Gravy's Cooking Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Make your stock from chicken bones and skin and just grill the chicken and throw it in when your ready. If you use a slow cooker you are basically boiling the chicken and overcooking the fuck out of it. I hate chicken that shreds.
Thanks for the tip.

Also, corn tortilla > flour. Every time.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Thanks for the tip.

Also, corn tortilla > flour. Every time.
There are some flour tortillas that are fucking magical, but finding them is so infrequent for me (even at the mexican supermercado).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You honestly need to make your own corn tortillas. Store bought corn tortillas are total fucking garbage. Homemade tastes nothing like store bought.
This is how I feel about flour. I've made them both from scratch and flour tortillas in all their lardy goodness are definitely the ones I prefer.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Corn tortillas always taste mealy to me unless they are fried/baked into shells. I've never had a soft corn tortilla that I liked.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I've seen that video like 20 times today. AND IT KEEPS GETTIN FUNNIER
EVERY TIME I SEE IT

Khane

I had some chicken thighs I was originally gonna make coq au vin with but wasn't feeling too well and didn't want to cook for 6+ hours yesterday so I just went into my spice cabinet and threw stuff into a bowl. It came out way better than I was expecting and now I wish I had measured but I'm gonna put the "kinda sorta what I remember" spice mix here for great justice.

Equal parts Paprika, Garlic Powder and Cumin. 3/4th part coarse salt. 1/2 part Cayenne powder. 1/4th part mustard powder and fresh ground black pepper. 1/8 parts Cardamom and Sage.

I coated each side of the thighs heavily and quickly fried it just enough to crust up the spice coating, then roasted it at 250 for an hour. I'm going to be trying to recreate this often. It was really, really good.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is how I feel about flour. I've made them both from scratch and flour tortillas in all their lardy goodness are definitely the ones I prefer.
I only use flour for Burritos and I make Tuco approved burritos so no way I can make one that fucking big.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wife and i have been on restricted KETO(no carbs and no fats) for almost a month now, when i have a refeed day, my asian ass just goes and makes spaghetti, my neighbor is an old italian lady and gives me a few bottles of her sauce, it's either that or prego! (i know my limits, if i got a mamamia next to me, imma get me some of that)

Khane

No carbs and no fats? Are you drinking nothing but protein shakes? Are there even any foods that exist that have both 0g of carbs and 0g of fats?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No carbs and no fats? Are you drinking nothing but protein shakes? Are there even any foods that exist that have both 0g of carbs and 0g of fats?
just lean meats and leafy veggies holly crap, and i only found one protein shake brand that didn't have a 1:1 ratio of carbs to protein
Amazon.com: Body Fortress Super Advanced 100% Protein Isolate, Vanilla, 1.5 Pounds: Health Personal Care, it was actually 1:15 which was pretty amazing.

in the morning it's either plain cottage cheese or egg whites, musta thrown like 2lbs of egg yolks down the drain ha. Then it's whatever lean cut i got in the sous vide, with a veggie mix and bone broth.