Grand Theft Auto V

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
GTA5 has GTA: Online built in. So it's kind of an MMO. More like playing Diablo III though.
Can probably easily call this an mmo by the standards the genre has devolved to today. Been alongtime since MMOs actually meant having to interact with multiple people. 16-32 people doing a few instanced missions is plenty these days to be "omg, social interaction on a large scale, it is massive!!".

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Long gone are the days of well over 100 people in Lower Guk trying to farm each individual drop from the place.

Or 70 person zerg-raids on Lord Nagafen.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Long gone are the days of well over 100 people in Lower Guk trying to farm each individual drop from the place.

Or 70 person zerg-raids on Lord Nagafen.
Lack of that pretty much ended my interest in MMOs. I ran raiding guilds in EQ and WoW, and once WoW crippled the "massive" in massively multiplayer by taking raids down to just 10/15/20 people max depending on the zone, it became boring. EQ and WoW were never the best games at their core, the fun was attempting to progress while coordinating with a large group of people. I never understood how people could get enjoyment out of an MMO just soloing 99% of the time. There's a million single-player games that are more enjoyable for that purpose.

Killswitch

N00b
So I guess you have to do a tutorial to start the online part. Problem is after I purchased my clothes there was no indication that I have another mission or what to do next. When I try to join a friend it says I have to finish the tutorial first. I would if i knew what the hell to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I vaguely remember being told to go rob the convenience store in Little Seoul next.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I vaguely remember being told to go rob the convenience store in Little Seoul next.
After the race you go rob some drug guy and then deliver those drugs. Then I think you buy clothes? Then you go rob the convenience store... I think.

Vorph

Right, he said he already was past the clothes part. Try going to the store in Little Seoul (it's the one west of Downtown with a carwash and gun shop all on the same block), rob it, and ditch your wanted level. Also, you can try holding down Select/Back until the menu appears, then press right on the d-pad once. That will set your GPS to the current mission objective, if there is one. If it just goes to Ammu-nation or whatever, then you're on your own.

Vorph

Anyone want to win-trade some Criminal Records races tonight? Ideally someone else with an Entity XF since supercars are the best way to do it (they unlock parts for all classes of cars), but any super will do. 1 lap just for unlocks or 3 laps for RP too; either way is fine with me.

Don't have a mic, but I can get in IRC if necessary. PSN = Vorph- if you want to add me.

Brad2770

I would be willing to trade wins for vehicle mods. PSN = brad2770

Put FoH in body for friend invite.

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
So apparently Rockstar went in and cut all the money from the higher missions in half? I had a lot of fun running missions with friends but after the decrease it just feels like a really slow pace. Base Invaders went from 25,000 to 12,500. I personally felt the pace was fine but apparently Rockstar wants to push their cash program I imagine so they decided to reduce all of them.

They also removed some of the hiding spots in survival which doesn't make much sense to me either.

To each their own but losing faith at the rate this is going. I understand the "give them time" idea but they have only gone in reverse on everything. Apparently the LSC glitch still works though.

Vorph

Apparently the LSC glitch still works though.
It only works once. As in, you can still sell a >$50k car using it if you want to get rid of one, but after selling it the first time you will spawn in LSC with no car at all.

And yeah, nerfing the rewards from everything is straight up retarded. The game already gave out rewards at a glacial pace unless you were abusing/exploiting a handful of broken things. Survival is stupid without hiding spots due to the aimbot-cheater AI that can headshot you with a shotgun from 200 yards away. If heists aren't everything people are expecting and then some, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a mass exodus from online.

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
Yeah pretty much my opinion as well. I can't believe people actually think aim bot is unfair when the AI has auto aim at a crazy distance.

Brad2770

It wasn't fully nerfed. The person (or people) that does the most work gets full price for mission. Been in one mission where the MVP got 20k for chemical plant one run and myself and another only got 10k. And another in Base Invaders where myself and another got $25k while the other two people got $12.5k. Not sure how it figures who is an MVP though. In Base Invaders all I did was pilot the first plane and then the last Heli. No kills for me and still got full amount.

Vorph

That's not quite how it works. You get 100% for the first completion, 50% for subsequent replays, and 50% if you die and are spectating at the end of the mission.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ugh my time has been so limited with this that when I do play I end up playing single player because I still haven't beaten it yet.
frown.png

Vorph

You're not really missing out on much yet. The only downside to not playing while online is* a total shitshow is that you didn't get to exploit the things that actually gave decent rewards and R* is systematically turning the game into the equivalent of a Korean F2P MMO as far as the grind required goes.

* - (I'd say "was" but their retarded cloud save system has been deleting characters/vehicles and causing loss of multiple hours of progress for a lot of people ever since the 1.04 patch hit)

Edit: Just logged in today to find that I lost 2.5 levels even though I made a point of not exiting the game last night until I saw confirmation that the cloud save had just been updated successfully. I changed the wheels on one of my cars right before quitting and that did save though...wtf? Think that's pretty much the final straw for me; if they can't even manage to do something as trivial as a character database update properly then I have little faith left in anything else they might have in store for the game.