Gravy's Cooking Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Save some of the suet. Pan sear a steak in cast iron, and finish it off the oven with a big lump of suet on top. Unnngggg.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Finally got fudge to come out.
tumblr_mgvu0uLxja1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Anyone have a semi-simple vegetarian main dish idea for X-Mas dinner? Serving Prime Rib to the non-heathens but my brothers fiance doesn't like meat...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I would love to, but she is also a bartender at my favorite bar and hooks me up with free beer all the time so she has bribed my acceptance.
Free beer is not sufficient to let someone fuck up your holiday meal with their holier than thou vegetarianism. This person might become part of your family so you have to set the standards early or you will be cooking special shit for her indefinitely. If there is a salad or something on the table then she can eat that and STFU. The good news is that most vegetarians don't last more than a couple years so there is still a chance that she will become a decent human being after the wedding.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
A good bar hook-up most definitely makes up for having to make a single vegetarian dish.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Free beer is not sufficient to let someone fuck up your holiday meal with their holier than thou vegetarianism. This person might become part of your family so you have to set the standards early or you will be cooking special shit for her indefinitely. If there is a salad or something on the table then she can eat that and STFU. The good news is that most vegetarians don't last more than a couple years so there is still a chance that she will become a decent human being after the wedding.
We found Brutul's divorce hot button boys!!!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So this is probably a stupid question but, why do you season the outside of the pan as well? Is it to keep splatters from sticking?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I assume you're talking about cast iron? I think it's just to protect the pan from oxidization in general, as moisture in the air can cause rust if the pan is not seasoned.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
FWIW my future sister-in-law never asked me to make her a special dish, she usually is happy just eating the sides. I was only thinking of doing it to be nice, especially since they just got engaged like a couple of days ago.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
FWIW my future sister-in-law never asked me to make her a special dish, she usually is happy just eating the sides. I was only thinking of doing it to be nice, especially since they just got engaged like a couple of days ago.
The free beer is worth it. Doooo it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I assume you're talking about cast iron? I think it's just to protect the pan from oxidization in general, as moisture in the air can cause rust if the pan is not seasoned.
Well fuck, I guess I'm going to have to re-season. I didn't do the handles.