Gotham

khorum

Murder Apologist
2nd eps was ok... honestly I followed this show pretty closely more because I'm a giant fan of HBO's Rome than I cared about the DC stuff. This is the latest project of Rome's showrunner (Bruno Heller).

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Compared to shows like Agents of Shield / Arrow season 1 / The strain, Gotham is much better all round. Looking forward to seeing where it's going.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got around to watching this. I really like the show's aesthetic. And as I am no purist, I admire reinterpretation of origin stories for the various villains. I am assuming the Orphan girl has to be Selena Kyle?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I got around to watching this. I really like the show's aesthetic. And as I am no purist, I admire reinterpretation of origin stories for the various villains. I am assuming the Orphan girl has to be Selena Kyle?
A few times in last night's episode, they called her Selena", but she would quickly correct them saying "Cat". So yeah, your guess is correct. Oh, and the episode title (as per Wiki) was Selena Kyle.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I liked episode 2 more than 1. They didn't have to worry about introducing a bunch of people and could focus just on the story.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Really liking this so far, Gordon was always worthy of his own story. The kid from the OC does a great job. My only fanboy gripe so far is he should be married to Sarah not Barbara. Would have cool if part of the story was Sarah pregnant with Barbara down the road.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Good episode, Villains of the week, introduced some stuff and still kept things moving. As it should.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If I were to guess, maybe Barbara dies tragically, then he gets with Sarah and he names his daughter after his lost love?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only fanboy gripe so far is he should be married to Sarah not Barbara. Would have cool if part of the story was Sarah pregnant with Barbara down the road.
Why? I thought Jim's first wife was Barbara (who is also the mother of James Jr. and Batgirl) and that Jim cheats on her with Sarah. Though, in The New 52, Sarah has basically ceased to exist as Jim never divorced Barbara, so it's hard to say if she'll ever show up in Gotham.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we also cant fastforward x years for gordon to have a daughter named barbara who one day grows up to become batgirl. instead we get wife barbara who can become a sort of batgirl in present time.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wouldn't it be fun if they change the history enough that Oracle is a girl that Bruce played with while even younger? I hope they don't do that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't watched gotham, you know netflix que. Seems like it could be good, I've never like Gordon, he was always the idiot that let Batman do anything as long as he didn't kill and just dropped off tied up bad guys.

I like their take on him in injustice. (i don't read much DC, cuz DC is really difficult to read, but injustice is cool and just completed)
rrr_img_77262.jpg
rrr_img_77263.jpg
rrr_img_77264.jpg

Lusiphur

Peasant
This has charm. It is still rough around the edges but it certainly has potential.
However, the guy upthread who said it is better than Arrow is smoking crack. It could be, it isn't yet.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This has charm. It is still rough around the edges but it certainly has potential.
However, the guy upthread who said it is better than Arrow is smoking crack. It could be, it isn't yet.
I think it'll depend on how quickly (or slowly) they move the story along in Gotham. The greatest thing about Arrow (season 1 included) is that it's a roller coaster ride with constant "holy shit" moments littered throughout the season. I think it would have been a lot better to gradually introduce all of the Batman villains over the course of the season rather than in the first episode. That way, they could have ended episode 5 with an intro of Poison Ivy, and episode 10 could have had the Riddler showing up, etc.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hope there is some more of them to show off later on in the season. Going the "Dawn of Superman" fast lane like they are, is bound to fail. It'll work just due to how many DC fans there are, but it won't pull in the mass "non comic" appeal that Marvel has done.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Notice that they nerfed Alfred so that Gordon can have more influence over Bruce?

If there was another Joker teaser this week I missed it.