Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elerion

N00b
Can anyone explain to me the social club shit? Extras you get or whatever
You get a car which you can load up in the garage. I haven't bothered since I didn't know if it was a one-off, so don't know how good it is.

You get a Combat SMG (I think) unlocked + all mods for it for free.

You get one free refit of a bunch of parts at LS Customs through the app. I blew mine before I had unlocked a lot of stuff, so it was worth like $25k for me. Could probably be worth $100k if you wait until you unlock everything.

You get a way to make Chop happier and teach him new tricks through a Tamagotchi-like app. No idea what it actually means in-game.

That's what I've noticed.

Sean_sl

shitlord
You get a car which you can load up in the garage. I haven't bothered since I didn't know if it was a one-off, so don't know how good it is.
The car you get is the Elegy RH8 and you can get it an infinite number of times and it is a very good car, basically a Nissan GT-R. You get it by selecting the "Special Vehicles" option when you enter the garages. Unfortunately, it basically spawns a brand new car each time you do it so upgrades don't hold over unless you keep a specific spawn of the car and manage to not lose it. The Elegy RH8 has a stat spread of 8/1.5/8/8 so it's pretty good aside from its breaks.

The Special Vehicles option also gets you the "Hotknife" muscle car which is an old roadster type and the Carbon RS motorcycle if you have the Collector's Edition. Both are fairly nice as well, but like the Elegy RH8 they are a brand new vehicle each time you spawn them. The hotknife rates at 7.5/1.5/7.5/5.5 and is more "cool" than useful. The Carbon RS is 8/5.5/7.5/6.5 and has the best Brake rating in the game and I'd say it's also probably the best bike overall.

Sadly the Khamelion sports car you get for the CE in GTA Online is only 7.5/3/3.5/7.5 which is very much "not good". At least according to IGN's numbers (not sure where they pulled them from, but they seem accurate). 3.5 acceleration is super low and 7.5 on both Top Speed and Handling is fairly average. Though if the upgrade mods are fixed to actually work properly it might turn out decent. At least it looks pretty cool.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
it was bothering the shit out of me earlier in the game trying to figure out who he reminded me of, but the guy voicing Trevor can do an excellent impersonation of Johnny Knoxville.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the info. I've had a social club account since 2010, guess I need to actively go looking for how to get the shit working in game. Yesterday I linked it to my psn accounts and shit so maybe the next time I'll play it'll be smart and do it for me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It should. I had mine linked from playing GTA IV on PS3 and never had to touch anything after I loaded up GTA V. It gave me the garages, Elegy RH8, free SMG, etc. from the very start.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
It should. I had mine linked from playing GTA IV on PS3 and never had to touch anything after I loaded up GTA V. It gave me the garages, Elegy RH8, free SMG, etc. from the very start.
Yea it started working last night. Signed into PSN before I hopped into the game and the rifle was at Ammu-Nation.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone having issues with the Social Club stuff not updating? For example, it has my current money situation and even my kills, but my medals at the shooting range for Michael haven't updated since I golded them two days ago.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
has anyone had success installing/saving a game onto a usb flash drive(regular not high speed.) and then running it from there?

literally every website gives me a different answer, ppl say you need an xbox hard drive, and that even most externals wont work or some bullshit, and the crooks at bestbuy just want me to spend 80$ on some high speed flash drive.

i would test it with the games i got but, i only have a small 4gig usb i am going to try it with a demo though, but i wonder if it may play the demo because its only a demo.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have the install disk installed to my hard drive, and the play disk installed to an OLD 16GB USB flash drive, it has to be about as slow as slow can be, bought it maybe 3 years ago for ease of transporting all my Rock Band/Guitar Hero songs to various friends houses. I bought the cheapest one I could find at microcenter, which back then was like $30, so you know it was pretty shitty quality.

Works just fine. Load times seem slow, but I haven't seen anyone else play the game so I don't have much to compare it to, they just seem slow compared to my normal PC gaming. If I have to restart a mission because I died, it takes maybe 15-20 seconds. Initially starting the game takes a while, maybe 45-60 seconds to load and get up and going. The install took a damn long time, took like half an hour to install the "play" disk to my thumb drive, that's how I know it's slow as hell, but I have an original 1st gen 360, so it can't be any slower than the disk drive.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I have the install disk installed to my hard drive, and the play disk installed to an OLD 16GB USB flash drive, it has to be about as slow as slow can be, bought it maybe 3 years ago for ease of transporting all my Rock Band/Guitar Hero songs to various friends houses. I bought the cheapest one I could find at microcenter, which back then was like $30, so you know it was pretty shitty quality.

Works just fine. Load times seem slow, but I haven't seen anyone else play the game so I don't have much to compare it to, they just seem slow compared to my normal PC gaming. If I have to restart a mission because I died, it takes maybe 15-20 seconds. Initially starting the game takes a while, maybe 45-60 seconds to load and get up and going. The install took a damn long time, took like half an hour to install the "play" disk to my thumb drive, that's how I know it's slow as hell, but I have an original 1st gen 360, so it can't be any slower than the disk drive.
thanks alot joe, i thought rockstar said it wasnt a good idea to install both discs, only the mandatory one, do you experience the pop in problems everyone else has, or is it running fine because its two seperate drives.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
thanks alot joe, i thought rockstar said it wasnt a good idea to install both discs, only the mandatory one, do you experience the pop in problems everyone else has, or is it running fine because its two seperate drives.
I bet he's fine. The problem is only if both discs are installed to the hdd apparently.

I ordered a copy of GTA5 today on Newegg (10% off and no tax). Can't wait to try it out! Was too wary of the pop in issues to try and get the digital version from the PSN.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I bet he's fine. The problem is only if both discs are installed to the hdd apparently.

I ordered a copy of GTA5 today on Newegg (10% off and no tax). Can't wait to try it out! Was too wary of the pop in issues to try and get the digital version from the PSN.
if thats the case, i may buy 2 16g sticks instead of one 32, and put 1 on each that would work the same essentially right? my hdd is only 4gigs
frown.png

do you think there would be any reason the mandatory disc might not work with the usb, im assuming its alot larger than the play disc so not sure if the usb would be fast enough? i dont know much about this.

the dude at best buy said the usb if it wasnt high speed may not be able to read it fast enough or some shit, xbox hard drives are 7200 rpm or something, these usb are 480mbs, not sure how that equals out, but hes just trying to get me to spend the most money.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

FWIW for anyone considering, I bought the PSN version and I have a 7200 RPM drive and have had no pop in issues and I have about 30 hours into the game.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
if thats the case, i may buy 2 16g sticks instead of one 32, and put 1 on each that would work the same essentially right? my hdd is only 4gigs
frown.png

do you think there would be any reason the mandatory disc might not work with the usb, im assuming its alot larger than the play disc so not sure if the usb would be fast enough? i dont know much about this.

the dude at best buy said the usb if it wasnt high speed may not be able to read it fast enough or some shit, xbox hard drives are 7200 rpm or something, these usb are 480mbs, not sure how that equals out, but hes just trying to get me to spend the most money.
Considering they get nothing no matter how much you spend I doubt that was his goal.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
protip: never take technical advice from anyone at Best Buy, even the Geek Squad. You might occasionally luck into someone that knows their stuff, but the odds aren't in your favor. I worked there selling computers one summer in high school and I couldn't believe some of the crazy shit I hear my co-workers tell customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.