Gravy's Cooking Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Kraft single grilled cheese on wonderbread and some tomato soup fom a can is a magical thing.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Kraft single grilled cheese on wonderbread and some tomato soup fom a can is a magical thing.
this is what i meant about kraft singles only being good in "bad" food. perhaps "bad" wasn't the appropriate term. but yeah -- cheap meat, cheap bread, fuck yeah give me a kraft single lol.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You know whyAmericanCheese burns like plastic? Because it'sFREEto do whatever it wants you son of a bitch
I went to a few dinner parties w/ Kraft Execs, one take away i got from that was don't eat Velveetta, and don't buy cheese dip.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
can't decide for dinner tonight if i'm going to go with black beans, brown rice, venison, and veggies.... or kraft macaroni and cheese with hot dog slices.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Love me some pankakes and slices fried spam too.
I'm all about the American cheese on burgers and grilled cheese. I had never even tried Spam until I met my current girlfriend(Filipinos love that shit). Now I love it. Sliced thin with a nice, crusty sear. Shit is tasty.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm all about the American cheese on burgers and grilled cheese. I had never even tried Spam until I met my current girlfriend(Filipinos love that shit). Now I love it. Sliced thin with a nice, crusty sear. Shit is tasty.
It's cuz of WWII that all the American occupied Islands (philippines/hawaii) all grew up w/ SPAM

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My I had it growing up and hadn't had it for like 20 years, and my wife had never had it, so we got it once time and fried it up and fell in love. We only get a can once very couple months or so, feel pretty rotten after a few slices.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What the hell are you guys talking about? What about that Lee Greenwood song?

"And I'm proud to be an AMERICAN! Where at least I know it's cheese!"

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
not sure if this should go in cooking or health or where, but -- any bachelors out there have tips for getting enough fiber in your diet? so hard to cook an actual well-rounded meal for one without having a week's worth of leftovers, even when purchasing the smallest possible package sizes for ingredients. and so hard to get fiber without cooking or eating a ton of raw vegetables.

(only like 3% of america gets enough fiber, and i have a medical issue where i really need to figure this shi-- *ahem* stuff out)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If you got a microwave and a freezer just get the smaller bagged frozen veggies. Save some money and don't get the microwavable bagged veggies, instead just dump them into a little container and loosely put the lid on and microwave em.

It's expensive but the foo foo whole wheat sprouted grain breads are pretty great. Also check out the whole wheat flour tortillas - they have assplode levels of fiber in them and you can fill em up with good proteins / veggies and chow down.

Umm, oatmeal is good, just get the instant stuff and add some honey for sweetness, stay away from the sugary packet shits. I'd also recomend grape nuts cereal, pretty decent fiber and protein and super low sugar. Add honey just like oatmeal if needed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I eat a lot of salad.

Well sometimes I eat a lot of salad. Other times I eat a lot of burritos.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I eat a lot of salad.

Well sometimes I eat a lot of salad. Other times I eat a lot of burritos.
If it's iceburg lettuce you're just eating water with dressing. My parents are convinced they are getting something from salads that are based on iceburg, but that shit is completely nutritionally worthless. Spinach, kale, arugula ect is the way to go for vitamins minerals and fiber.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
not sure if this should go in cooking or health or where, but -- any bachelors out there have tips for getting enough fiber in your diet? so hard to cook an actual well-rounded meal for one without having a week's worth of leftovers, even when purchasing the smallest possible package sizes for ingredients. and so hard to get fiber without cooking or eating a ton of raw vegetables.

(only like 3% of america gets enough fiber, and i have a medical issue where i really need to figure this shi-- *ahem* stuff out)
are you eating out or what? i'm assuming you want to just eat and cooking daily isn't an option atm.

Your focus should be on easy to cook leafy greens

spinach is the easiest, then romaine. Eat these with every meal, and suck down a raw celery stalk or 2, along w/ a carrot, should get you enough fiber.

If you can't do that, there's no hope really, you have to want to change.

Don't forget beans and nuts too, if you can get fiber that way.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
are you eating out or what? i'm assuming you want to just eat and cooking daily isn't an option atm.

Your focus should be on easy to cook leafy greens

spinach is the easiest, then romaine. Eat these with every meal, and suck down a raw celery stalk or 2, along w/ a carrot, should get you enough fiber.

If you can't do that, there's no hope really, you have to want to change.

Don't forget beans and nuts too, if you can get fiber that way.
cooking daily is fine if i can figure out a way to do it that doesn't involve making leftovers for a week. i just cooked 1 cup of brown rice, 1 can of black beans, and 1 little package of frozen corn/carrots/peas/green beans. total cost, like $3.25, but it ended up being so much food that i'll be eating it for the next four days probably. that's the biggest hurdle for me.

i actually love to cook, if i had a family to cook for i'd be all set.