Gravy's Cooking Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So going back to cauliflower a few pages back, my wife has been making fried rice but substituting the rice for cauliflower crumble. Actually pretty good, and healthier I guess (?)

rrr_img_134528.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i actually only buy the 100% OJ. not the name brand stuff just the local stuff in the plain jug. no need to get fancy with juices.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So going back to cauliflower a few pages back, my wife has been making fried rice but substituting the rice for cauliflower crumble. Actually pretty good, and healthier I guess (?)

rrr_img_134528.jpg
Fuck yeah, I have to try that. Is that cauli pre-cooked? Or just shredded and then fried?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can buy it basically pre "shredded" (or crumbled or whatever) at the grocery store but no, it is not pre cooked, just fry it up.
What is this? I have to try extra hard just so my cauliflower doesn't crumble apart when I'm cutting it and then oiling/seasoning it. You're telling me I could just crumble it and then sell it to people for profit?!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Hey, people laughed at the idea of pre-cooked lasagna noodles too.

I mean, grab some of those noodles, a jar of Ragu and some cottage cheese and you're 90% there

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hey, people laughed at the idea of pre-cooked lasagna noodles too.

I mean, grab some of those noodles, a jar of Ragu and some cottage cheese and you're 90% there
I don't care if you're a mod. This kind of trolling is not tolerated in the grown up forum.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
1373748269164217517.png

Pre-cooked noodles are fine as long as you adjust your recipe to account for the shorter bake time and the lower amount of moisture needed for the noodle.
Hahaha, shit man. That's more expensive than a decent cut of beef per lb! And it's fucking water!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking lol. Asparagus grows like a weed behind my dad's house, we used to just walk to the back yard and break some off and throw it on the grill.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Grill? Hahaha, you peasants. You're supposed todrinkasparagus.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh God...you mean Tanoomba lasted longer than I did?

I guess I'll go take my old persons nap now.

giphy.gif

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Made some slamming alfredo tonight. Did up some chicken in bacon fat, then some broccoli in the pan, still crisp. Put down a bed of broccoli, some chicken, then a portobello mushroom I had done up for me (wife doesn't like mushrooms). Poured the sauce over it and resisted the urge to drink it directly. Cooked some roasted garlic in the butter I made the sauce with so it had a nice flavor. One of the better things I had made in a while, even if it's weird.