Grand Theft Auto V

Sean_sl

shitlord
Traffic? P2P traffic?

This ain't MMO level shit.

I'm fine waiting, btw. Single player left me 100% satisfied.
I think all of this would make a lot more sense if they had dedicated servers, but the fact that they're running all of this off P2P and the only real connection you do to Rockstar is for Cloud Saving your character makes it all pretty obnoxious.

It really sucks that your shit seems fucked TecKnoe. If my stuff suddenly disappeared like that I would definitely be done with GTAO for good at this point.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I think all of this would make a lot more sense if they had dedicated servers, but the fact that they're running all of this off P2P and the only real connection you do to Rockstar is for Cloud Saving your character makes it all pretty obnoxious.

It really sucks that your shit seems fucked TecKnoe. If my stuff suddenly disappeared like that I would definitely be done with GTAO for good at this point.
Yah my shit is saved up on the cloud its not gone the guys at rockstar said, but they cant assure a restore.
lol
if the problem was 100% fixed i probably wouldent give a shit and just restart fuck i did 3 times already, but i cant lose all that shit again, they also told me if i created it on slot 2 it would save to the xbox and not cloud and i would be ok, i told them i already did that and it got deleted, guy was stunned.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Every online game post-WoW would like to have a word with you.
And most of them pre-WoW as well. 99% of online game launches are a complete clusterfuck for many days, if not weeks or even months. GTA:O is just par for the course so far. Unfortunately they aren't collecting a monthly subscription fee, they already have their money, so there isn't a huge incentive to bust their asses to fix it ASAP.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i havent played every mmo at launch but the ones i did, never had issues of losing characters, completely with no restoration.

some progress yes, but complete wipes not yet.

I started up again because i love raping people in freemode, add me on xbox if anyone wants to do shit, starting fresh. asleepdanzzz.

btw i dont know what R* spends that money on but it aint customer service, while i was on the phone with my agent, i could hear 2 different agents talking to other customers about gta5.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Rockstar Games Social Club - CuT THRoAT CoMMiTTEE

my first character just showed up on the social club could this mean something?
says im lvl 34
Maybe their Cloud Servers were restored to a previous data point or whatever part was storing your character is back online now or something?

I dunno, I can only assume with how wide spread the character disappearing shit is that they went about how they set their character saving in a really retarded way.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Maybe their Cloud Servers were restored to a previous data point or whatever part was storing your character is back online now or something?

I dunno, I can only assume with how wide spread the character disappearing shit is that they went about how they set their character saving in a really retarded way.
does that link show you my lvl and shit? i mean cause clearly right there shouldent they just be able to restore me to lvl 34? fuck ill take 0 stats and just my rank, but its all saved on the social club soo.... it shouldent be that hard id think?

they really have no tech support, i called again to see if my social club showing up means anything, and i got the same fucking guy i got earlier.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Forbin and I are looking for 2 more people to get a couple achievements done. Need some people to do the Rally races one with and maybe something else, can't remember.
I'll be down but it's gonna be around 8pm est I think. Just now leaving my office.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'll be down but it's gonna be around 8pm est I think. Just now leaving my office.
Cool. Er, this on PS3 btw. Forgot to mention that. SeanTSC is my PSN ID if you're on there. Will need one more person as well. The Rally stuff requires 4 players.

We also need to do the 4 player Survival mission stuff.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw the ones we're going for are:

BACKSEAT DRIVER
GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode. (4 people required)

UNNATURAL SELECTION
GTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival. (way easier with 4 people)

NUMERO UNO
GTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types. (Need Rally and Survival)

Forbin and I have been coordinating this stuff in IRC, so if we can get you and another person in there we should be able to sort this out and knock them out pretty quick.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Just saw a PSA message that was up for all of 5 seconds before it went away.

It said if you have an empty character slot back out to Single Player and hit pause and go to the Online menu and try entering from there. Do not make new characters if there are empty slots, etc.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ya thats been posted its ballssssss does not work, they also told me character slot 2 was saved on the xbox and he assured me there was no way it would get deleted, then i told him it already happened.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The second character slot being saved to your system doesn't even make any sense in an online game like this. Maybe the guy is interpreting something really poorly.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i know thats what i told him, i said if it was saved locally id mod my shit like i did diablo 3, so he says, when you load up gta does it ask you what storage youd like to save to, i said no he said see its saving to the hard drive, he then says, every game at start up asks what storage you would like to use, as you would have seen in diablo 3.

well i havent played d3 on console in a few months or whatever but i dont remember it asking me what drive id like to use more so what account id like to use, so yeah he was confused.