Gravity (2013)

Cybsled

Hmm, I might have to check this out at the Jordan's IMAX as well. Shitty drive from WMass, but w/e!

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Absolutely loved this movie. The visuals are stunning and the story kept me engaged the entire time. I know a movie has pulled me in when I never give a thought to going to pee. I'm going to see it again tomorrow and look for things I may have missed the first time.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Thought it was incredible. IMAX 3D was very much worth it.

Spoilered as to not detract or set expectations with others who may have not seen this.

I'm admittedly blind to symbolism in most movies but my wife said the same thing to me after we left. What symbolism are people talking about that was so heavy handed? The fact that she had that little prayer moment thing with the Chinese dude on the radio? Whatever else must have been way over my head. The only symbolism I saw was that space is fucking scary and shit gets crazy when Russians try to blow up their own satellites.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Holy fuck, this movie was beautiful. I normally dislike Bullock but thought she had a convincing performance. Two thumbs up. I hope it does well.

I also pray that Gravity sparks a new movement in cinematography. I absolutely love the long-duration shots that Cuaron developed (I read the opening scene was 17 minutes with no cuts?). In almost any other modern director's hands the action sequences would have been an unintelligible slideshow of half-second shakey-cam clips. A large part of what made this movie tense was that you could see things coming clearly enough to anticipate and appreciate the danger the characters were in without resorting to cheap psychological tricks.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Is this worth the price of admission for Imax3d? Seeing it tonight.
You absolutely want to see it in Imax 3D.

Saw it again today. It's just an amazing film. Angelina Jolie was their first choice for the role, but she declined. I can't imagine her doing it justice like Sandra did.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Thought it was incredible. IMAX 3D was very much worth it.

Spoilered as to not detract or set expectations with others who may have not seen this.

I'm admittedly blind to symbolism in most movies but my wife said the same thing to me after we left. What symbolism are people talking about that was so heavy handed? The fact that she had that little prayer moment thing with the Chinese dude on the radio? Whatever else must have been way over my head. The only symbolism I saw was that space is fucking scary and shit gets crazy when Russians try to blow up their own satellites.
When Sandra first exits her suit they focus on her for at least a minute in a baby in a womb type posture. Then upon making it back to earth it's like she evolved from the sea and is just learning to walk on land. At least that's what stood out to me.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
There were certain things I enjoyed about it. The airlock scene was compelling, it was beautifully shot, and the effects were remarkable. However, I thought the movie was fairly boring and George Clooney's dialogue was terrible.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
There were certain things I enjoyed about it. The airlock scene was compelling, it was beautifully shot, and the effects were remarkable. However, I thought the movie was fairly boring and George Clooney's dialogue was terrible.
Please go turn on your car, close the garage and just sit there.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
And? Doesn't mean you're any less of a cock sucker, literally and figuratively.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Does supertouch like any movie at all?

Anyway, so far I heard only good things. I have to go see this I guess.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
This movie will be the reason I buy a 3D tv when the bluray comes out. If they release a 3D version.

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
I guess Im in the minority, but pretty meh movie to me. Saw it in IMAX 3d. Was it a good looking movie? Sure, but eyecandy doesnt make a movie great for me. The experience on the whole was just kinda eh.