GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ser Barristan can simply say that as one who openly served Robert that it wasn't really his place to show up and immediately start throwing around accusations towards others who may or may not have been serving him in secrecy and that he had been feeling Ser Jorah out to get a sense of where his true loyalties now lie.
Not an accusation , didn't Selmy sit on the counsel when Robert asked Varys about Jorah.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Strong Belwas not being in sucks. I hope they don't cut out Areo Hotah. He's like a beefy Barristan. NOT that I'm gay for him or anything.... he's got his axe-wife, after all.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't really think the culture of the show is honor > all. Only a few characters have followed that, and the show has consistently shat on them for it
This is also true, but there are cultural traditions in the show that are above all, like taking an oath. There is another big cultural tradition that they take seriously that we witnessed, but I can't talk about it or any ramifications because we haven't gotten to the ramifications yet. I haven't read the books, but the wife sometimes points things out.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
http://www.stanford.edu/group/anthro...rones-geology/

Spoilered for size
rrr_img_64427.jpg
rrr_img_64426.jpg
rrr_img_64428.jpg

This is Westeros as it exists in the days of tumult, in the days following the death of King Robert Baratheon, in the shortening days that warn that winter is coming. But this is also the geologic history of Westeros, reaching far deeper through the annals of time than the reign of any of the Seven Kingdoms. We pieced this geologic history together from character observations, town names, official Game of Thrones maps, and the principles of geology learned here on Earth. Using only limited data we were able to reimagine 500 million years of planetary evolution, including volcanoes, continents rising from the oceans, and ice ages (with guest appearance by white walkers and dragons). To explore the history, and to view our maps of the geologic reconstructions, click the numbered icons on the map, or on the links below.

Geologic events occurring XX million years ago (Mya) on Westeros:
(today) The size of the Game of Thrones planet
(25 Mya) The Earth split Westeros from Essos
(30-40 Mya) When Dorne boiled
(40 Mya) Land of ice
(60-80 Mya) The rise of the Black Mountains
(80-100 Mya) As the Moon rose, so did the Lannisters
(300 Mya) Diving the tropical reefs of Winterfell
(450 Mya) The sand ran red
(500 Mya) The first mountains

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, I'm so into knowing all about GoT!! Never read any of the books, but love this thread. Toughest part right now is keeping all the characters straight!! Watching just the TV show, I sometimes forget who Cersei is... like she's the one who was F'ing Jaime, right? Joff's mom? Tywin's daughter? I get that right?

Need a damn family tree with pictures to keep it all straight. The Viper! Why didn't they make reference to him being all poison poison in the show? That would have been much cooler.

Still not entirely sure why he's so mad though. Tyrion should have been like u mad brah?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Man, I'm so into knowing all about GoT!! Never read any of the books, but love this thread. Toughest part right now is keeping all the characters straight!! Watching just the TV show, I sometimes forget who Cersei is... like she's the one who was F'ing Jaime, right? Joff's mom? Tywin's daughter? I get that right?

Need a damn family tree with pictures to keep it all straight. The Viper! Why didn't they make reference to him being all poison poison in the show? That would have been much cooler.

Still not entirely sure why he's so mad though. Tyrion should have been like u mad brah?
Oberyn explained very clearly why he is in KL and why he is so pissed off.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Honor only matters in the eyes of those greater than you. Break an oath to one of them and die. Break an oath to a lesser and fuck them, what are they gonna do?

In the case of the Red Wedding well the Young Wolf broke an oath to someone that would never forgive, only greater in the sense of his willingness to do the unthinkable.

Szlia

I don't really think the culture of the show is honor > all. Only a few characters have followed that, and the show has consistently shat on them for it
'Honor > all' is the facade, not necessarily the reality. Just like the legitimacy of Joffrey as king is important for the facade.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Only like three people knew of the plan to burn KL I thought, and two of them are dead. I guess you don't get a sense of how widely known it was from Jamie's monologue.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Still not entirely sure why he's so mad though.
You might be pretty mad if your sister had been raped and cut in half by a barbarian after watching your neice get stabbed to death and your nephew get his head smashed against a wall.

Now tack on the fact that your anger has been brewing for 17 years.

That's the Red Viper.

If I recall this is actually exactly where Jorah gets outed in the book..and she proceeds to send them both through the shit-filled Meereen sewers as punishment and to help sack the city. The issue with no Arstan Whitebeard is actually better for the show, she can punish him for not telling her about Jorah immediately. In the book he was still undercover or whatever.

Honestly, consider finding time to read the books. Oberyn's a pretty bad ass character, but he's mostly a front for the true gangster in Dorne. To make a long story short, they're really, really fucking mad at Gregor Clegane and the Lannisters for what happened at the end of Robert's Rebellion and the writing for the Martell POV chapters are among my favorite in the entire series.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yes, read the books. As good as the show is, with it's time constraints there's no way that they can convey the full measure of badassery that is the Red Viper of Dorne.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oberyn explained very clearly why he is in KL and why he is so pissed off.
You might be pretty mad if your sister had been raped and cut in half by a barbarian after watching your neice get stabbed to death and your nephew get his head smashed against a wall.

Now tack on the fact that your anger has been brewing for 17 years.

That's the Red Viper.
They did, and I watched it, but it didn't click that fast apparently.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

And I do agree, I want to start reading the books! Thanks!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They did, and I watched it, but it didn't click that fast apparently.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

And I do agree, I want to start reading the books! Thanks!
its all good, just dont check too far into this thread lest ye get everything spoiled.

Yes, read the books. As good as the show is, with it's time constraints there's no way that they can convey the full measure of badassery that is the Red Viper of Dorne.
Exactly. And what's interesting about the Dorne PoV stuff is Doran seems extremely timid to start with (exactly what Arianne accuses him of) but we come to find out he's as convoluted a schemer as any of them. Also can't wait for more Dorne stuff. Arianne's stuff, the Sand Sn

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I got the impression that the story he told to Brienne hasn't been widely publicized either, so maybe not many people knew quite how looney toons the king had gone at that point. I'm sure Robert called him that just to annoy him though.