Gravy's Cooking Thread

Gravy

Bronze Squire
3 peppers didn't seem like much, so I added another. Now what to do with leftover chipotle peppers? To the Innerweb!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
gif reminds me of trying to drive large vehicles in GTA5. Just go full speed and hope for the best but receive the worst

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Earlier when I was looking around, I came across a guy who said to saute big hunks of mushrooms and onions, then stir in a paste of the leftovers, then cover with Monterey Jack and bake. I thought that sounded pretty good. I was also thinking about marinating some pork in the leftovers and then grilling it.

Or, I'll make more chili, duh.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
3 peppers didn't seem like much, so I added another. Now what to do with leftover chipotle peppers? To the Innerweb!
Make roasted red pepper and chipotle aioli.

1. Finely chop and grind up 3 cloves of garlic with a pinch of salt.
2. Roast a medium to large red pepper (depending on how sweet you like your heat) until its blistered and soft
3. Mince up the chipotles(sounds like you have about half a can left?) with the roasted red pepper(up to you how much seeds you want to include for heat)
4. Mix 2 egg yolks and the garlic together with a food processor(or you can whisk it in a bowl if you don't have one)
5. Add the peppers to the egg/garlic mixture with a couple teaspoons of the adobo sauce from the can and mix it all together
6. Start Drizzling in 1/2 a cup of olive oil while blending until it's all incorporated. During this step, also drizzle in a teaspoon of white vinegar.

It should come out looking like this, though you may need to strain it if you do it with a whisk. I have a good white pizza suggestion if you're interested in the recipe, but the aioli is delicious and goes on tons of other stuff also.
Fb110.jpg

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I love the aioli on the pizza.

This is the dough measurements I found works really well. I like bread flour for it because it has a chewier flatbread texture.

- 2.5 cups of bread flour
- 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil

Toppings: teaspoon sized dabs of Pesto, Jalapeno jack cheese, Red peppers, red onion, marinated artichoke hearts, rib steak that has been blackened(cooked high temperature with a shit ton of cajun seasoning on it).

Then just toss some of that aioli on it once it comes out of the oven. So good.

Fb118.jpg

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Damn, that crust does look really good. Thanks for the recipe!

I'm getting ready to go smoke, then char, some country-style ribs for tonight, and just whomped up some BBQ sauce to go with.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not down with mayonnaise pizza either, but there is a local place here that has a steak pizza and it is fantastic.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
4th of july food plans what do you guys got going? it's the weekend b4, super sales are on! big portabellos are a dollar each, gonna have a portabello burgers so far.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
We're making fresh ground pork sausage again this weekend since meat went on sale for the 4th. This time we are going to combine in some ground turkey to cut the fat, I'm thinking about a 3:1 ratio.

We used Alton Brown's recipe last time, cut the salt in half, and it was AWESOME.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ge-recipe.html

Eyashua, that recipe looks fine, but packets of 'taco seasoning' are always suspicious to me. Just add cumin, garlic, chili powder, and a touch of Mexican oregano if you have it. Also a can or two of chopped green chilies. They are mild but add great flavor.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah we usually just make our own taco seasoning so I'll probably do that again. Green chiles is something I didn't think of... good idea, thanks!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i usually use turkey sausage for sausage and egg sandwich on the weekends with wife, recently started adding 1 pork sausage for every 2 turkey, adding a 4th animal (i use cheese bread too) to the sandwich is awesome. i think a 3 to 1 ratio would be good, might mess up cook times? turkey takes so long to cook and brown.