7pwbza9cx5y21.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
what are his other choices for pussy?

He was always going to take the black again at the end.

They just forgot to leave a good reason in the plot for him to have to do it, because they did everything out of order.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The thing people have to realize about this show is that the plot was never what was good, at least not after season 3. It's all been going pretty much predictably ever since. What made the show good was all the witty dialog and interplay between the characters, and now they're rushing so fast that they don't have time for that stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Was there a major genre show that ever ended well?

Hmm.

DS9? Can't think of many others.
I rewatched DS9's ending recently, it has not aged well. I mean, it's certainly not bad, and in context of other shows that have told good stories along the way, it's pretty good. But by itself, the two parter ending was not up to snuff.

Breaking Bad. The last few episodes were a bit rushed, the Aryans were mishandled(become too important too fast), and some of Hank's action were uncharacteristic. But still ended quite well.

The Wire. No caveats here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think Breaking Bad and The Wire had great endings as did Justified but I don't know if those count as "genre shows" or not. 6 Feet Under actually had a great ending as I recall but you had to get through a lot of shit to get to it. The ending of Rome was pretty good, although it left me wanting more.

I don't know if anything can displace "moved to Oregon and became a logger" as the worst ending ever though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I rewatched DS9's ending recently, it has not aged well. I mean, it's certainly not bad, and in context of other shows that have told good stories along the way, it's pretty good. But by itself, the two parter ending was not up to snuff.

It's my favorite Star Trek series but it's always rubbed me the wrong way that in the second part they waste a bunch of time on a montage. All Good Things, the final episode of TNG, is an A+ 10/10 finale.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The thing people have to realize about this show is that the plot was never what was good, at least not after season 3. It's all been going pretty much predictably ever since. What made the show good was all the witty dialog and interplay between the characters, and now they're rushing so fast that they don't have time for that stuff.
yes. I stopped giving shit after season 4. I Would always wait until season finale and just binge watch...just so I can skip shit..

Now here we are...after 10 years...
meh

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
With the news today that Benioff & Weiss' are in fact the guys doing the nexts Star Wars', pretty obvious why they put an end to the show.

What's sad is given the state of Star Wars, and Pre-Season 6 GOT--there was a real possibility of GoT having more of a lasting cultural impact than Star Wars in the future. They burned down a chance to be on the ground floor of the "new star wars" so they could hop on the carcass of the old.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
HAHHAHAHAHAH Did they really get hired by Disney after building their resume re-writing someone else's work. I wonder if the Mouse House wants to back out now that they see what they are really buying.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
What's sad is given the state of Star Wars, and Pre-Season 6 GOT--there was a real possibility of GoT having more of a lasting cultural impact than Star Wars in the future. They burned down a chance to be on the ground floor of the "new star wars" so they could hop on the carcass of the old.
This is probably going to get me laughed at on this particular forum, but I happen to think Star Wars is a good fit for DnD. Like I said earlier they are great at adapting other peoples macro stories into a viewing format. The caveat of course is you need to make sure someone else is there for them to listen to, or at least keep them on track for a fulfilling narrative conclusion.

I have and always will defend Lucas for his "Big Ideas". You just have to keep him away from the directors chair, any type of camera and an editing booth.

You give Lucas some crayons and a big piece of paper in a solitary room and then have DnD shoot and adapt whatever he draws and you could have gold on your hands. These people just need to know their roles.

• 5Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This is probably going to get me laughed at on this particular forum, but I happen to think Star Wars is a good fit for DnD. Like I said earlier they are great at adapting other peoples macro stories into a viewing format. The caveat of course is you need to make sure someone else is there for them to listen to, or at least keep them on track for a fulfilling narrative conclusion.

I have and always will defend Lucas for his "Big Ideas". You just have to keep him away from the directors chair, any type of camera and an editing booth.

You give Lucas some crayons and a big piece of paper in a solitary room and then have DnD shoot and adapt whatever he draws and you could have gold on your hands. These people just need to know their roles.
I wouldn't disagree with that, although Lucas is also guilty of getting high on his own supply. The thing that is going to haunt D&D is that I and many others won't forget the sting of this travesty for a long time, though, and the funk of this will follow them for the rest of their careers. Millions are people were super-heavily invested in this, and to let this fall apart with 4 episodes to go will probably be for what they are remembered ala Wachowskis. Lucasfilm is getting damaged goods.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
no wonder this shit script writing don't make no sense
Benioff and Weiss write each of their episodes together, with one of them writing the first half of the script and the other the second half. After that they begin with passing the drafts back and forth to make notes and rewrite parts of it

they're fucking playing pattycake w/ the script

these two fuck nuggets wrote eps 3-6, w/ no GRRM outline to guide em, they're just headless chickens

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user