spronk

FPS noob
spoiler - prince charles has no dick

Queen Elizabeth visits the set of Game of Thrones - Imgur

FAGhKxt.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, for those that will probably not read the books, don't Wiki dead characters on the show to see what you missed from the books. Seriously, don't.
Also if you have any questions and don't want to be spoiled you can PM me or other readers!

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
^^^ I ain't clicking that spoiler!!!

I will click on Fedor ones without a second thought. But that one = "Hell No!!"

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
In the books that was the case. The Hound was wounded in the Inn fight and slowly deteriorated. Along the way she kept hoping that the fever would take him so she wouldn't have to do it herself.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't think she wants to be a faceless man yet, she still wants to be a water dancer.
I'm not really convinced by that, if you go by the books.. by that point she already kills a guard willingly to escape harrenhal which she follows up with "valar morghulis", her interpretation of that phrase is entirely off of the way the faceless men use it.
The show doesn't really imply her interest in the faceless men so much as it does in the books though prior to her even realizing she's going to Braavos.

As for the hound, she doesn't kill him because she wants him to suffer not because she doesn't have the balls to do it herself.

Show Arya isn't as ruthless as she is in the books, it kind of makes me sad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i thought arya kinda ditched the whole water dancer idea (not the water dancer exercises) when the Hound very bruntly explained why sylvio for all his water dancing didnt matter to a hill of beans when up against a man in full armor and a big fucking sword. when Hound got laid low by Brienne, i think she was already switched over to wanting to become a faceless man.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't think she cares about being a faceless man or a water dancer. She wants to be a killer and take revenge. Whatever helps her do that, fine.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I knew she actually said this in a previous interview before she even started filming in 24, but Michelle Fairey reiterates the contractual/logistical reasons whyLady Stoneheart has been cut from the show. Of course some people just interpretted that as "lolol new actress lolol", but she brings up the best reason: the showrunners only have 10 hours a season and it's best spent on interesting narrative:

You couldn?t have missed the online furor over the lack of Lady Stoneheart in the Thrones finale. Were you surprised by that attention?
I actually haven?t seen any of that. I don?t look that stuff up. I avoid it like the plague. I was totally unaware.

There was a lot of online conversation. I heard third-hand that you were basically told that it?s not likely to ever happen. Is that accurate?
Yeah, the character?s dead. She?s dead.

Do you have a preference at all?do you think Catelyn?s arc should end where it ended, or would you be into the resurrection idea?
You respect the writers? decision. I knew the arc, and that was it. They can?t stick to the books 100 percent. It?s impossible?they only have 10 hours per season. They have got to keep it dramatic and exciting, and extraneous stuff along the way gets lost in order to maintain the quality of brilliant show.
Good riddance.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
I don't think she cares about being a faceless man or a water dancer. She wants to be a killer and take revenge. Whatever helps her do that, fine.
Yeah, after she leaves the hound she wants to get to Jon on the Wall, but no one will take her there. The iron coin is basically desperation and iirc she is pretty surprised it actually worked and how well the ship people treated her afterwards. Once she arrives in Braavos she goes to the house of black and white because she doesn't really have anywhere else to go. She never buys into the faceless man culture while she is there. She only keeps up the act externally because they give her food, shelter, and training to get her revenge.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I knew she actually said this in a previous interview before she even started filming in 24, but Michelle Fairey reiterates the contractual/logistical reasons whyLady Stoneheart has been cut from the show. Of course some people just interpretted that as "lolol new actress lolol", but she brings up the best reason: the showrunners only have 10 hours a season and it's best spent on interesting narrative:

Good riddance.
Yeah I would definitely rather have the episode 2-7 filler content than a little of LSH. Although if I put my tinfoil hat on, saying the character dead could be taken multiple ways.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Why do they keep pretending a major POV book character resurrecting to significantly effect the story is just some side quest? Seems so consistent between the showmakers and her that Lady Stoneheart doesn't matter and no one wants to see it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, after she leaves the hound she wants to get to Jon on the Wall, but no one will take her there. The iron coin is basically desperation and iirc she is pretty surprised it actually worked and how well the ship people treated her afterwards. Once she arrives in Braavos she goes to the house of black and white because she doesn't really have anywhere else to go. She never buys into the faceless man culture while she is there. She only keeps up the act externally because they give her food, shelter, and training to get her revenge.
the tv show is starting to widely diverge from the books in some aspects. my last post was referring to what happened in the show. not the books. in the show, arya watches hound all chilled out and literally grabs a horse and rides right to the one ship going to braavos. the books characters and actions are becoming obsolete in regards to how the show runners feel the direction should be turned to. its pretty sad they throw us a bone with ser pounce, but we cant even get a patchface, strong belwas, lady stoneheart. edric storm, maya stone, greyjoy clan etc no matter how rustled book readers get.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Why would you even want the character in there just for her to basically do nothing that affects the main plot? GRRM should have excised that shit in editing anyway. Its fucking dumb. Just like half the bran chapters.