GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

faille

Molten Core Raider
The flip side is is that the requirements for filming aren't the same as a network show where the same actors have to be filmed in 80% of the scene of each episode for a 20+ episode season. I'd imagine the schedule, while gruelling at time, would still allow them to pursue other projects, which makes it pretty attractive proposition.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm mighty curious whats going to happen with brienne, being in a star wars movie seems like a major commitment. I'm guessing brienne's scenes are only going to be 1 or 2 episodes so they can work around her schedule, but its also quite possible she will die so she can gracefully exit. We are going to get ass deep into book 6 scenes next season, make no mistake about it. already got 2 or 3 huge ones this season.

and this show definitely ends at 6 or 7 seasons, season 4 imo is going to be the peak viewership. it has a huge bandwagon following right now, I bet next year something new and shiny distracts everyone and viewer numbers start dropping slightly. Once that happens the writing is on... the wall.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It might peak next season actually, not decline. This season ends with several key cliffhangers that are pretty much guaranteed to max out anticipation between seasons. Arya's escape and adventures Braavos, Stannis at the wall and Tyrion killing Tywin is going to practically staple new viewers to the show and they'll spend the year in between haranguing everyone they know about the show--which is what HBO wants.

Incidentally, they've officially made casting calls for The Waif (tho she's aged up a bit) so Arya's ninja training is definitely in. They also called for casting Maggy the frog and Trystane Martell, so it looks like Trystane's PoV will be pushed into S5 a bit.

Keep a lookout for Roger Allam's IMDB for season 5 episodes... the next Illyrio scene we see will also have Tyrion rolling out of a barrel.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seen a few people mention Brienne being scarce because of the Star Wars movie. Silly. I doubt she's the star of that and plenty of the GoT cast has been doing movies the whole time, often as the star. She'll be fine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one who would be fine with them recasting any character in the show except Peter Dinklage and maybe Maisie Williams?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No book talk please. If you have a book question ask in the book / spoiler thread, and if you are afraid of spoilers you can PM me your question.

Malcolm_sl

shitlord
Without being too spoilery I would like to ask where abouts the series is with respect to the books. I am not caught up on the books and was wondering if they were showing perspectives in a different order for the show?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The end of the season is going to finish book three. No one knows how comprehensive the coming seasons are, but it's likely that books 4 and 5 will be converged in the show and take another two seasons, putting us at the start of book six (unreleased) by the end of season six. Some characters are already near the end of their book story lines so we'll probably get some book 6 content woven in at points.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some story lines are right in line (or maybe a little ahead), some are far ahead, some are so far ahead they are about to be brand new.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
gotta have this dude playing the Hound, and Charles Dance really made Tywin Lannister his own character. it feels like the role was written with him in mind. also props to the kid playing joffrey, it was exceptional for a kid actor.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
gotta have this dude playing the Hound, and Charles Dance really made Tywin Lannister his own character. it feels like the role was written with him in mind. also props to the kid playing joffrey, it was exceptional for a kid actor.
Yeah if they were to recast the Hound, Tywin or Joeffrey in Season 8 I'd probably stop watc..... Chuk what the fuck are you thinking.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Based on Hodor's character and the fact that the actor is such a goofball DJ I wouldn't be surprised if he does this shit for twinkies and cocaine.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
HBO could always just do a crowd-funding campaign saying, "Look, we want to do this right, and the actor salaries are a major concern." With the amount of retarded shit that gets funded on Kickstarter, I can't imagine HBO would have any trouble getting millions in extra for an additional season.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Based on Hodor's character and the fact that the actor is such a goofball DJ I wouldn't be surprised if he does this shit for twinkies and cocaine.
He has stars tattooed on his face. He's doing this for free.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Something good needs to happen in this show. It is starting to get pretty tiresome how the bad guys always win. It's honestly getting a bit predictable. Beyond Joffrey dying there have been very few "fuck yeah" moments in the show. He takes the Dark Helmet mentality too far.