Gotham

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maroni is becoming my favorite part. Nigma, Falcone and everyone else besides fish has been pretty good imo

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Be nice for them to make a reference in the show without feeling the need to club the audience over the head with it. I was actually impressed with the a Viper storyline as a subtle precursor to Venom, but then they had to go and directly reference it in a blast of exposition to make sure everyone knew explicitly what was going on.
Venom was a great story. i sincerely hope they dont do it now as bruce is only a wee lad ATM. ok episode, im really sick of fish mooney, i know i say this every week, but they really are giving her a huge chunk of the story.

Homsar

Oooohhhh forgot to mention, Fish mooneys toy was 10x cuter at the end of the episode talking to falcone

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I get why they are spending so much time with Fish Mooney. As a completely original character they have a lot more leeway with respect to how they develop her and her ultimate fate than they do any of the legacy characters. What I don't get is why they even bothered casting Eddie Nygma given that he's shown up in like 3 scenes total and barely in those.

I kinda like that Wayne Enterprises is at the root of much of the evil in Gotham and this is why Thomas and Martha Wayne got murdered. Adds some dimension to Bruce's sense of responsibility to the whole nuthouse. I also like the notion of a collection of middle management being the really corrupt ones. Not sure if they are going that route or not, but given how most Board of Directors are made up of truly clueless people who add some perception of LinkedIN gravitas it would be pretty nifty to have the top being played by the middle.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing I do like is this show is paying attention to what was once batmans real thing which was being a master detective. He is to young to go around in a costume beating people up but he is plenty old enough to hone his mind and actually focus on one part of the batman characters most of the movies totally ignore.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Great, now i cant get the Eartha Kitt correlation out of head when i hear fish mooney speak, this is worse that Herpesgate on Arrow

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw her trying to be eartha kitt as soon as she started purring all her fucking lines. what the fuck is that shit? why didnt somebody tell her to knock that shit off?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This week was written by Ben Edlund AKA the man who created The Tick among other things and is pretty damn good. Moves the story forward and sets up a few things that are sure to have payoff down the way

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They seemed to be making fun of Christian Bale.

Or, well, the "superhero voice" in general.

Homsar

Thought it was another great episode, penguin might as well be the joker with how he seems to just like creating chaos

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i thought it was pretty great too, i feel more comfortable with the focus on gordon and creepy criminals instead of the mooney/marone/falcone angle. its also nice to see Dan Hedaya find work. love that guy since Cheers.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Mr. Szasz was pretty damn cool. Penguin continues to be the best character though.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good god I can't believe they wrote that shit in there. As a leader when the entire room realizes you went insane and do not follow your orders is usually a bad sign. Also, how is that ambassador's spy that crazy good and helpful? It's like he's working overtime and going above and beyond the call of duty as a traitor. Did he just go, welp since I'm doing it anyway I might as well do it well with no hesitation?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Zsasz clearing a full police precinct with intent to do harm to a detective.....followed by a 10 min shoutout inside the building with zero police response isfull on shark jumping.

This shit is just stupid, it's a shame because this show could have been great.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Zsasz clearing a full police precinct with intent to do harm to a detective.....followed by a 10 min shoutout inside the building with zero police response isfull on shark jumping.

This shit is just stupid, it's a shame because this show could have been great.
Eh? It's a comic book show, it's pretty much known that no one is going to cross Falcone in that police station. None of what you said is out of character in the show so far.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Nester is dumb. The entire point of that scene was to show just how corrupt Gotham is, driving home the point that this is how bad Gotham was before Batman showed up (and one of the reasons he developed in the first place). That whole scene was awesome.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There's no goddamn way Gordon would survive 20 years of this. But the show is pretty great, really.

The Master

Bronze Squire
There's no goddamn way Gordon would survive 20 years of this. But the show is pretty great, really.
Maybe Cobblepot's "sniveling power next to the throne" is how he surved it.... Cobblepot likes him, he can offer him some protection? Maybe, at least.