Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What's the end game content like Sean? For those of us not quite there yet.
wink.png
"GTA V is a piece of shit, I beat it in less than 3 days and now I have nothing to do. Online mode isn't even enabled, WHERES THE END GAME SQUA-- ROCKSTAR?"

Anyway, I finally unlocked Trevor... this guy is hilarious, I wasn't amazed by the game by any means but adding him to the cast made it a lot more entertaining haha

Sean_sl

shitlord
The game definitely funnels you into stuff a bit more and locks side-quest progress down quite a bit. There's really no getting around that.

I'm at like 74% complete or something, but no desire to run around and do all the little mini-game bullshit in the main game. I figure if I'm going to throw myself at that kind of crap I might as well wait until the Online part is released, since that's basically all there is to that shit.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'm really hoping they throw heaps of work into GTA online. I hope they treat it like an MMO with A LOT of regular updates. There is just SO much potential there. They'd be crazy not to really invest into the GTA online component.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Found my first "garage queen". Some white car with lamborgini doors that goes faster than greased lightning. Scared to take it on a mission and lose it. Awesome how these random people are telling me how awesome I am as I am driving it around. Having so much fun in this game just driving around.
I really can't believe that Rockstar hasn't done anything about the terrible vehicle system in the series. I mean, sure, a full-on save and spawn any car you want system like in Saints Row probably wouldn't fit here, but there's got to be a middle ground between that and "fuck you if you think you're going to keep any car for more than 10 minutes if you actually drive it." Maybe the impound thing was supposed to be the solution but it doesn't work; maybe 1 of 20 cars I've lost have given me a notice that they were impounded.

Personally, I think that at absolute minimum any car you actually buy from the website should go in the spawn list alongside the Elegy RH8 that they give everyone just for logging into the Social Club.

P.S. Has anyone seen a Sultan RS yet? I've gotten a plain Sultan, but I'm hoping that it's like GTA IV and the good version is out there too. It was by far the best car in GTA IV imo.

Edit: Nevermind. If you put a roll cage on a stock Sultan it turns into a Sultan RS. Which sucks because modding cars is pointless when you just lose them the first time you drive them to a mission.
frown.png

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
They'd be crazy not to really invest into the GTA online component.
yes and no...

they'd certainly make all of us happy by dedicating lots of energy to online, but we've already paid for the product and aren't likely to do so again. what's the upside to Rockstar?

the devs have also said that this iteration of GTA Online comescloseto their vision, but doesn't fully hit the mark.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get it up and running, respond to user feedback for the first 2-3 months with bug fixes and minor content updates, then all but abandon it n the next few months.for their next iteration which will be another 5 years of work.

reasonably, the online content updates will probably come bundled with the expansion DLC that is sure to follow

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
one word: online microtransactions

If people will spend millions of dollars on fucking hats in Team Fortress 2, Rockstar could surely bilk a lot of idiots out of money on purely cosmetic(doesn't effect game balance) items. Or even stuff like letting you buy more garage space with real money(and cars saving correctly to them). I'm all for microtransactions that don't effect gameplay balance at all (see: Path of Exile's entire business model)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I really can't believe that Rockstar hasn't done anything about the terrible vehicle system in the series. I mean, sure, a full-on save and spawn any car you want system like in Saints Row probably wouldn't fit here, but there's got to be a middle ground between that and "fuck you if you think you're going to keep any car for more than 10 minutes if you actually drive it." Maybe the impound thing was supposed to be the solution but it doesn't work; maybe 1 of 20 cars I've lost have given me a notice that they were impounded.

Personally, I think that at absolute minimum any car you actually buy from the website should go in the spawn list alongside the Elegy RH8 that they give everyone just for logging into the Social Club.

P.S. Has anyone seen a Sultan RS yet? I've gotten a plain Sultan, but I'm hoping that it's like GTA IV and the good version is out there too. It was by far the best car in GTA IV imo.

Edit: Nevermind. If you put a roll cage on a stock Sultan it turns into a Sultan RS. Which sucks because modding cars is pointless when you just lose them the first time you drive them to a mission.
frown.png
Realized really early on that its pointless to mod stolen cars - cars you have purchased though are a different story. Spent about $200k modding a 911 for my boy Franklin.

Vorph

Why do you say that? I lost a car and a bike I bought from the website just as easily as ones I stole. Actually, the only cars I've had impounded at all have been ones that I stole. It's a very frustrating system, to say the least.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

frown.png
I always spent gratuitous amounts of time in GTA games looking for specific cars to take to missions. And inevitably half the missions are, "Oh I see you showed up in a porsche. Take my car, yes, that four banger, and talk to this guy. No you leave that porsche there."

Vorph

I always spent gratuitous amounts of time in GTA games looking for specific cars to take to missions. And inevitably half the missions are, "Oh I see you showed up in a porsche. Take my car, yes, that four banger, and talk to this guy. No you leave that porsche there."
Yeah, it's the same way in this one. If the mission brings you back to the starting point, then your car will usually still be there. Otherwise it's just gone. Maybe if you're really lucky it will get impounded but so far the only times I've had a car impounded have been when I switched characters while on foot.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I would fuck up whatever car I was taking, sometimes to the point where it was on fire or blew up just before a mission. So I showed up on foot to many old GTA missions only to find out I had 3 minutes to get somewhere in a car.

It's noon.

And it's the one time no one is on the fucking street no matter how many times you turn.

So you run up the street. No cars.

But now you see cars where you just were.

So you run back.

Mission over. Restart without a car? Or Load?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Car issues were very simple in Vice City once you had the auto dealership. Is there anything similar to that in V?

Vorph

In case anyone else was wondering, you cannot modify the Elegy RH8 and have the mods stick the next time you have to spawn a new one in your garage. I didn't really expect it to work, but it was worth a try.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
It is called grand theft auto for a reason still a fucking car...who cares if you lose it steal another one. There is nothing more gratifying then stealing someone's car and driving over them as an added screw you.

Vorph

Yes, silly me for wanting to use the car mod system they put in the game.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Hopefully they patch in some improvements to that before it gets to PC. Y'all make this game sound like the second coming, but I'm not getting a dated console just to try it.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Really excited about this game and glad to see it turned out so well. Really sad after watching the streams though to see the shit tier console graphics.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone been farming gold medals on the mission replay? I don't know if optional objectives completed carry over or you have to do them all in one run? If they don't carry over i fucking hope they have a decent checkpoint system like AC3 did.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yes, silly me for wanting to use the car mod system they put in the game.
At least their personal cars turn out fairly decent when you fully mod them and it has no problem saving those.

I sure as fuck hope the Online part of this game has a better system for saving car upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.