Grand Theft Auto V

spronk

FPS noob
heists have been out and pretty fun. to get started (online) you have to be level 15, own a high end luxury apartment, and go talk to lester to start the missions (intro is 2 player flacca) although you will get spam invites to other peoples sessions. Difficulty is a bit all over the map, while none are insanely hard some of them do auto fail if anyone dies or if someone gets detected or can't lose the cops etc, so its easy to fail completely with randoms.

I haven't played much Payday so dunno how it compares but its pretty fun, easy to jump in play for an hour or two do some random crazy shit and have fun

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Heist have so many issues on xbl, in 3hours last night i was only able to do 1.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So im curious, everytime i do a part of a heist it just kicks me back out to SP mode? I thought this is multi tiered or some shit.

Brad2770

It's issues with the servers right now. It's supposed to drop you to a lobby with the four people you ran the setup or finale with.

spronk

FPS noob
PC trailer, change quality settings from default 480p to 1080p60ps and go fullscreen
Grand Theft Auto V - 60 Frames-Per-Second PC Trailer - YouTube

playing still on PS4, one of my fav games it really is a masterpiece of attention to detail. Be interesting to see how online goes on PC though, I suspect hacking and cheating will get insane.

I wonder if PC version will let you import from console your characters, I'd love to bring over my level 70 dude when I eventually buy it

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'll probably go with a 360 controller. The problem with KB/M and these games is you don't get that analog control for steering cars like you do with a thumbstick.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably go with a 360 controller. The problem with KB/M and these games is you don't get that analog control for steering cars like you do with a thumbstick.
PS4 controller! Though will probably try using the mouse for aim while at the shooting gallery.

I am going to triple dip this game. Got it on PS3, something went wrong with save file around 60% through. Didn't start over, but waited for PS4 version. Started that, and loved the first person, but after having seen the ads for the PC version, I figured I would just wait for that, so never even unlocked Trevor on the PS4. Will be great to finally start playing the definitive version of the game.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah the mouse superiority for aiming vs. joystick for driving is what I need to decide on.

Anyone know the min hardware for max graphics? My pc is 3.5 years old now...

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Thinking about it I'm wondering if I could set up my x52 for driving while keeping the M/KB for the rest. Guess I'll have to check that out in a week.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I would love if someone would make a dayz type MOD for this game with a persistent server.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Got paycheck today.

Pre-ordered.

My first ever triple dip game. Not even going to read reviews or watch the upcoming PC report from TotalBiscuit. Going full cognitive dissonance mode. PC version is best. Best controls, graphics, FPS, everything. Right off the bat. Will not need patches!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm sure you are one of many. They are making so much money off this game it's ridiculous!
That was the plan all along, and in the case of Rockstar milking GTA, I'm actually completely okay with this.

I played it through twice on PS3, skipped it on PS4, but will absolutely play it start to finish again on PC.

Trevor is without a doubt my favorite video game character of all time.

He is the modern Diogenes.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure you are one of many. They are making so much money off this game it's ridiculous!
True. So we know there will be a 6th
smile.png

Btw, pre-load is 62063MB

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That was the plan all along, and in the case of Rockstar milking GTA, I'm actually completely okay with this.

I played it through twice on PS3, skipped it on PS4, but will absolutely play it start to finish again on PC.

Trevor is without a doubt my favorite video game character of all time.

He is the modern Diogenes.
Yeah, my post was in no way a "hurrr they are ripping everyone off". It's pretty clear that people love their games and are willing to buy it several times. I've held out for the PC version, though I was really close to buying the PS4 one.

spronk

FPS noob
GTA5, before PC release, has sold over 45 million copies and has made Rockstar over $3 billion in profit. I doubt the PC version will alter it that much, but still insane.

Exclusive to the PC version is video editing mode which will let you make your own clips with full control of angle etc
GTA 5s PC-exclusive video editor is its killer feature - PC Gamer

director-mode.jpg

clip-edit-mode.jpg

project-timeline.jpg

I just hope they don't use the video mode to try and squash mods. They've already said mods won't be allowed if it impacts online mode, and imo that is going to be a ball buster if their DRM does file integrity checks and stuff and won't allow file changes.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the mouse superiority for aiming vs. joystick for driving is what I need to decide on.
If the gamepad controls still work like they did on PS3 then a mouse isn't going to be superior for aiming. The autoaim is so strong that you just lock on the target and flick the stick up slightly, instant headshot every time. Playing with a mouse and no autoaim would be adding additional challenge to the game.

Pretty much every sandbox game allows you to set a controller in your lap and pick it up when you get into a vehicle, then switch to m/k when on foot/shooting. I doubt GTA V will be any different.