Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a trophy for spending $200,000,000 and I assume that's pretty close to the total cost of buying all the properties in the game. The golf course alone is $150,000,000.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
ok that looks awesome, the cops and robbers bit sold me that i just read, before i go blow any money one last question has this been announced for xbone? everywhere points to undecided.
It hasn't been announced for shit. Rockstar doesn't feed information to fans because $$$$.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Buying property doesn't open up any significant missions, just random event shit. Also the cost of buying every one is closer to 220 million.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Man, the Epsilon quest line is long and tedious. There really should be some better rewards for some of this shit. Collecting all the sub parts gets you nothing, collecting all the scrap letters gets you nothing. The only big long extra quest thing that gets you anything of note is the Space Ship parts one that gets you a unique car. I guess I'll work on that next.

I'd warn against people doing any of the big collections unless you really want to 100% shit, you just do not get rewarded for them.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, is Wheel Type entirely cosmetic? I put Offroads on my GT-R and it doesn't seem to be doing a lick of difference.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
sean man you play like every fucking game in the world

how do u make time for it all

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
sean man you play like every fucking game in the world

how do u make time for it all
s6w6Egz.gif

Sean_sl

shitlord
The Space Ship car is hilarious. Sadly you cannot add any upgrades to it except for bullet proof tires, so its stats are shit.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I notice a lot of jobs themselves don't pay anything.

Armor car robberies most I have made was about 5k.

Robbing stories is barely worth the effort for the 400 dollars you make.

The first heist was awesome, was expecting more missions like that.

Vorph

The only way to make a really huge amount of money is the stock market, usually by skipping all of Lester's missions (except the hotel one, which is required) until the very end.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The only way to make a really huge amount of money is the stock market, usually by skipping all of Lester's missions (except the hotel one, which is required) until the very end.
Yeah, PSA: If you haven't done Lester's assassinations missions yet, hold off on them until the big score at the end. It's the only easy/fast way to make money at all. Manipulating the stock market outside of that seems finicky as hell.

On the "plus" side, you don't really "need" money and there's no benefit to buying all of the properties. And god, the properties themselves are pretty much worthless and provide dick all benefit to anything and jack shit all for profits. They do not even come close to paying for themselves unless you leave the game on for like weeks. Like, the only point to buying any is for achievements. So the Sub Dock, Airfield, and Taxi place are the only three that do anything and you only have to buy 5 total for achievements.

Btw, the Epsilon quest line (Scientology parody) is some seriously absurdly long and tedious shit. I'm really disappointed with the big side quest lines, most of them don't give you any rewards at all. The only one that does is the Space Ship Parts quest line and that just gets you a shitty car you'd never drive more than once since you can't upgrade it. There's no cool bonuses or anything to any of the other stuff, no "cool" unlocks or anything. I really hope they actually give MP unlocks or something when the Online part goes live, 'cause otherwise that was a whole lot of retarded tedium for no gain at all.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Neat Online stuff those who bought the CE:

The Collector's Edition of GTA V has additional in-game exclusives. In Grand Theft Auto Online, the game's recently revealed multiplayer component, three characters from previous Grand Theft Auto games will be usable as parents in the hereditary creation system (which determines what playable characters look like): GTA IV protagonist Niko Bellic, GTA III protagonist Claude, and Misty, a prostitute encountered in GTA III. [5] The CE also includes an exclusive garage for storing vehicles, as well as the CarbonRS bike and Hotknife hotrod for use in single-player, and the Khamelion electric car in GTA Online.

If you didn't know about the Online character creation part: You basically pick your parents and grandparents and that determines how your character looks, you don't make it yourself. It also determines your background and some other things.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Does anyone else think that the Vehicle Modification System may be broken, btw? Like, on the mod screen there's bars for 4 things:

Top Speed, Breaking, Acceleration, and Traction. Just like those 4 stats listed on that page. However, only Breaking and Acceleration actually go up regardless of what mods you put on a car and you can max out Acceleration on pretty much anything.

Vorph

I definitely noticed that acceleration was trivial to max the bar on, and that the braking bar barely moves even if you buy the best brakes. I'm inclined to agree that top speed is not moddable; I have a fully maxed out Sultan RS and while the acceleration is very good, the top speed feels the same as it did when stock. I don't think suspension mods do anything at all either, besides a cosmetic change to the ride height.

Rockstar needs to work on a vehicle patch badly. Everything about the cars, aside from making the physics more like Saints Row being a massive improvement over GTA IV, is a clusterfuck. At least they've acknowledged that the storage system is broken, but that's just one of the many problems.

I modded michael's car to all hell and now it's gone.. not in impound.. never spawns.
His son stole it when the family moved out, and you're now stuck with that red piece of shit. No idea if you ever get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.