Grand Theft Auto V

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I wasn't at work all day with my in-laws coming over for dinner I would most likely be sitting at my gaming "station" slightly annoyed that GTA:O isn't working....while having a blast playing the single player. At least it's not like a real MMO where they fuck shit up and you just sit there with your thumb up your ass.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Because if you stripped it out, the game still would have sold 1 billion dollars on day one, and in fact they did strip it out, and the game in fact did sell 1 billion dollars on day one.
Your facts are wrong and your logic is flawed at its core! Where did you go to school bro? Probably Baddies University.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
"could" is a situational probability. "is" is the reality. GTAO is a feature that's included in $59.99.
Right, and the reality is that they didn't charge us a dime for the online portion of the game. Its all just a bonus.

They're expecting to rake in some big bucks with that cash shop, though, and figure out how to make this work for a real GTA MMO, and that's why everyone should realize that this really is just a preview build for a GTA MMO, and not get all up in arms that there's growing pains.

Your facts are wrong and your logic is flawed at its core! Where did you go to school bro? Probably Baddies University.
If you're considering the University of Kentucky Football team, that assertion wouldn't be too far from truth, honestly.

Goddamn do those bastards suck. In fact, the only thing UKs football team is consistently good at is being terrible.

And I don't even like sports.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
LdF5ClM.jpg

Sean_sl

shitlord
Right, and the reality is that they didn't charge us a dime for the online portion of the game. Its all just a bonus.

They're expecting to rake in some big bucks with that cash shop, though, and figure out how to make this work for a real GTA MMO, and that's why everyone should realize that this really is just a preview build for a GTA MMO, and not get all up in arms that there's growing pains.
They charged us 599.9 dimes.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
On the bright side. If this shutdown lasts long enough our welfare queen won't be getting any more checks.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I just don't get how you can be a online gaming enthusiast and honestly expect an optional online component to work on a game the first day it comes out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sean do me a quick favor.

Divide 1 billion dollars by 60 dollars for me.

Tell me how many people own copies of this game.

I'm getting 16.7 million people.

You don't think that might lead to some issues launching the online multiplayer component?

This is of course just very rough math that doesn't take into consideration people who may have bought multiple copies or the higher priced editions which would lower the over all number but not by a significant enough portion to alter the fact that literally millions of people are all trying to log into a new game at once.

Just relax bro. It'll be alright. You don't need to give yourself a stroke over this.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So are you saying we should be pissed by proxy that Sean can't play the game he bought with our tax dollars? Or that Sean shouldn't care?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Sean do me a quick favor.

Divide 1 billion dollars by 60 dollars for me.

Tell me how many people own copies of this game.

I'm getting 16.7 million people..
Well, you also have to calculate in the ratio of people playing this on a 5400 vs 7200 rpm HDD to get the number of people that should be allowed to play GTA anyway. Probably a lot of bads out there.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Man, my fanclub has really grown from all of this. The obsession some of you have with me is immensely delightful.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
BBC News - Grand Theft Auto Online launch faces server worries

Grand Theft Auto Online launch faces server worries

The creator of Grand Theft Auto has warned there might be teething problems as its online version launches.

Last week Rockstar North admitted it was facing "unanticipated" pressure because sales of GTA 5 had been stronger than expected.

"We are working around the clock to buy and add more servers," its blog said.

But it added that matters could be "more temperamental than such things usually are" because using so many computers introduced their own issues.

In the online version of the 18-rated violent crime game, up to 16 players can interact simultaneously within a virtual environment and create personalised avatars.

It is included free with every copy of the GTA 5 console video game. According to one analyst's figures, more than 15 million units of the title had been sold by early last week.

"At a conservative estimate I would expect about two million players to log on to GTA Online within the first 24 hours," added Keza MacDonald, UK games editor for IGN.com, the video game and entertainment site.

"Rockstar has never done an online game of this scale before, so they are totally unproven in terms of their network infrastructure.

"And even the highly successful World of Warcraft at its peak didn't have as many people playing online at once as GTA is likely to have, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were problems."

Other bestsellers have faced issues after their servers failed to cope with demand.

Owners of Electronic Art's Sim City - which requires players to be logged into its servers to play - experienced waits of up to 30 minutes to get started and then sluggish gameplay when it went on sale in March.

EA later apologised and offered a free title to those affected as compensation. It said more people had logged on than it had expected, adding they then played differently to the way its testers had.

The previous year Activision Blizzard saw its servers for Diablo 3 come under severe pressure after its launch.

The term #error37 trended on Twitter after players were shown the code alongside a message telling them to wait and try logging on later. At one point the firm took its websites offline to reduce demand.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Hey, I've got a fucking backlog of anime to watch from 100%'ing the SP part. That shit doesn't watch itself. I had to prioritize though. It's a hardknock life.