Gotham

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
First episode was the guy doing standup as they stopped by the Fish club thing.

I didn't catch 2nd episode Joker.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Actually, just found a possibility on the intarwebs.

Joker of the week?

Big stupid smiles on the abductors will, of course, make people wonder whether they could be Joker and/or Joker and Harley.

Normally we wouldn't dignify such a stretch, but on this particular show the producers have said that there will be numerous possible Jokers, red herrings, etc., and it seems like not giving these characters a name (as they didn't give a name to the comedian at the club last week) might be indicative that they're teasing him again.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
It was the second kid that Penguin had tied up. When he was trying to ransom him his parents thought it was a joke. I think Penguin even said something like "you must be quite the Joker" or something like that to him after the call.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, but Penguin was talking to the kid's Mother. After the hang up, he told the kid "She didn't believe me. You must be quite the scamp."

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
'Gotham' Finds Its Harvey Dent

Fox's Batman prequel series has booked Masters of Sex actor Nicholas D'Agosto as the city's assistant district attorney, who later becomes the villainous Two-Face, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. D'Agosto will recur in the first season.

Bright, charming and idealistic, Harvey Dent's sole mission is to eradicate the crime and corruption that has poisoned Gotham. He is described as appealing, energetic and full of light and life, even while taking on the worst Gotham has to offer. Though he one day serves as the white knight Gotham desperately needs, Harvey also shows glimpses of who he will become: Two-Face.
Two-Face is probably one of the least outlandish characters to add to the show considering he does have a backstory that would put him in Gordon's path, but I always got the impression that he and Bruce Wayne were supposed to be about the same age. If every pre-villain they're going to add to the show is already going to be an adult, it's going to start feeling like Bruce's parents dying flung him a decade into the future.

But really, if they want to add a character that would make sense to be around in this time period, I'm really surprised there's been no mention of them adding Tommy Elliot to the show. Sure, Hush isn't as well known as Catwoman or Penguin, but at least he's a character who has a history of being around while Bruce is a kid.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
What does it matter if villains are 5-15 years older than bruce? Thats still within his age range.
Duh, it's comics so it can't go off the rails too much.

I'm enjoying the show so far, it's held my interest more then last seasons AOS and it's put together better the first few episodes of Arrow from season one. I gave up on the Mentalist after season two, so fingers crossed but I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never really thought about it, but batman always seemed like he was in his late 20s -mid 30s. joker is what 40+, penguin in his 50s. scarecrow about 40, catwoman perhaps younger like her mid 20s. riddler about batman's age. still its not a dealbreaker

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couldn't go past the pilot. I hate comics too much to relate to any character at all. Also Jada Smith trying to act was as painful as removing toenails with a jackhammer.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the show has a great atmosphere about it. Some of it is a bit campy, but it works in a comic book universe. Jada might be miscast as cut-throat villain, but I think she is doing fine with the material she is given.

My biggest concern is that it is on network TV. Too many rules and conventions for a network series to ever be truly great.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
i never really thought about it, but batman always seemed like he was in his late 20s -mid 30s. joker is what 40+, penguin in his 50s. scarecrow about 40, catwoman perhaps younger like her mid 20s. riddler about batman's age. still its not a dealbreaker
For all the stupid shit you say I have to agree, both that it isn't a dealbreaker and that a lot of his villians seemed older than him, not just Penguin but also the Riddler and most other ones which were more cerebral enemies than all brawn that he'd fight with.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the best way to try and judge some of the ages is from The Dark Knight Returns. We know Bruce Wayne is in his mid 50's. Joker is still around doing crime. Kyle is a used up old hag. Gordon is in his 70's and Two Face is around the same age as Bruce.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Honestly why bother to justify the age difference, this is like an elseworlds DC graphic novel, it shares some stuff from the mythos but it's a whole new take. Folks get too wrapped up in the comic mythos.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The show had a little old lady get liquified for comic relief. I'd say it is sufficiently dark.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
not a bad episode, i would say that alfred is my favorite character so far. decent body count this week. i hope they dont milk this "wayne murder" mystery for the whole season. i was also a little annoyed that penguin isnt even bothering to be concealed. oh and holy shit the dude from Dexter got fat as hell.

-edit
oh and someone please tell jada smith that she isnt Eartha Kitt's Catwoman