Gravy's Cooking Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The citrus in the marinade helps make things nice and tender!

Don't forget to let it rest for nearly as long as you cook it.

Report back.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The citrus in the marinade helps make things nice and tender!

Don't forget to let it rest for nearly as long as you cook it.

Report back.
Ok, no exaggeration, that skirt steak with the marinade is the best skirt steak I've ever had. I don't know if that is the "Best Marinade in Existence", but it's really fucking good. Both the marinade and the salted steaks came out great, but the marinade one was exceptional. Pulled them out of the fridge about an hour before cooking(salted the non marinated one right after taking out of fridge).

On a semi-related note, I just bought a 'chimney' starter for my grill and I don't know how I lived without one. It's so simple and works so awesome. I bought this one a couple weeks ago:Amazon.com : Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter : Charcoal Starters : Patio, Lawn Garden

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Glad that marinade worked out. I've found it pretty good. Works quite well with almost any beef - even thicker cut roasts of questionable quality come out nice if you give them a good, long soak.

And yeah, I have a chimney for my grill, too. Hard to imagine going back to doing it without. There are times, though, that I wish I had a gas grill. I almost pulled the trigger on this thing:

Char-Griller Duo 3-Burner Propane Gas/Charcoal Grill-5050 at The Home Depot

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chimney starters are a multitasker: fire starters and junk mail disposers.

Also, you can't make smores on a gas grill.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
On a semi-related note, I just bought a 'chimney' starter for my grill and I don't know how I lived without one. It's so simple and works so awesome. I bought this one a couple weeks ago:Amazon.com : Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter : Charcoal Starters : Patio, Lawn Garden
Glad your steak turned out, Soybro.

I am also tickled you got the Weber Chimney starter. I've had quite of few of the cheapie $5 chimney starters, and the Weber is designed SO much better than the others.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Put that marinade in the first post.
Bs2SMEGhw3.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I was all ready to partake in my first skirt steak experience at home, stopped by the grocery store on the way home Friday night, was going to marinate them and grill on Saturday, but then when I got to the butchers counter they had KC Strips(NY Strip if you aren't in the midwest) on sale for $7.99 a pound, whereas the skirt steak was only about $1 less. Strip is usually $10-$12 a pound around here, so I had to jump on it. There's not much better than the ease and taste of a good strip. Salt,(and sometimes garlic salt) slap on grill for 3-4 mins on each side = medium rare. Hell of a meal in 10 minutes, no waiting for marinade or anything. Damn they're good, I couldn't pass them up at that price.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I got about 2 hours left on the pork shoulder in the crock pot. I have never done it before and found the recipe on the Keto boards, I hope it doesn't suck.

Salt
Pepper
Mustard
Garllilc Powder
Onion Powder (Or an Onion) **I went with the Onion**
1 Onion
? Cup Cider Vinegar
? Cup Water
2 tsp Liquid Smoke

I'll post back in a bit and let you know how it tastes.

Hekotat

WHERE WERE YOU 6 DAYS AGO WHEN I REQUESTED ASSISTANCE!?

The Highlander of liquid smoke?

Hekotat

The shoulder turned out extremely tender but it was a little bland, nothing some horseradish can't fix.