Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You can do that? It actually affects the price?

I had difficulty landing the plane.
People say that a lot but I've read a lot of counter research to that. I'm going to need to see a video before I believe it, and to have it repeatable because maybe they saw a bump after the carnage but maybe it was just random change too. For me, blowing up Clucking Bell trucks didn't seem to change the stock prices for it or their competitors.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Trevors bail bondsman/bounty hunter quests annoy the shit out of me. I can't tell what the hell area the emails are showing you with their low-rez aerial pictures. I really wanted to play through this without having to look up anything online, but those quests just aren't doable. Hell, I don't need an exact spot pinpointed, but at least give me a huge circular area to search around in.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The cops are absolutely insane in this game sometimes. I was pulling up to an off-road/ATV race start, and I hear sirens. I'm just about to start the race and all of a sudden a cop car come FLYING out of nowhere and just plows right into all of the ATVs and riders, killing a few right off the bat, then the rest all aggro on the cop and beat him to death. I'm just standing there watching this all unfold and as soon as they are done with the cop, they all turn on me, and I didn't do a damn thing. So I had to kill like 5 guys, and now the race is gone. Maybe it'll be back after quitting and re-starting, but the race icon was nowhere on the map for the additional couple hours I played after that incident last night.
When random events happen (generally a blue dot will appear with a red one) it'll clear out specific events locally until you leave the area and come back. Sometimes I've even had to switch characters and back again to get them to re-appear. It sucks, but they're pretty fun when they happen. I had one situation where it looks like they robbed a bank then crashed on the highway and needed help but couldn't goto a hospital. I guess the game had really had the character injured and near death because she died when I pulled away before she fully got into the car. Anyways she's dead and I'm kind of disappointed, but I look back and there is a trail of cash from where I was dragging her beside the car. Cha-ching, 10k.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
People say that a lot but I've read a lot of counter research to that. I'm going to need to see a video before I believe it, and to have it repeatable because maybe they saw a bump after the carnage but maybe it was just random change too. For me, blowing up Clucking Bell trucks didn't seem to change the stock prices for it or their competitors.
I've been spending as much time as I can in the Strip club hoping that it will eventually effect the stock price....

Yeah, that's my excuse.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
has anyone ever tried installing a game onto a flash drive and running it off there? i got the shitty 4 gig xbox last year for christmas and im trying to find a way to play this shit but the dude at best buy said if i wanted to run the game off a usb drive i would need a "high speed" so that it could run the game and a 32gig stick is like 70$ bucks, compared to 20$ for the "normal" speed usb.

so just curious if its bestbuy trying to get money or what, internet is giving me all kinds of answers.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, never buy accessories at Best Buy.

You can get a "high speed" 32GB flash drive on Amazon for like $20. Should be just fine, as most of the in-game streaming comes off of the play disk, so if you install the "install" disk to the flash drive, re-loads might be a little slower, as well as the game initially starting up, but I can't imagine it would cause any problems once you are actually playing.

Also, don't bother paying extra for a USB 3.0 drive, the XBOX USB ports are all 2.0, so you won't benefit from 3.0 at all.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
The cops are absolutely insane in this game sometimes. I was pulling up to an off-road/ATV race start, and I hear sirens. I'm just about to start the race and all of a sudden a cop car come FLYING out of nowhere and just plows right into all of the ATVs and riders, killing a few right off the bat, then the rest all aggro on the cop and beat him to death. I'm just standing there watching this all unfold and as soon as they are done with the cop, they all turn on me, and I didn't do a damn thing. So I had to kill like 5 guys, and now the race is gone. Maybe it'll be back after quitting and re-starting, but the race icon was nowhere on the map for the additional couple hours I played after that incident last night.
I bought a tank last night and the cops couldnt kill me, had 5 stars for 30 minutes and never saw any army coming to the airport (tank stores in the hangar) so I just kept blowing up helicopters and cop cars/suv

I did the strip club thing, took the ho back and banged her. I invested in AUG and blew up a bunch of cars with sticky bombs but didnt increase stock much. Killing FlyUS airplanes while investing in airEmu didnt seem to do too much either. Hmmph.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Landing a plane is a really nerve wrecking experience when you know if you fuck it up you have to do that fucking delivery mission all over again.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
eh im so confused, i just talked to my buddies they all say they havent experienced this pop in issue, they have both saved to their hdd i showed them that link they said thats old, and its been fixed.
I had pop in issues during the intro video but that was the only time.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Plane landing definitely gets much easier over time. Now, picking shit up with the copter later on in the story can be annoying as you have to hover just above the spot.

Beat the game last night, good stuff but I wonder if I chose the right "route".

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That Kotaku guy is just confused I think. Cars you buy go in the garages that you either buy for $30k or get for free for being a R* Social Club member. The bugs are with cars you store in the safehouse garages disappearing for no reason, plus the general annoyance of cars vanishing when driven to a mission. They're supposed to get impounded I guess, but that shit just does not work 90% of the time.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The ATV guys probably aggro'd on you because you witnessed them killing the cop. No witnesses!!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Loaded up my game, Michael was selected, his wife's getting out of his car as he's telling her "Baby, just remember, that's blood money you're spending, my blood money" and she bitched him out and walked off so I got out of the car, and punched that fucking slut right in the ear as hard as I could.

She screamed "YOU'RE NOT A WIFE BEATER" and then the psychiatrist called me to set up an appointment.

GOTYAY

Status
Not open for further replies.