GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh am I misremembering or in the books when the dragon allegedly toasted that kid, was it hinted that the farmer was bullshitting about it and burnt a dead kid's bones post-mortum to try and get that phat queen $$?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh am I misremembering or in the books when the dragon allegedly toasted that kid, was it hinted that the farmer was bullshitting about it and burnt a dead kid's bones post-mortum to try and get that phat queen $$?
I don't recall that, just the implication that Drogon was basically untameable. Was the old man requesting he go back to being a slave in there?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe the thread is already going to shit and it's only Monday. It's a TV show, get over it with the nerd rage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
5dX3YkV.png

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
People don't mind changes if it makes sense due to the change of medium or it helps the story.

Completely gutting what most people thought were game changing scenes in the book for no real visible reason rustles jimmies.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
He approaches her (in shock, not crying) and says that the black dragon burned whatever he is holding, she backhandedly tells him that he will be paid for whatever livestock was killed, then Barristan says somthing to the effect of "that is no sheep skull, that is human!" Cue shock and horror.

Was the old man requesting he go back to being a slave in there?
I believe in the book it is the slave owners that make this case every day along with the pit fighters asking her to reopen the fighting arena. She relents to all of this when she agrees to marry the slaver prince. I believe they are taking out the fighting pits entirely.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
He approaches her (in shock, not crying) and says that the black dragon burned whatever he is holding, she backhandedly tells him that he will be paid for whatever livestock was killed, then Barristan says somthing to the effect of "that is no sheep skull, that is human!" Cue shock and horror.

I believe in the book it is the slave owners that make this case every day along with the pit fighters asking her to reopen the fighting arena. She relents to all of this when she agrees to marry the slaver prince.I believe they are taking out the fighting pits entirely.
At least for now until they have the scene where she gets on Drogon's back. Probably two seasons away unless that's the season end for Season 5.

koljec_sl

shitlord
I can live with some of the other scenes, but the ending with Tyrion just felt so rushed. He basically goes briefly insane during that sequence with Jaime and then upstairs to the Tower of the Hand in the book, plus you get the sense that he's truly alone once he's shipped off to Bravvos.

In the show, he's still got an ally in Jaime. They (show writers) even made the Shae death look more like self defense instead of rage from seeing her there.
I haven't read the books, but I would agree that the Tyrion sequences leading up to the crate seem rushed.

I don't get the Shae ending unless Tywin planted her to spy on Tyrion as Hand, way back when Bronn procured her at the war camp.

The midget in the crate with air holes seems silly, not isolated, but it is the way Varys likes to ship things =p

koljec_sl

shitlord
That episode was awesome and I have no problem with the adaptation thus far. Book purist's sure are a bunch of whiny faggots. That was the greatest episode of GoT to date. Sorry you are butthurt and just now realizing after 4 seasons that a TV show is not a book and that the many, many, many, many, many changes made already before this episode would also result in changes made to this episode. There will be many more changes. And a lot of them have improved the story. Not all of course, but a lot of them have.
The books are good in the sense that they are full of intricate and fun details, like Arthurian Legend, but they are still badly written. I have no patience for the books, put the first one down after I figured out that Martin writes as poorly as Dan Brown.

The first two seasons of the show easily outshined the books, but the show has been sliding since Tywin's horse shat in the throne room.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think the subtext there is that there's nothing weird about Varys shipping humans (his little birds) around in crates like livestock. That's an untold story all by itself.

Varys ain't right.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't read the books, but I would agree that the Tyrion sequences leading up to the crate seem rushed.

I don't get the Shae ending unless Tywin planted her to spy on Tyrion as Hand, way back when Bronn procured her at the war camp.

The midget in the crate with air holes seems silly, not isolated, but it is the way Varys likes to ship things =p
In the book doesn't Tywin say something like he was sleeping with Shae to teach Tyrion a lesson?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've come to the conclusion that people will defend this show no matter how average it is. The episode wasn't great. The Tywin scene loses impact because there is real context behind it (Tysha) other than Tyrion is pissed that his dad put him on trial. Tyrion and Jaime leave on 'good' terms. Brienne fights the Hound which I would think effectively kills the scene when she goes to that island and sees the Hound shoveling dirt. Magic fireballs in the Bran scene? Since when?

I could give a shit about LSH, I assume that's just coming next season.
Seriously? Some of you book readers are fucking terrible about this show. Stop looking at it as a word for word adaptation. If you look at the show as it stands on its own, it's phenomenal. No one who didn't read the books is sitting there saying, "Man, I can't believe Tyrion killed his father. That makes no sense. What is his motivation, there has to be more there?!" They don't because the show has adequate explanations for damn near everything. It's only because the books average over a thousand pages each that you get so much extra detail.

Now, you can complain and say that this show really deserves to be 12 or more episodes per season so they can hash out more of these storylines and I'd agree. And your post above talking about how the Tyrion stuff felt rushed at the end and I'd agree. But to say that the episode wasn't great because it didn't happen exactly like it did in the book is ridiculous.

I can't wait for them to leave out the Frey pies just to see the fucking nerds lose their god damn minds.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I still thought the episode was awesome (8, 9, and 10 were great). Leaving LSH has made me bitter, especially with the instagram and black screen trolling, so expect to hear me talking about it for the next 10 months while I sulk.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That last scene between Arya and the Hound is the coldest shit I've seen in this show to date. There's been some FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! moments, but that is really the only scene that put my stomach in a knot. She's a real cold blooded badass.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think its kind of showing of our culture, dragon randomly incinerates a 3yr girl- before they where eating livestock - now they are toying with humans, obviously the dragon didn't eat the kid- and people are QQ that she "locked up animals" ? lol... what stinks is she is locking up the two that are obviously behaving and respond to her and listen- she needs to try and train the black one-- what use are wild dragons doing to do her? obviously her kin where able to rid them and control them etc.
While I do agree that it seems dragon lady's story has all but stalled, I do appreciate that things are getting increasingly complicated for her. She was quite naiive to think she could just sit around and rule her kingdom of lollipops and rainbows. Plus, you have the blatant irony of her shackling and locking up 2 of her dragon while all the while preaching freedom and anti-slavery. Hell, one of her titles is "breaker of chains".

Hopefully that storyline picks up pace again next season.

I am kinda bummed we didn't get a glimpse of where Mormont jr headed off too.