Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oki for 1 lb Spaghetti:

1 Onion (slice as thin as possible)
2tbsp white wine
1tbsp wheat flour
1/4 pd (frozen) spinach or more if you like
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp fresh, cream cheese (used philadelphia instead of Gordons ricotta)
3/4 cup of milk
pinches of salt, ground pepper, garlic powder

Sauce: Fry sliced onion in big pan/casserolle/wok with olive oil, when first start to darken coat the with sugar let it caramel for max a minute, add the flour and spinach till its heated then stir while pouring in the wine. Stir and cook for 2-3 mins to evap the alc and add the creamed cheese, add milk for liquifying the sauce.
Add pinches of salt, pepper and garlic powder as you like. I started out doing this sauce while heating water to cook the Spaghetti/Penne whatever, when you are pro with it it shouldnt take you longer than the mins the Spaghetti need in the boiling water.

Spaghetti: Wait till water boils, add like 4 tsp salt then add the spaghetti. Only boil them for 3/4 of contura (al dente) time, eg if it says 7 minutes boil for only 5.
After 5 minutes pull the noodle out the water and directly put them in the pan with the (kept hot spinach sauce), turn up the heat till all in the pan boils and serve your dish in the pan. Use grated cheeese as you like.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Cause if you use enough spinach, it'll look grass green.
Guess if green is good for Hudson river its good for spaghetti sauce too.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I think it looks just right for St. Patrick's Day. I don't think there are rules. It also looks tasty and would appeal to someone vegetarian, perhaps?

While corned beef and cabbage are traditional for American Irish, or just Americans, it doesn't enjoy it's same status in Ireland. I did a little poking around on the innerwebs, and was lead to believe that it quite certainly originated in or near Ireland, but was never enjoyed by the commoners because it was so expensive.

From the page I was reading:

What people do eat here on St. Patrick's Day is a good question. We put the question to one of our local radio stations, South East Radio, which serves south Wicklow and parts of counties Wexford and Kilkenny. They kindly conducted an informal telephone poll to see what people liked to eat on "the day that's in it". The responses we got were things like, "Eat? I eat pints." (One respondent referred jocularly to the pint of Guinness as a "shamrock sandwich".)

Gravy

Bronze Squire
My buds and I are planning the end of Feast of Meat weekend, but the talk turned to cornbread. I prefer a slightly sweet to sweet cornbread, but other say that sweet cornbread isn't 'cornbread'.

What say ye? Sweet, slightly sweet, or no sugar cornbread?

And for the curious, and really bored, here is the lineup for the final weekend of FoM:

BBQ chicken
Smoked pork shoulder
Smoked beef - eye of round
Smoked bologna sliders BBQ'd
Green chili cheeseburgers
Pastrami
Corned beef
Filet Mignon - hopefully sous vide ghetto style.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot to list the BACON

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I prefer my cornbread to be less sweet, but I don't really mind it sweeter.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Best cornbread recipe:

1 box of jiffy cornbread mix(add all ingredients from directions)
1 box of jiffy white cake mix(add all ingredients from directions)
1 jar of jalapenos(drained, can chop up or leave whole))

Stir that shit up

Bake in accordance to time/temp on cornbread box.

Everytime I've made it(usually to accompany chili), everyone raves about it, and it couldn't be simpler.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
By itself, the stuff from the box is drier than Crone's balls. joeboo's recipe might be an improvement though, idk

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The white cake mix makes it soft, moist, and fluffy yet it still tastes like cornbread, not cake.

And worst-case scenario, a box of each of those mixes is like a buck. Its cheap as hell if for some reason you don't like it.

Alternately, I've also thrown in a can of creamed corn to make it really rich and moist.