Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man got the War Elemental sigil...$$$$$. Vane is fun as hell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man got the War Elemental sigil...$$$$$. Vane is fun as hell.
Nice, that one is so good.

I got past Versa this morning, finally. Think I was carried though. Anyway, had 9 Transmarvel rolls and did them...I lucked out for sure, I think. This is my current setup:

rackam.jpg

The Transmarvel rolls got me: Conc Fire V+ w/Atk, Linked Together V+ w/Burn Res, Quick Charge V+ w/Low Profile, Helms Awakening+ (both Rackam sigils), and Imp Guard V+ w/Autorev.

I'll be replacing Supp Dmg with the Dmg Cap V I'll get from a new mission (fire dragon). Anyone happen to know what a Crit hit looks like? On the Training Dummy every hit is displayed like #!!. I know the game displays dmg numbers in various colors, but I'm not sure what an actualy crit hit is displayed as.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Nice, that one is so good.

I got past Versa this morning, finally. Think I was carried though. Anyway, had 9 Transmarvel rolls and did them...I lucked out for sure, I think. This is my current setup:

View attachment 512982

The Transmarvel rolls got me: Conc Fire V+ w/Atk, Linked Together V+ w/Burn Res, Quick Charge V+ w/Low Profile, Helms Awakening+ (both Rackam sigils), and Imp Guard V+ w/Autorev.

I'll be replacing Supp Dmg with the Dmg Cap V I'll get from a new mission (fire dragon). Anyone happen to know what a Crit hit looks like? On the Training Dummy every hit is displayed like #!!. I know the game displays dmg numbers in various colors, but I'm not sure what an actualy crit hit is displayed as.
Think crits are just larger than normal with ele weakness being in red. Man, proud difficulty is kicking my ass. Finally hit a brick wall and trying to figure out wtf to do to get the dmg needed (another DPS check or fail boss).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 3 boss fights in Proud are really crazy, but can be a lot of fun. Currently farming the Ancient Dragon/Quaks trying to get Dmg Cap V's. Noped out of doing the Golem/Quaks though, that one is really messy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Got to the last boss of Maniac, tried it even though I didn't think I'd kill it and got pretty close, surprisingly I passed the damage check but then kept dying and it was taking forever, eventually wiped at around 20% left. Started farming seriously for the first time since I started, gonna get a bunch of damage cap sigils on everyone then it won't be an issue, already more or less doubled my damage by dumping some mastery points and equipping some of the sigils I got from doing a few angra manyu, also working on upgrading all my other chars weaps to 150 since I only had done my main. Ran out of upgrade mats though so need to farm more but I expect a couple of hours total of grinding should be enough.

The damage cap mechanic is VERY weird. It's super easy to damage cap without putting any effort so you NEED to increase it. You can increase it a bunch by maxing the offensive tree but it's largely sigil, getting full damage cap sigils isn't really an option. I've been spending time in the training room to optimize gear and it's pretty sad how few dmg sigils I need to dmg cap, even when 3x dmg cap V and 1x dmg IV I'm capped without any other damage sigil, which makes the old stuff I was running very pointless, don't need crit dmg, stamina, attack, charged attack or anything like that cause I'm already capped, only at 4x dmg cap V am I starting to see some hits under the dmg cap(not all of them). Ended up removing a ton of sigils from my AI chars to maximize utility and dmg cap too, also makes stuff like Cagliostro unique sigil that gives 30% def reduction permanently basically worthless at this point. Also makes stuff like my self buff that goes up to 120% atk completely useless, I do the same dmg with it or without. I hope they look into these especially and give them cap increase too, like my buff gets removed from a single hit but keep stacking as you deal dmg up to 120% so it's a cool mechanic but the fact I'm dmg capped without any buff means it's effectively worthless.

Also want to roll those over mastery bonuses for more cap increase, I'm a bit sad I rolled stupidly OP stats on Rosetta(she got 4x dmg cap increase all at like 6-max stars) instead of my current main, but well I got 16% normal attacks at least.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DMG cap seems to be a legacy mobile system carried over to this version. I see it as their way of giving ppl something to farm for: Terminus weapon(s), Wright stones and MSP.

You can hit lvl65 DMG Cap by having four V's and a fully awakened Ascension weapon (it gives +1 to each Sigil). After that you'll need the stuff I mentioned, and farm for good V+'s.

Edit: Some ppl say that DMG cap allows players to have more diversity in builds vs just going all DMG sigils. I can see that, but it also makes certain sigils 100% necessary.

I think most builds will have a terminus wpn, four DMG caps, supplementary DMG, and war elemental as a base. Then you take defense sigils like guys, autorev, imp dodge/guard, follow by as much CDR as you can.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'll probably move into Maniac after work. Slowly working through the difficulties. One thing I do wish for is more boss mob variety. Bored of fighting the same exact bosses from the campaign plus a few dragon varieties, especially as there are a few boss fights I outright dislike. I know nothing about this universe outside of this game but from what I gather there are a ton of characters, factions, etc to pick from and it's hard to believe this is the level of variety they were able to launch with after 8 years of development.

The saving grace though is the progression system is fun and compelling, the game is excellent looking and well optimized and combat is fantastic, but this could be a 10/10 game with enough support. There needs to be a mechanic for visual progression as well as power progression to keep people playing this (though this not being a live service game, maybe they don't care). Just different colored character models is lame, was hoping the really difficult fights would drop skins etc.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, the lack of MHW visual progression hurts. There will be paid dlc along with the free stuff, so maybe we'll get alternate outfits.

As for mob variety, it doesn't bother me much now as I like fighting most of the bosses, and the new versions of them all have new mechanics to spice things up. Considering where you are, there will be 3 more entirely new bosses to fight. Just know that you'll need to fight all the harder versions of stuff you've already fought to fully Awaken your Ascension wpn... plus you'll need two trophies; kill Angra Mainyu (Maniac) 3 times and kill Bahamut Versa (Proud) 2 times.

Odd thing about when I had to do the Proud Versa fight, when selecting that quest, it showed that I had already cleared it, but I had never fought that version before, but of course fought the Maniac version.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
More human type bosses would have been nice. Something along the style of the Id fights.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Issue I have with the humanoid bosses is you can't fucking tell what they're doing with all the skills effects spam on them. Big ass dragon you can easily see when it's rearing for a breath or a swipe or whatever but when you're fighting the humans you kinda have to guess half the time especially if you're with some chars. I hope they add a transparency setting for other char skills at least.

Game could have used more bosses though, even if they were just recolors. A few of the recolors are literally the same boss so that's not great, but like the ice/fire/earth/wind versions of dragons or crocs and such are at least different enough and I wish they did that on more stuff, as the amount of things you fight is pretty limited.

There's a lot of other qol changes I hope they'll make, like wishlisting whole items and not having to track individual materials and adding them together yourself to figure out how many you need, using multiple sigil transmutations at the same time, removing cutscenes for other chars SSBAs(shit's really annoying when trying to play a class that requires precise timing inputs since it just fucks up with your flow), adding damage cap to every damage buff(especially the self ones) and such.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So finally into maniac and have my lancelot at about 11k power - guess I can start grinding a bit now. From here, is it basically farming sigils and leveling those up? I'm almost capped on my attack mastery.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So finally into maniac and have my lancelot at about 11k power - guess I can start grinding a bit now. From here, is it basically farming sigils and leveling those up? I'm almost capped on my attack mastery.
If the Vizarak Firewyrm(?) is available, farm that once you've cleared out the Maniac quests. You'll get V / V+ (Dmg Cap is on its list), 1 Curio each kill, and weapon leveling materials. Save however many Azurite crystals you may have still, only use them on Dmg Cap V+'s. I hope you've forged the Ascension weapon and have it leveled to 150, if not, do so. Then start the Awakening process for it, once fully awakened it will be your BiS. It also gives a special perk called Sigil Booster, which gives +1 lvl to every Sigil you have equipped. Once you have that weapon fully awakened, start getting all his other weapons to 150 so you can unlock the Mastery perks for them.

As for Mastery, max out both Offense / Defense as you'll get more sigil slots. Make sure to also do all the Fate quests for Lance, as those will give sigils slots and stats.

This is where I'm at now after farming up stuff:
rackcur.jpg

Even with all those Dmg Caps, I'm still capped on dmg, so the only way to do more dmg is getting gear which extends Dmg Cap, like the Terminus weapon or Glass Cannon. Side grades would be stuff that lower cooldowns or procs extra hits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Buy from me and you'll agree! This bread is the bee's knees!

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you scroll up a bit you'll see the discussion but you NEED to get damage cap sigils, 4x V if possible although you can't really farm V before the end of maniac(on Angra Manyu, you'll spend a fair bit of time there). Second thing you can and should probably do is farm the fire bosses, the firewyrm and vulkan bola as damage sigils mostly use fire mats, and you'll need a ton to upgrade your sigils(upgrading dmg cap V to 15 is also high priority, eventually it'll be "wasted" when you get V+ but they only drop from like knicknack transmutes and the last boss so it takes a while to get them and they need to be the right ones too). Can wait for proud farming though.

There's also farming money/mastery points which can be done pretty well in the Slimepede quest(first one in maniac), you'll want mastery points for overmastery(and also for finishing your chars 100% trees, or at least mostly 100% as long as you take all the good stuff) and money well you'll need some for upgrading sigils and weapons. There's also an additional grind once you get to the end of Proud difficulty for the Terminus weapons.

I didn't grind too much in maniac personally, just went and did every quest once, then grinded for like 15-20mins(I got lucky on dmg cap drops though) and then moved on but ymmv.
If the Vizarak Firewyrm(?) is available, farm that once you've cleared out the Maniac quests. You'll get V / V+ (Dmg Cap is on its list), 1 Curio each kill, and weapon leveling materials. Save however many Azurite crystals you may have still, only use them on Dmg Cap V+'s. I hope you've forged the Ascension weapon and have it leveled to 150, if not, do so. Then start the Awakening process for it, once fully awakened it will be your BiS. It also gives a special perk called Sigil Booster, which gives +1 lvl to every Sigil you have equipped. Once you have that weapon fully awakened, start getting all his other weapons to 150 so you can unlock the Mastery perks for them.

As for Mastery, max out both Offense / Defense as you'll get more sigil slots. Make sure to also do all the Fate quests for Lance, as those will give sigils slots and stats.

This is where I'm at now after farming up stuff:

Even with all those Dmg Caps, I'm still capped on dmg, so the only way to do more dmg is getting gear which extends Dmg Cap, like the Terminus weapon or Glass Cannon. Side grades would be stuff that lower cooldowns or procs extra hits.
Can't say for sure since the caps work weirdly but it looks like you'd get more room maxing crit and dropping Charged Attack(doesn't work on skills) and the Attack+(unless the + is a good skill). Helps if you roll crit and normal attack cap on overmastery though which can take a while if you're unlucky.

---

I started grinding the last boss past few days, rotating a few chars I like there, it's not too hard, at first I had issues soloing it on some chars cause my NPCs were worthless(literally 3 of them couldn't kill their own side before I was done with mine) but once I started getting dmg cap V on them it went a lot smoother, and I got Eugen's weapon as a drop too so switched him in and he does ridiculous damage even as AI(also when I play him I ran him a few times it's pretty fun, does ridiculous damage at range). Now I can do it with fairly weak mains to check them out while doing something useful since my NPCs carry me, but I don't like too many chars in the end.

Charlotta is neat but she lacks damage(could really use another dmg skill) although the invuln trivializes a lot of random fights, Eugen is stupid strong but get a bit boring, Vaseraga is fun but feels meh on Bahamut cause the dmg windows are too short and you can't flex the stupid damage as much, hilarious on normal fights where you just pop the mobs for like 5-10% on charge attacks though, Percival is cool, simple but pretty strong and flashy, Lancelot is like Charlotta but way stronger for no real reason, Ferry I tried again in lategame and while I kinda like her playstyle her dmg is atrocious(pretty sure in theory it's ok if you can get max range dmg but the distance check is ridiculously precise, one step too far you're out of range one step too close you lose 30% dmg, shit's dumb).

I want to try Zeta but I need to buy her dalia sigil which feels bad, same for Io can really only play her with the dalia sigil. Siegfried looks like it was designed without Proud damage in mind you can just combo through hits but you just die if you do that on Proud and if you dodge the timings get all fucky so I haven't bothered gearing him.

Overall I mostly rotate Charlotta, Percival and Eugen. Should probably check Rosetta and Cagliostro again now that I have endgame sigils for cooldowns/charge.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you scroll up a bit you'll see the discussion but you NEED to get damage cap sigils, 4x V if possible although you can't really farm V before the end of maniac(on Angra Manyu, you'll spend a fair bit of time there). Second thing you can and should probably do is farm the fire bosses, the firewyrm and vulkan bola as damage sigils mostly use fire mats, and you'll need a ton to upgrade your sigils(upgrading dmg cap V to 15 is also high priority, eventually it'll be "wasted" when you get V+ but they only drop from like knicknack transmutes and the last boss so it takes a while to get them and they need to be the right ones too). Can wait for proud farming though.

There's also farming money/mastery points which can be done pretty well in the Slimepede quest(first one in maniac), you'll want mastery points for overmastery(and also for finishing your chars 100% trees, or at least mostly 100% as long as you take all the good stuff) and money well you'll need some for upgrading sigils and weapons. There's also an additional grind once you get to the end of Proud difficulty for the Terminus weapons.

I didn't grind too much in maniac personally, just went and did every quest once, then grinded for like 15-20mins(I got lucky on dmg cap drops though) and then moved on but ymmv.

Can't say for sure since the caps work weirdly but it looks like you'd get more room maxing crit and dropping Charged Attack(doesn't work on skills) and the Attack+(unless the + is a good skill). Helps if you roll crit and normal attack cap on overmastery though which can take a while if you're unlucky.

---

I started grinding the last boss past few days, rotating a few chars I like there, it's not too hard, at first I had issues soloing it on some chars cause my NPCs were worthless(literally 3 of them couldn't kill their own side before I was done with mine) but once I started getting dmg cap V on them it went a lot smoother, and I got Eugen's weapon as a drop too so switched him in and he does ridiculous damage even as AI(also when I play him I ran him a few times it's pretty fun, does ridiculous damage at range). Now I can do it with fairly weak mains to check them out while doing something useful since my NPCs carry me, but I don't like too many chars in the end.

Charlotta is neat but she lacks damage(could really use another dmg skill) although the invuln trivializes a lot of random fights, Eugen is stupid strong but get a bit boring, Vaseraga is fun but feels meh on Bahamut cause the dmg windows are too short and you can't flex the stupid damage as much, hilarious on normal fights where you just pop the mobs for like 5-10% on charge attacks though, Percival is cool, simple but pretty strong and flashy, Lancelot is like Charlotta but way stronger for no real reason, Ferry I tried again in lategame and while I kinda like her playstyle her dmg is atrocious(pretty sure in theory it's ok if you can get max range dmg but the distance check is ridiculously precise, one step too far you're out of range one step too close you lose 30% dmg, shit's dumb).

I want to try Zeta but I need to buy her dalia sigil which feels bad, same for Io can really only play her with the dalia sigil. Siegfried looks like it was designed without Proud damage in mind you can just combo through hits but you just die if you do that on Proud and if you dodge the timings get all fucky so I haven't bothered gearing him.

Overall I mostly rotate Charlotta, Percival and Eugen. Should probably check Rosetta and Cagliostro again now that I have endgame sigils for cooldowns/charge.
Adding Crit will probably make my dmg more consistent, as it is on Training Dummy, but overall dmg is still hard capped atm. With that setup, on a Score attack trial I get 82m in 60sec's (not absolute perfect play). With adding one more Crit V+, Glass Cannon and a Supp Dmg IV, I max out at 122m in 60s. Removing Glass Cannon and adding in a purely defensive V+ has me at 118m/60s.

This is on Rackam, using Spitfire (dmg skill), Coffin Maker (dmg skill), Double Tap (extra normal bullets) and Wild Gunsmoke (dmg / crit buff). I've started not using his Charge atk in MP since there is a chance it does no dmg at all due to some bug.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Adding Crit will probably make my dmg more consistent, as it is on Training Dummy, but overall dmg is still hard capped atm. With that setup, on a Score attack trial I get 82m in 60sec's (not absolute perfect play). With adding one more Crit V+, Glass Cannon and a Supp Dmg IV, I max out at 122m in 60s. Removing Glass Cannon and adding in a purely defensive V+ has me at 118m/60s.

This is on Rackam, using Spitfire (dmg skill), Coffin Maker (dmg skill), Double Tap (extra normal bullets) and Wild Gunsmoke (dmg / crit buff). I've started not using his Charge atk in MP since there is a chance it does no dmg at all due to some bug.
Right but like, if you cap your dmg without critting, then you don't need Crit V+. If you don't cap damage on your non crits, then you need to get 100%crit before you start adding damage. Going halfway means you waste some of your damage sigils on your crits and waste your crit sigils on your non crits. Ascension/Terminus is usually very easy to hit dmg cap as long as you crit so it's more efficient to get 2-3 crit sigils(2 is enough with overmastery but without 3 is probably needed) and then like a single dmg sigil like stamina or I guess in your case concentrated fire and then you're basically done for dmg.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its unfortunate that save files aren't saved in the cloud, or some way for Cygames to remove cheats from co-op, lol.