Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I'll tell you what I am sick to fucken death of is gaming sites constantly winging about how women are portrayed in the industry and in games. If they were so fucken noble they'd also address racism and prejudice but no they want to jump on the sexism band wagon because they think it will help their image. Girl in a bikini everyone loses their fucken shit these days but if a guy has his shirt of no one gives a fuck. They ask for equality and yet half the time them complaining about something being sexist is actually sexist in itself. /rant over.
If you want the issue of the portrayal and perception of women in the industry to stop being written about, why don't you work towards solving it rather than asking for people to ignore the problem?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
He's not bad, he's just fucking around in the game generally. I'm sure if he was playing it seriously he would be better, but mostly he's just showing off the different vehicles and driving systems and the police response to crime and whatnot. I've had fun watching him just dick around in the game till he gets banned again.

Like right now, he's intentionally driving a plane around on the ground with the radio on.

Makes me laugh I dunno.

Maybe I've studied myself retarded.

added:

Anyway, the point is that he's intentionally avoiding story missions and just fucking around in the game, so it doesn't spoil anything important, but gives you a good idea how the game plays.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So are there any details out there about the online play with friends? I'm really hoping to grief the fuck out of you guys.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If you want the issue of the portrayal and perception of women in the industry to stop being written about, why don't you work towards solving it rather than asking for people to ignore the problem?
Because it's not a problem. It's a fucking video game. Are you going to tell me video game violence also contributes to real life violence? Get outta here.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Why can't we have one industry that doesn't bow down at the altar of politically correct bullshit anymore?

Nerds aka males made the video game industry. Its ours. Fuck off out of it if you don't like big tittied women being blown away by ak 47s in graphic displays of hypersexualized violence.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Meh, you don't have to take out the bit tittied women being blown away by ak-47s. You can leave those in and still include a female main character for girls and women to play if they want to. Femshep was hella popular in the ME series. Saints Row gives them that option also.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The artistic and narrative focus of the game should determine who the antagonists and protagonists are, not attempts to pander to any particular group.

Mass Effect was an RPG, so character creation and support for a broad character type is expected there and should always be delivered as part of the package anyway, imo.

Basically, whats right for one game isn't necessarily for another but just because some game excludes a female main character does not some vast injustice against the universe make.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Forcing a female lead in and pandering to that audience is bullshit nonsense. If it's part of a developer's creative vision to have females in those roles? Sure by all means, that's awesome. I like well done female leads.

It should never, ever be required though. People who think that every single game should have playable characters of every race/sex/sexual orientation/etc are intellectually bankrupt idiots.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The chicks in this game are nothing compared to the usage of American Inventor. It's appalling.
That's pretty disheartening to hear. I don't care if it's thrown out now and then, but constant usage of it is pretty jarring. Is it mostly when playing any specific character or with all three or what?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That's pretty disheartening to hear. I don't care if it's thrown out now and then, but constant usage of it is pretty jarring. Is it mostly when playing any specific character or with all three or what?
I didn't play much but seriously it's out of control when you play Franklin. If I lived alone or in a frat house or something that would be one thing.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
They need to make a censoring option for the language in GTAV if it's really that bad. I don't want to listen to a bunch of swearing. Have a young family at home that doesn't need to hear it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.