Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just don't think it matters.

Its like someone complaining a Quentin Tarantino movie uses the n word and the word fuck a lot.

But what I found ironic was the dude saying he didn't want to play the game with his kids around because of the language, rather than, you know, the rampaging violence and mass slaughter of innocents and law enforcement officers.
I do complain about Quentin Tarantino when he does that. Why? Because it takes no skill or thought to put American Inventor 37 times in a conversation. Zero skill and yet BAM you have sales and controversy from it. It's like putting bacon into a dish when cooking, no skill yet 99% of the male population will think it's the best thing they have eaten.

............. I mean come on

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I tend to try to enjoy my entertainment mediums on the terms they come, rather than on the terms I desire them to be, hence why I'm usually not distressed if something doesn't meet my expectations.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So if someone put a video tape of your mom being raped into your VCR you would sit down and watch it without critiquing it because "meh, someone made it for entertainment, who am I to judge?"

Who is distressed here? I said it's disappointing and there is too much of it. It's distracting from the actual entertainment of the game.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I just don't think it matters.

Its like someone complaining a Quentin Tarantino movie uses the n word and the word fuck a lot. What did you expect from the product you were buying, you know?

But what I found ironic was the dude saying he didn't want to play the game with his kids around because of the language, rather than, you know, the rampaging violence and mass slaughter of innocents and law enforcement officers.
Maybe he has his kids locked in a playpen away from the TV, but wants to use his surround sound?! Guess it's time for them to invest in some headphones.

For me personally; bad voice work, scripts, and dialogue can really tarnish the experience of a game. I don't particularly care to listen to incorrigible youths propagate their systematic destruction of our nation's opulent native tongue.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Definitely not the guy who just jumped to mothers being raped analogies to justify his points of view.
Hey you brought Tarantino into it, this was the logical progression.
biggrin.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Here's my wild hypothetical:

Well, what if rampaging wallabies came into your home, raped your wife and children in front of your eyes, then ate them, then poured gasoline on the house and burned it down while forcing you to watch them cavort in the flaming bloody remains of your wife and children while calling upon the power of Satan to give them eternal life and power, would you be more amenable to the over usage of the n word in your video games?

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Here's my wild hypothetical:

Well, what if rampaging wallabies came into your home, raped your wife and children in front of your eyes, then ate them, then poured gasoline on the house and burned it down while forcing you to watch them cavort in the flaming bloody remains of your wife and children while calling upon the power of Satan to give them eternal life and power, would you be more amenable to the over usage of the n word in your video games?
Sounds good, but if anyone was saying Wakandan that just crosses the line.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If the wallabies shouted American Inventor I would be mildly annoyed with them and would express that in an appropriate area like a forum about wallaby rapists. I expressed an opinion about a video game on a video game forum. Not exactly wild here.

Your analogy sucked. Mine was the logical progression.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You've now typed the n word more times in this thread than it probably appears in the game.

Why so racist a_skeleton_03?

My eyes can only be cleansed with so much bleach per day before we start to get diminishing returns.

Your analogy sucked. Mine was the logical progression.
You've said this twice now. I'm still not getting it. I compared GTA to a Quentin Tarantino movie in terms of what to expect with the product you're purchasing, and somehow that logically leads to you raping my mother on camera.

I'm confused.

Also my mother was morbidly obese, type 2 diabetic with severe genetic heart defects whose been dead for almost two years now, so if you're still planning on raping her...enjoy I guess?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You've now typed the n word more times in this thread than it probably appears in the game.

Why so racist a_skeleton_03?

My eyes can only be cleansed with so much bleach per day before we start to get diminishing returns.
You have not played the game, get back to me when you have.

This entire forum has not said it as often as the games first mission with Franklin.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
He's just making the point that black people in the ghetto say Wakandan to each other....a lot. The game has scenes that take place in the ghetto.....with black people talking to each other.

It's supposed to sound authentic. It's not supposed to sound like white middle class America.

I understand if you are 15 and trying to play this around your parents why it might bother you though. Otherwise this game should have no place around young kids period.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Wakandan =/= the n word in common vernacular, which is what Rockstar are attempting to replicate.

Its just reality, dumb as reality may be.

Wakandan and mutha fucka, used constantly as colloqial terms of endearment in urban communities.

Sean_sl

shitlord
He's just making the point that black people in the ghetto say Wakandan to each other....a lot. The game has scenes that take place in the ghetto.....with black people talking to each other.

It's supposed to sound authentic. It's not supposed to sound like white middle class America.

I understand if you are 15 and trying to play this around your parents why it might bother you though. Otherwise this game should have no place around young kids period.
If what a_skeleton_03's describing is authentic then I'd rather not have authenticity for the sake of my sanity and not having to acknowledge that there are human beings out there that are that fucking stupid.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It is a damn good thing you racists are going to be forced to play this game with Franklin. It is as close as it can be to you white privileged motherfuckers spending a week with a black family.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It is a damn good thing you racists are going to be forced to play this game with Franklin. It is as close as it can be to you white privileged motherfuckers spending a week with a black family.
I snickered.

Status
Not open for further replies.