Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i just bought a ceramic coated pan (as opposed to teflon) and that pan cooks weird, i don't know how to explain it, i guess i just have to get used to it. it melts butter/oil really funny, almost like it just burns it instead.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
How far ahead can I make it? Also, I don't have a mandolin so there's no way I'm going to julienne them. Think I can shave the carrots, or should I just chop them?
It's good for a few days, and the flavours blend nicely. I'd make it a day ahead if you wanted to. And shaved carrots would be fine.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's good for a few days, and the flavours blend nicely. I'd make it a day ahead if you wanted to. And shaved carrots would be fine.
Gonna make it tomorrow for a party on Saturday then. The rough guidelines above, feeds how many? Should be about 70 people at this thing, but I doubt a ton of people will eat slaw.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Going over to the Sis-in-law's place tonight and Imma take coleslaw. Going to make one-half standard creamy, and one half Dirkified with some spicy mustard, golden raisins, and chopped pecans.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say you'll easily feed 15 with that. No one takes a huge portion of coleslaw.
I know it's not coleslaw, but for some reason your post reminded me of this video. There's always someone out there (McCheese) who will take a huge portion of something (or add condensed milk to a savory dish...wtf).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel coleslaw is one of those things that can be made so many different ways, and nearly all of them taste good. Just from the few cole slaw recipes in here, all of it sounds good. Then again, I love cabbage so maybe that has something to do with it.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
When I saw the title, I was thinking Sara Moulton, and I kinda like her from her PBS shows. That ain't Sara Moulton.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Who's up for trying these?

Ba3FeQZ.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Those look delicious! Would baking them work instead of grilling them? Also, what's the sauce in the last picture? I imagine that's the best part.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure the onions would be done before the bacon is. Also, you know that problem where you bite through an onion ring and the whole onion comes out of the breading? It's going to be even worse here. This might work better if they are chopped up into bite size pieces after cooking.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Well, I don't typically serve finger food exclusively, but it might be a fun idea. If I do, I'll make sure not to serve those awesome looking bacon rings.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Use your fucking teeth to 'cut' the onion when you bite it. This isn't rocket science.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Please report back. With photos.

Took the whole family and picked 25 pounds of strawberries this morning. Already cleaned and in the freezer, so strawberry quota for winter is filled, which means everything we get now during strawberry season goes in my mouth. Ah, the taste of a fresh strawberry, just picked and warm from the sun. There is not much better than that!

Making panna cotta with fresh strawberries for tonight.