Gravity (2013)

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
This was pretty bad imho. Bad enough that I left the theater after 25 minutes and waited in the lobby for my wife and other friends to finish it. When they got out all three of them pretty much said, "That was it?" I am disappointed I wasted $10 on this. Could have gone to Taco Bell and has something more enjoyable.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw people coming out of gravity saying this too. they were women o course. i assumed they thought sandra and clooney were going to hook up by the end and when that did not happen it probably rubbed them raw. it also doesnt help that this film has been hyped up to unrealistic levels. this is an epicly awesome film but its still just a film and people need to realize that its not going to cause people to change religions or solve all the world's problems.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I saw it yesterday and thought it was good but it isn't a great movie. The story is pretty ass but the cinematography is great.

The way Clooney dies is lulz worthy because he didn't have to die at all. All she had to do was pull him back. It made no sense at all.

fucker_sl

shitlord
yeah, that scene was done EXTREMELY bad. Watching it you have the clear impression that he is getting dragged away from some kind of force even if at least 3 times you can clearly see they have stopped their momentum. They should simply be floating, but then all of a sudden he get pulled back again by i_have_no_fucking_idea_what

The entire scene worked like they were hanging from a cliff, with him suspended in the air while she try to pull him up. Except they are in a zero-G enviroment. /rolls eyes

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Went to see this on Saturday. Good film, and very good and believable cinematography and special effects. Never been a big fan of Sandra Bullock, but she didn't suck in this (too much). It's amazing how suspensful they can make floating around in space!

Oh and...

The loved the part when George Clooney came "back"! Maybe because I told my friend half way through that I was sure he would return since they wouldn't pay his acting fee only to have him die after 20 mins!
smile.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
fucker_sl said:
yeah, that scene was done EXTREMELY bad. Watching it you have the clear impression that he is getting dragged away from some kind of force even if at least 3 times you can clearly see they have stopped their momentum. They should simply be floating, but then all of a sudden he get pulled back again by i_have_no_fucking_idea_what
Yeah, that mildly annoyed me too. The only thing I can think of is that the ISS does continually slow down and lose altitude because it orbits relatively low. Hence needing continual fuel refills so it can boost itself up. But I really, really doubt that the effect would be enough to make Clooney's character float away as quickly as he did.

There was a lot of that kind of stuff about the physics and orbital mechanics. You just have to ignore it, I guess.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This was pretty bad imho. Bad enough that I left the theater after 25 minutes and waited in the lobby for my wife and other friends to finish it. When they got out all three of them pretty much said, "That was it?" I am disappointed I wasted $10 on this. Could have gone to Taco Bell and has something more enjoyable.
No you didn't.

While this wasnt the second coming of Citizen Kane, in no way is it bad enough to make sitting in a lobby by yourself preferable to watching the rest of it.

0% chance that happened. Quit pretending to be a movie snob

Juvarisx

Florida
Worse then a movie snob, the only people that "hated" it were the hipster douche bags who realized it made a pile of cash after the first weekend.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
No you didn't.

While this wasnt the second coming of Citizen Kane, in no way is it bad enough to make sitting in a lobby by yourself preferable to watching the rest of it.

0% chance that happened. Quit pretending to be a movie snob
Movie snob? Really? Because someone didn't like a movie you did? Disliked the stupid in it enough that he had finally had enough and walked out? Couldn't happen that way. Okay. Whatever you need to believe to make you happy. But I simply got tired of the stupid. I do the same thing with TV. The Mentalist is the best example. I play on the laptop while my wife watches it now because of all the stupid they've been doing in the last year or two.

If I remember correctly this is only the 4th movie in my 47 years of life that I've walked out of in a theatre. Even went to their "arcade" area and played 2 games of Galaga on the dual retro game (Ms. Pacman was the other game). Still $0.25 after all these years.
smile.png

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You're trying to say having diarrhea is more enjoyable than sitting through a movie? I guess it would be if the movie was that bad, lol.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whatever you need to believe to make you happy. But I simply got tired of the stupid. I do the same thing with TV. The Mentalist is the best example. I play on the laptop while my wife watches it now because of all the stupid they've been doing in the last year or two.
they changed the mentalist this season, now its all red john centric every episode. im enjoying it. you should check it out

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ahaha. Fury if you're going to neg me at least find a post you don't like, not counter neg because people call you out on your horrible posts. Confirmed fag.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Me and the person I was watching it with wanted to walk out also but we each thought the other was enjoying it so we stuck it out
wink.png
. Neither of us hated it but we were bored after the first explosion due to lack of character connection, story and excess of CGI debris and booms. I couldn't bring myself to care about Bullock or the red shirts that died around her as we never got to know them in any meaningful way + her survival was a forgone conclusion. I couldn't help but sit there and think how much better Apollo 13 was 18 years ago.

It's my own fault though I know as I didn't look into it enough before going and was expecting a film rather than an effects/technical showcase.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Bro, they dont like dissent around these parts.

Actually, the more I think about this movie, the less I like it. I was mesmerized by the spectacle and cinematographyand basically blocked out everything else. But a visual spectacle alone can't carry a movie.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Me and the person I was watching it with wanted to walk out also but we each thought the other was enjoying it so we stuck it out
wink.png
. Neither of us hated it but we were bored after the first explosion due to lack of character connection, story and excess of CGI debris and booms. I couldn't bring myself to care about Bullock or the red shirts that died around her as we never got to know them in any meaningful way + her survival was a forgone conclusion. I couldn't help but sit there and think how much better Apollo 13 was 18 years ago.

It's my own fault though I know as I didn't look into it enough before going and was expecting a film rather than an effects/technical showcase.
It was of course not "forgone conclusion" that Apollo 13 will make it back to earth, right?
I bet my lunch money you also watch Titanic every other year thinking: Maybe they will miss the iceberg this time, so i can enjoy the fully fleshed out characters plus love story in it, even more.