GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Best book I've ever read and I've read thousands. Got it end of my sophomore year of college and it is still with me 30+ years later.

800+ pages but feels like 50. Worth picking up if you are a serious reader. +++

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To be honest, Steinbeck's of Mice and Men is probably the one that sticks with me the most. Maybe not the most complex or "stylishly written", but it resonated with me on multiple levels. Probably because I grew up poor and was raised by my grandparents who lived through the Depression.
Steinbeck is my favorite, Grapes of Wrath is an incredible adventure.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 2Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Eh, she's pretty damn reasonable in the article.

Props to women that show their business when it makes sense, and refuse other instances where writers/producers/directors just want to show titties for the sales bump.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
1624568226778.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Best book I've ever read and I've read thousands. Got it end of my sophomore year of college and it is still with me 30+ years later.

800+ pages but feels like 50. Worth picking up if you are a serious reader. +++
What makes it so good? I can't even find this on Kindle!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
There's a not totally unreasonable chance he finishes the next book, but the chance he finishes the series is much closer to zero than 1.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
What makes it so good? I can't even find this on Kindle!
Book is so old and so obscure to anyone outside of word of mouth, I'm not surprised it's not on Kindle. As for what makes it so good? I couldn't say exactly but this is one of the few books that has left a lasting impression and the only book I've gone out of my way to recommend others read. Grab the paperback if you can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's a not totally unreasonable chance he finishes the next book, but the chance he finishes the series is much closer to zero than 1.
ten years and he hasnt even hinted at finishing this book yet. he only says he's working on it. he also just signed up for a 5 yr contract with HBO writing some woke Game of Thrones prequel. its done , my friend.

Sterling

El Presidente
ten years and he hasnt even hinted at finishing this book yet. he only says he's working on it. he also just signed up for a 5 yr contract with HBO writing some woke Game of Thrones prequel. its done , my friend.
He's put some sample chapters out, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he didn't put out the next book before he croaks. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if he did. It's a tossup. My point was more that he certainly isn't likely to finish the series.