Gotham

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I am liking the development of Harvey's character so far. I would say he's becoming my favorite on the show, except for the fast emergence of "Jim Gordon - Professional Hardass Cop". I'm also hopeful this means Barbara is gone as I agree she's being written as a stupid ass twatwaddle who much be insane in the sack and/or leveraging her money for Jim to keep dealing with her nonsense. Hopefully this is setting up for him meeting his actual wife who will be a woman with a better grip on how to survive as a cop's wife.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I am liking the development of Harvey's character so far. I would say he's becoming my favorite on the show, except for the fast emergence of "Jim Gordon - Professional Hardass Cop". I'm also hopeful this means Barbara is gone as I agree she's being written as a stupid ass twatwaddle who much be insane in the sack and/or leveraging her money for Jim to keep dealing with her nonsense. Hopefully this is setting up for him meeting his actual wife who will be a woman with a better grip on how to survive as a cop's wife.
Yeah, Donal Logue (Harvey) is my favorite part of the show outside of the Penguin. He's just killing it in the role of Harvey and he's doing an amazing job at being both corrupt and somewhat stand-up. I'm not really a fan of the guy playing Gordon. I think it has to do with his facial expressions. He seems to grimace a lot, almost like someone is pinching his leg or something while delivering his lines.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think a Fox suit said, "well fuck, we cant have Batman because he is too young, but lets transform the people around bruce into batman!" "gordon? hes batman now!" "alfred? fuck it, lets make him batman too!"

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I love the condescending asshole they got to play Alfred. He is how I feel Alfred should have been always. Not this Jeeves dude catering to his every whim. This is the man with the Alfred back story of being in the Royal Marines.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love the condescending asshole they got to play Alfred. He is how I feel Alfred should have been always. Not this Jeeves dude catering to his every whim. This is the man with the Alfred back story of being in the Royal Marines.
Agree. I'm all for seeing how Alfred would develop a teenager to become batman. I really enjoy seeing Bruce knowingly question the emotions he's feeling. They make him smart and question every level of something.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
i think a Fox suit said, "well fuck, we cant have Batman because he is too young, but lets transform the people around bruce into batman!" "gordon? hes batman now!" "alfred? fuck it, lets make him batman too!"
Well to be fair alfred kinda is batman or at least a batman.
Batman
noun, plural batmen. (in the British army)
a soldier assigned to an officer as a servant.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was meh. some questions for comic book fans, was harvey dent batshit crazy before he became two-face? because in the animated batman tv series and the live action films, the dude is a level headed guy up until the accident.

and whats Jim's problem with Ed? the guy is always helpful, bullock talks to him decent enough, but gordon ignores him or shits on him.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I liked Barbara in this episode, wished her scene was longer.
smile.png

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
With the way they treat Nigma it almost feels like they're the reason he turns into a super villain. He's a bit creepy, but he seems like a friendly enough guy who is just a bit socially awkward. I find myself feeling less and less sympathy for Gordan as the show goes on, which isn't a good thing since he's the hero.

Also, the lesbian shit with Barbara is just stupid. I don't know (nor do I care) if it is in the comics, but it's just stupid, unnecessary side story time wasted that would be better spent on more Penguin, Falcone, or Bullock.

Edit, another also: why the hell did Bruce submerge himself in the pool in his clothes? I understand wanting to test your limits and develop self discipline, but change into a fucking bathing suit first.

Ganthorn

N00b
that was meh. some questions for comic book fans, was harvey dent batshit crazy before he became two-face? because in the animated batman tv series and the live action films, the dude is a level headed guy up until the accident.

and whats Jim's problem with Ed? the guy is always helpful, bullock talks to him decent enough, but gordon ignores him or shits on him.
I don't know if it is cannon but I felt like it would actually make more sense this way. Instead of him being total normal and then magically snapping he already has the duality of drive to do good but a short fuse when it doesn't go his way. I could almost see the damage to his face in my mind when he snapped like that.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of canon, is it somewhere in the different versions of Batman's childhood that Selena Kyle knew Bruce Wayne and spent time in Wayne Manor when he was a child? It does somewhat give move meaning to their relationship later on.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if it is cannon but I felt like it would actually make more sense this way. Instead of him being total normal and then magically snapping he already has the duality of drive to do good but a short fuse when it doesn't go his way. I could almost see the damage to his face in my mind when he snapped like that.
I felt like they were too aggressive with how they did it though. 2Face is supposed to be basically Batman who eventually got broken down and decided Gotham is beyond saving and had a "Can't beat em / join em" rationale behind it. He decided to use illegal acts to finally bring down the organized crime empires in Gotham since he couldn't do it the legal and just way. The way they showed him on the show he just seems like an irrational person who is willing to kill someone just to get his way.

That is assuming Long Halloween is the "true" origin story of Dent. There are obviously a few others floating out there.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I felt like they were too aggressive with how they did it though. 2Face is supposed to be basically Batman who eventually got broken down and decided Gotham is beyond saving and had a "Can't beat em / join em" rationale behind it. He decided to use illegal acts to finally bring down the organized crime empires in Gotham since he couldn't do it the legal and just way. The way they showed him on the show he just seems like an irrational person who is willing to kill someone just to get his way.
One of my biggest gripes with this show is how they are just introducing Batman's rogue's gallery way too fast and doing very little to develop most of them. Rather than having Dent have a temper and immediately be just as questionable as everyone else, they should've started with him being principled and devoted to the justice system and then slowly pushed him towards becoming less ethical as Gotham's corruption kept beating him down. He should've been the inverse of Gordon.

Speaking of canon, is it somewhere in the different versions of Batman's childhood that Selena Kyle knew Bruce Wayne and spent time in Wayne Manor when he was a child? It does somewhat give move meaning to their relationship later on.
At first, it annoyed me having them cross paths at this age, but this episode changed my mind. I like how she's sort of acting as the opposite of Alfred. Alfred can teach Batman how to fight and have morals, but Selina is more in tune with the streets of Gotham and how to apply those things. While the Bruce storyline feels sort of superfluous and disconnected most of the time, I think they're at least doing a decent job at showing how he eventually develops into Batman.

Caliane

no, think this is the first time they've known each other as kids.

I find it weird. like the Xavier/Mystique thing from the movies.
And kindof like the making Iris being Barry's not-sister in The Flash.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
One of my biggest gripes with this show is how they are just introducing Batman's rogue's gallery way too fast and doing very little to develop most of them. Rather than having Dent have a temper and immediately be just as questionable as everyone else, they should've started with him being principled and devoted to the justice system and then slowly pushed him towards becoming less ethical as Gotham's corruption kept beating him down. He should've been the inverse of Gordon.
Yes that is what I would like to see as well.

Penguin has started out as a scheming pleb, the riddler is currently an obsessed forensics field agent with zero social skills, who is developing a morbid side.

And with two-face they kind of jumped the gun a bit. Personally, I would of liked to see him develop through the season, then maybe at the end something quite bad happens that triggers a not so normal response (like the one he showed in this episode).

All in all I am enjoying this take on the world of Batman.