GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
how the fuck did so many of the dothraki army survive the battle of winterfell?

Different directors/writers not communicating on the episodes. So the writer/director of Ep 4 knows he is working with a depleted force that is still large enough to pose a credible threat to Cersei, but the writer/director for Ep 3 makes it look like a full on massacre where they pretty much died to the last man. There shouldn't be any unsullied or northerners left either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Different directors/writers not communicating on the episodes. So the writer/director of Ep 4 knows he is working with a depleted force that is still large enough to pose a credible threat to Cersei, but the writer/director for Ep 3 makes it look like a full on massacre where they pretty much died to the last man. There shouldn't be any unsullied or northerners left either.
Dont blame Nutter and Sapochnik for those kinds of fuck ups. That's all DnD and the others in the writers room. Imo, David Nutter is one of the only reasons GoT isn't worse

• 3Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think its a good exercise to compare this show to some other great shows of all time, because, it fucking should be, and be held accountable as to how bad it truly has become. The Wire, which was an HBO show, ran by David Simon, also had multiple characters and story arcs, but they were all organically ended/resolved in a way that allowed the show to end in a somewhat shocking, but ultimately satisfying way.

The bad guy basically won, and yet somehow they managed to make you feel Ok with it. It was a masterful stroke of writing over the course of several seasons that alloed the show to be wrapped up in a tangible way. Thats the real problem with shit writing, its like quicksand, once you get in it, your stuck, and if you dont get out fast, your fucked because you just sink further and further trying to get out of shit you already fucked up.

The minute they killed Ser Barristan in a hallway by randoms in Essos I had a very ominous feeling about the future prospects of the show. I feel like thats when they started to become misguided in the way they handled key characters and started this pattern of head scratching events. The Dorne shit, and all the other garbage that has been railed on over the years created a situation where there was really no way out for them. You cant just suddenly fix bad writing with a couple good episodes/resolutions. It sucks because I had hope that maybe there would be some interesting dynamics this season that would be able to wrap everything up in a satisfying way, but ......this...is not even close to even mediocre, its flat out terrible.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There was no dilemma of character in that scene. The ENTIRE army save a handful of people immediately went into pillage and murder mode. The show has been filled with armies at war for many, many seasons and the only other army present in that scene that acted that way was The Dothraki, which is why them going nuts isn't jarring, but everyone else just flipping that switch and going all in is.

I'm sure there were plenty of other rapists and murderers in each of the armies and then there probably would have even been others who just followed and joined in because they didn't know how to handle what the fuck was going on. But not every single person in each of the other outfits would instantly lose any and all conscience about killing women and children.
Uh, you saw the Blackwater Bay episode? In it they very, very clearly spelled out that rape and murder is the natural course of events when a city is captured. That's the entire theme of that episode. And that was Stannis' army, pretty much the definition of a 'lawful neutral' leader.

The point is that war is hell no matter how noble the leaders pretend the cause is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That was Stannis Baratheon's army, under his command. You can justify what happened on screen however you want. The point is it came out of nowhere.

And Stannis' never seemed "lawful neutral" to me. He had a witch burn his own daughter... He was out of his mind and had only one singular goal. Take the throne no matter the cost.

• 3Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yes, rape and murder is part of war. It usually happens AFTER the city is taken, not in the middle of fucking fighting the opposing army.

No soldier will drop their pants and start raping while the opposing force is still fighting.

• 3Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yes, rape and murder is part of war. It usually happens AFTER the city is taken, not in the middle of fucking fighting the opposing army.

No soldier will drop their pants and start raping while the opposing force is still fighting.
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, they had to edit out the scene where they stated it was No-Nut-November and everyone was really backed up and hadn't jerked off for weeks. It would have made more sense if only we had more time this season!

• 8Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think its a good exercise to compare this show to some other great shows of all time, because, it fucking should be, and be held accountable as to how bad it truly has become. The Wire, which was an HBO show, ran by David Simon, also had multiple characters and story arcs, but they were all organically ended/resolved in a way that allowed the show to end in a somewhat shocking, but ultimately satisfying way.

The bad guy basically won, and yet somehow they managed to make you feel Ok with it. It was a masterful stroke of writing over the course of several seasons that alloed the show to be wrapped up in a tangible way. Thats the real problem with shit writing, its like quicksand, once you get in it, your stuck, and if you dont get out fast, your fucked because you just sink further and further trying to get out of shit you already fucked up.

The minute they killed Ser Barristan in a hallway by randoms in Essos I had a very ominous feeling about the future prospects of the show. I feel like thats when they started to become misguided in the way they handled key characters and started this pattern of head scratching events. The Dorne shit, and all the other garbage that has been railed on over the years created a situation where there was really no way out for them. You cant just suddenly fix bad writing with a couple good episodes/resolutions. It sucks because I had hope that maybe there would be some interesting dynamics this season that would be able to wrap everything up in a satisfying way, but ......this...is not even close to even mediocre, its flat out terrible.

Dany kind of forgot about the iron fleet, and Bran likes the design of his chair. This is what passes for writing these days.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Do you really not understand the function of that very quick comment?
It's a huge coincidence that two 10 year franchises are reaching their finale within the same month (GoT / Avengers), and it's also a coincidence that both have these multi-dimensional / multi-timeline inspection characters (Bran and Dr. Strange).

More than most parallels between the franchises, the comparison between Bran and Dr. Strange is especially biting. Dr. Strange is shown to surgically guide events in abstruse ways that are shown to work out great in the end in a huge finale that is an emotional high for the viewer while still maintaining congruency within the show's lore.

Bran is shown to do fuck all, say fuck all, generally be boring, worthless and also triggers the greatest holocaust in Westeros without any warning of its coming. Before this season he was also built up to be the key to unlocking understanding of the show's deeper lore and fantasy, but that was never realized. Instead we get a comment about his fucking chair.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
can't wait to see a high production value version of the iron throne wheelchair 😐

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's a huge coincidence that two 10 year franchises are reaching their finale within the same month (GoT / Avengers), and it's also a coincidence that both have these multi-dimensional / multi-timeline inspection characters (Bran and Dr. Strange).

More than most parallels between the franchises, the comparison between Bran and Dr. Strange is especially biting. Dr. Strange is shown to surgically guide events in abstruse ways that are shown to work out great in the end in a huge finale that is an emotional high for the viewer while still maintaining congruency within the show's lore.

Bran is shown to do fuck all, say fuck all, generally be boring, worthless and also triggers the greatest holocaust in Westeros without any warning of its coming. Before this season he was also built up to be the key to unlocking understanding of the show's deeper lore and fantasy, but that was never realized. Instead we get a comment about his fucking chair.

You lost me at abstruse?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You lost me at abstruse?
When Infinity Wars came out everyone was like, "wtf why didn't Dr. Strange use the time stone to defeat Thanos" and throughout Endgame Stark was pretty livid about how Dr. Strange just gave it up, while Prof. Hulk also questioned it and the Ancient One was surprised by decided if Strange thought it was the right choice he must've had a good reason and she didn't want to buck the timeline.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
xaegp8lkjey21.jpg

Bloodmoon is the prequel to GoT, not sure what the release date is. D&D have no creative input on it, but I can't imagine its gonna be easy for HBO to walk that line of "This is more Game of Thrones! But it has nothing to do with the people who brought you the last season of GoT!" lol

• 1Barf

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
That was Stannis Baratheon's army, under his command. You can justify what happened on screen however you want. The point is it came out of nowhere.

And Stannis' never seemed "lawful neutral" to me. He had a witch burn his own daughter... He was out of his mind and had only one singular goal. Take the throne no matter the cost.
hey dood, at this point the lord of light is like the only god worth a damn, if the lord of lights milfy avatar told me to burn my half reptilian daughter as a sacrifice, after my demon shadowspawn (whatever happened to that thing anyway?) killed my own brother, eh.

• 1Garbage

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
xaegp8lkjey21.jpg

Bloodmoon is the prequel to GoT, not sure what the release date is. D&D have no creative input on it, but I can't imagine its gonna be easy for HBO to walk that line of "This is more Game of Thrones! But it has nothing to do with the people who brought you the last season of GoT!" lol

5000 years before GOT? So it takes place in a cave, with people who can barely speak, living with other bizarre species of humans, no iron weapons, and probably unable to even make fire. (I'm sure some faggot will tell me exactly when cavemen invented fire)