying to to figure out what the plan is for the last three episodes. Yeah, Cersei has a bigger army, but with 2 dragons they could technically just camp outside of King's Landing and roast anything coming in/out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cersei also has the giant ballista that has killed a dragon

Ok Ok send Arya in to kill Cerci destroy all the giant ballista's. Problem solved.

Goatface

don't remember if Qyburn said it on the show or not, but at least 1 dragon was killed with scorpion in the past

spronk

FPS noob
THEY ARE BALLISTAS NOT SCORPIONS, SCORPIONS ARE LIGHTWEIGHT ARTILLERY YOU FUCKS I'M AN EXPERT IN MEDIEVAL WARFARE THANKS TO 40 YEARS OF RENAISSANCE FAIR AND YOU ARE ALL TRIGGERING Me

am i doing it right, ser Noodleface Noodleface

• 4Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Here is a brightened and slowed version of the dragon dogfight. It's sort of pretty.

wow, i wish they had shown that in the episode.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Still trying to to figure out what the plan is for the last three episodes. Yeah, Cersei has a bigger army, but with 2 dragons they could technically just camp outside of King's Landing and roast anything coming in/out.

pirate doofus or golden company kill one dragon
dany loses her mind
jamie says fuck this team, goes to save cersei from dany's wrath
dany torches KL with remaining dragon
cleganebowl during KL massacre, both bros die
cersei and jamie imprisoned
tyrion frees jamie
jamie kills pirate doofus on way out, but is mortally wounded
cersei suicides in grief
dany wants tyrion executed
dany killed by jon
jon into exile
sansa puts on a cape with written on its back "I don't really care, do you?"
empty throne w/ don't stop believin' playing

epilogue

bronn on beach building a boat and salladhor saan walks up
bran goes and dies underneath a tree
arya kills robin arryn
thoroughly debauched tormund and brienne sex scene fade to black

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

THEY ARE BALLISTAS NOT SCORPIONS, SCORPIONS ARE LIGHTWEIGHT ARTILLERY YOU FUCKS I'M AN EXPERT IN MEDIEVAL WARFARE THANKS TO 40 YEARS OF RENAISSANCE FAIR AND YOU ARE ALL TRIGGERING Me

am i doing it right, ser Noodleface Noodleface

I THOUGHT THEY ARE CONSIDERED SCORPIONS IF THEY CAN ONLY FIRE ARROWS/SPEARS WHILE A BALLISTAS CAN FIRE SPEARS OR SHOT

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
i didn't have issues w/ "too dark" but the dragon fight scenes, maybe i'm getting too old, but did anyone want to vomit watching it? like those super fast cuts and crappy action almost cause nausea.

Usually the only thing that fucks me up is FPS, towards the 30m mark theres like bile in my throat and i feel queesy as shit, but i never had issue w/ shakycam action (the worst kind) before until the shaky dragon fights.

i couldn't even tell what was happening, i think there was some talons and biting involved.

You're getting old. Just wait until slowly spinning in your desk chair to retrieve something out of a drawer requires a full minute of recovery to settle your stomach.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The only part of episode 3 I really liked was the ~60 seconds of watching the Dothraki's flaming swords being extinguished. They did a good job of building dread with that portion...and I'm sure it was easy on the budget.

The night king is a complete swaggering cheese dick, though. I can't find a gif of that little nod thing he did with Bran right before he got ganked, but this was on par
Image result for the long night gif