Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's my issue, on one hand I could play this now and then replay it later, or I could just wait later until all the DLCs are released and I get more stuff to play. Just not sure. At the same time I don't really have anything too specific to play until Dragon's Dogma 2 releases in a month and a half so maybe I'll give it a go.
Felt the same way, but the demo was fun enough for me to grab the release, and now i'll grab the PC version since it'll let me play at 1440.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I felt they could have done better on just 4 skill choices. Like chain the assign button into another synergized skill of the same tree or element. Make it more interesting for sure

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, I have to take back what I said earlier about the game being an easy recommendation. If you actually enjoy FF14 boss fights, you'll probably like this game. If not, you'll find the game to be utter trash, at least in regards to the cinematic boss fights you go through during the Story. The Story itself simply falls apart beginning in Chapter 8 and just gets worse. I'm not a huge fan of jrpgs, so maybe what I'm seeing in this game at the end is very typical. This last boss fight is so so bad in every way you can think of... one shot atks, 10min long expositions during the battle, party chatter, a japanese singer trying his best to be an opera singer, at least 5 phases so far... its just trash, lol. So yea, at the moment I can't rec this at all unless you really like jrpgs and/or ff14 mechanic fights.

Edit: Got past that crappy fight by dumping a bunch of Mastery points into my team, was mostly a dps check I think. The "endgame" so far is solid though. Though I fear there will be roadblocks involving those same fights I disliked, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing some of the endgame stuff this afternoon, and so far the matchmaking has been working really well. I like this game version of the Elder Melder a lot more, plus being able to sort quests via needed materials is pretty nice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Really recommend this game. Lot of polish in the systems and way more depth then I thought the game was going to have with upgrades.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really recommend this game. Lot of polish in the systems and way more depth then I thought the game was going to have with upgrades.
Yea, the endgame character progression/chase is well done, just like MHW, it only really lacks a visual progression to go along with it all.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've been playing this, been a lot of fun so far, the story was very average but the combat was fun enough. Difficulty surprisingly was fairly well done all throughout the story, after the first quest unlock I figured if I did all the side content I'd be overleveled for the story so ignored it all and the story kept up with decent difficulty the whole run until the last boss. Had to upgrade some weapons and do my Fate thingies to do the DPS check on that, was pretty close baseline but just barely off, took like 5mins to fix it though. Also there's a couple of seal stones in the story that are way overleveled for some reason, the first one I ran into I couldn't realistically beat was in the frost area, there's a 48 boss in there even though the area is like 20. Spent like 20mins on it and shaved off like 20% then gave up and figured I'd come back postgame, but it's weird design because most of the others are doable at intended level. Last chapter also had a weird one that I think you have to dispel to be able to kill(has a regen that ticks for 6k every second or something).

Anyway once you finish the story the game really opens up nicely into the Monster Hunter systems and it's cool. Unlocked an additional char to switch it up, but waiting to unlock more until I get further as the level and more importantly the mastery they unlock with is tied to progress.

During the story mostly played Rosetta, pretty fun char although some bosses can really suck since repositionning roses is a pain in the ass if the boss moves a lot, but you do ridiculous damage once you get the boss locked down. I wanted to play Io too but when you play her the bosses tend to target you a ton so it sucked, she's great as a damage dealer though when playing something else since the bosses tend to ignore her so she spams all her big skills. Unlocked Cagliostro now as I heard she was a good support for later anyway and she definitely is pretty neat, can mix ranged attacks during mechanics and such and her buff is suprisingly good uptime.

Also pleansantly surprised with the AI, they seem to use their skills pretty appropriately and do solid damage while dodging most things. Every character has support abilities too so you can set some up for that and others for damage, and the damage ones are surprisingly good(I'm losing MVP to some of my bots on some fights) unlike Monster Hunter where palicos/dogs are mostly just utility(MH Rise has companions but even these aren't as good although they're a lot better).

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ferry and Seigfried are the tits - game is really fantastic. Finally had time to start this today and have a few characters low 20's. How long is the story? Just got to the first "big" city after the ice wolf guy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ferry and Seigfried are the tits - game is really fantastic. Finally had time to start this today and have a few characters low 20's. How long is the story? Just got to the first "big" city after the ice wolf guy.
25hours or so? There's 10 chapters, but the length of the chapters varies quite a bit(5 is 15mins, 6 is like over 2hours if you inspect every nook and cranny trying to find everything like I tend to do). You can rush it if you want though as once you get to postgame you unlock chapter select and can replay the chapters to collect everything with a guide. I took my time cause I enjoy checking every place, although I still have to redo most chapters for like 1 chest or 1 slime and especially for crabs, I'll get to it sometimes later though.

Edit: 5 is longer, I thought 5 was just the 2nd city but it's the ice place I got my chapters mixed up, still 6 is probably the longest cause the dungeon area is super big+new city at the start.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PC performance has been really good, only 1 crash since I started.

If anyone is having issues with aggro, try using the Low Profile Sigil, it helps reduce your aggro generation.

So, there is an called Damascus Ingot which will instantly uncap a weapon up to the next grade. You get one from a Whitewing chest, but apparently they are also an unlisted very rare drop from the Slimepede mission (Maniac diff). I somehow got 3 from one run last night, was amazing.

Fyi, all the perks you can pick by upgrading a characters weapons are universal, so they are active even if you're not using that weapon. Good reason to upgrade them all.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Made it to the 2nd rank up thing after Extreme difficulty. Overall didn't really have to grind much, I had to do a couple of fights for mats for weapon cap upgrades and once I reached the 2nd unlock of quests in Extreme and saw the req was quite high compared to what I had on my char other than my main I grinded for 20mins or so to get some weapons powered up to 125. Turns out there was no rank up super boss thing I expected so overall pretty sure I could have brute forced the bosses without any gear upgrade and saved a bit of time, but no big deal. Now can finally start unlocking every other char since they start with 60-65% mastery learned which saves a bunch of mastery points.

I also run into the standard MH issue, I was upgrading all my gear and then I ran out of money even though I still had mats. Gonna have to check what's a good way to farm gold and check out a bunch of other chars.

Gonna be farming character specific Sigils too, that's a really cool thing as it adds a bunch of nice things to each chars.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made it to the 2nd rank up thing after Extreme difficulty. Overall didn't really have to grind much, I had to do a couple of fights for mats for weapon cap upgrades and once I reached the 2nd unlock of quests in Extreme and saw the req was quite high compared to what I had on my char other than my main I grinded for 20mins or so to get some weapons powered up to 125. Turns out there was no rank up super boss thing I expected so overall pretty sure I could have brute forced the bosses without any gear upgrade and saved a bit of time, but no big deal. Now can finally start unlocking every other char since they start with 60-65% mastery learned which saves a bunch of mastery points.

I also run into the standard MH issue, I was upgrading all my gear and then I ran out of money even though I still had mats. Gonna have to check what's a good way to farm gold and check out a bunch of other chars.

Gonna be farming character specific Sigils too, that's a really cool thing as it adds a bunch of nice things to each chars.
If your in Maniac diff, look for the Slimepede mission. Its the best XP/Gold/Mastery farm there is.

Maniac Gallanza was first mission failure I've had in co-op, he is so juiced up. Not really looking forward to Margielle at all.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About Sigils. This game has an odd feature known as Damage Cap, and every skill on each character has its own cap. In order to get past that, you will need to get all the +Cap Mastery nodes, then get an Ascension weapon (you can forge one at the end of Very Hard or Extreme) to 150+99, and then get four Dmg Cap IV or V Sigils. Having all that seems to get your character at max dmg. So the "default" meta builds seem to be 2 Character Sigils (if they are good), 4 of the Dmg Cap sigils, then 6 sigils that help your playstyle.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The mission to get into Proud difficulty..jfc. I did it, but it was ugly and took a few tries.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game just came out I know, but I’d pay good money for an Iceborne-esque DLC. Story was fun and wish there was a bit more.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I seem to be hard locked from progressing past Maniac diff. My dmg is capped atm since I only have two of those Dmg Cap sigils (both IV). Every group I get for Vera fails at the first dps check, nothing I can do to raise my own dmg without more Dmg Cap sigils sadly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game just came out I know, but I’d pay good money for an Iceborne-esque DLC. Story was fun and wish there was a bit more.
Just some basic stuff coming out in March/April/May, I hope they have plans on releasing more Islands.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If your in Maniac diff, look for the Slimepede mission. Its the best XP/Gold/Mastery farm there is.

Maniac Gallanza was first mission failure I've had in co-op, he is so juiced up. Not really looking forward to Margielle at all.
Yeah wasn't sure how annoying it'd be since I was somewhat undergeared for maniac but works fine, can't get S++ or anything but can get about 50 slimes and that's plenty of money and xp.

Also checking youtube I found out you can activate autoplay(up to extreme only) which means you can go semi afk in some quests, kinda need to pick the right ones because your char won't move from the start but if you're there you can just move them a bit, and some don't require moving(Gallanza in the small arena), so you just setup enough healing that you don't die and just afk for a bit. Supposedly there's an anti afk measure where it turns off auto restart on quest after a few restarts but it's nice when I want to eat or do something, can just launch some quests and afk for free money/xp

Tried Ferry but wasn't a fan of the summon mechanic, apparently they don't refresh duration when you're full so it's kinda awkward. Also she needs to be at max range for full dmg which is pretty annoying and even having one of the longer range, some trash mobs will still position outside of your range as you start chanelling so you can't get the ghosts up so meh. Less of a problem on bosses but then I had weird issues with my link skills not hitting on her for some reason not sure why(literally 4-5times in a row I couldn't link so never got link time).

Checked Narmaya out in training but seems needlessly complicated for me, I hate especially that you can't buffer the charge move in pink stance right away, you have to wait until she does the spinning 2nd move from stance switching to buffer it, which makes it pretty awkward to play, and it's super easy to drop your flow or have links at the wrong time, I guess it's more for ppl who like to sweat hard for slightly more dmg.

Finally, checked Charlotta and I actually quite like her, she's pretty braindead so I can see myself getting bored of it but I like how she just constantly smash stuff with both the standard dodge to reposition/avoid stuff and her built in block on Triangle and counter skill when you want to be fancier. Seems to do really nice damage on bosses too, and the fact she's short is really nice on some bosses(not so great on flying shit though). Like those Ghost in the Shell robots things, you can literally just sit under them attacking the whole time and only have to dodge the circle aoe and the charge, do ridiculous damage on them cause you don't have to dodge all the flamethrower and guns and what not.

I wanna try Vaseraga, Percival and Lancelot too but later for now farming a bit and then going to start progressing some content, I've cleared every low lvl quests I hadn't done and cleared up the story loot stuff

• 1Like