Gravy's Cooking Thread

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
@Amod who the fuck moved this to this thread
Did you not read the move message?

Edit: the excessive complaints over anything mod related has sort of poe's lawed my ability to tell which are serious or not, so:

It got reported, and I genuinely couldn't determine any relevance to the thread or discussion so it was moved here under the assumption that you posted it in the wrong thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've been using an altered Gordon Ramsay Frittata recipe like once a week lately that is just bangin.

Original Recipe:

I use thick cut bacon, pork breakfast sausage, pickled jalapenos, scallion, basil and goat cheese instead of strictly following his recipe. I leave out the parmesan in the eggs and don't bother grating goat cheese on the top, mostly because I can't find any goat cheese with a rind on it that would allow me to actually grate it. I just use more goat cheese chunks in the frittata itself to make up for it. And then I finish it with some Sambal Oelek while serving. I might try adding blistered cherry tomatoes next time I do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've been using an altered Gordon Ramsay Frittata recipe like once a week lately that is just bangin.

Original Recipe:

I use thick cut bacon, pork breakfast sausage, pickled jalapenos, scallion, basil and goat cheese instead of strictly following his recipe. I leave out the parmesan in the eggs and don't bother grating goat cheese on the top, mostly because I can't find any goat cheese with a rind on it that would allow me to actually grate it. I just use more goat cheese chunks in the frittata itself to make up for it. And then I finish it with some Sambal Oelek while serving. I might try adding blistered cherry tomatoes next time I do it.

Damn that looks pretty good, I think I'd probably keep to the original personally. Would you serve the tomatoes over the top of it or cook it within it? That sounds like an addition I could get on board with either way.

What kind of pan do you use? Any pan you can carry over to an oven work...or.....?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Lamb chops are the best lamb unless it's ground into a patty or a dumpling with mint and other typical lamb spices.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gamier than say, venison?
To me it was kinda like it. But I probably fucked up and did not prepare it right, I just roasted the whole thing. It had the silver skin all over it and I did not trim it at all. So it was probably my fault. Never tried it again, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The younger the animal, the less gameyness it'll have (on top of any difference it'll have from being milk/pasture/grain finished). Super young lamb is supposed to have zero "sheep" taste.

Meh, what one man calls gamey, another calls flavor. Bring on the old sheep Mutton, the Venison, the Bison. Unless what you got was down right spoiled, it all comes down to prep and spicing anyways, working with the natural flavors, not against them.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The younger the animal, the less gameyness it'll have (on top of any difference it'll have from being milk/pasture/grain finished). Super young lamb is supposed to have zero "sheep" taste.

Meh, what one man calls gamey, another calls flavor. Bring on the old sheep Mutton, the Venison, the Bison. Unless what you got was down right spoiled, it all comes down to prep and spicing anyways, working with the natural flavors, not against them.

i love venison, I have a freezer full of it. I was only asking for a Reference point.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Damn that looks pretty good, I think I'd probably keep to the original personally. Would you serve the tomatoes over the top of it or cook it within it? That sounds like an addition I could get on board with either way.

What kind of pan do you use? Any pan you can carry over to an oven work...or.....?

The original recipe is good too, I just happen to be eating low carb at the moment. I use a cast iron skillet to make it but any oven safe pan works.