Gravy's Cooking Thread

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Baked ribeye works in the same way that ribs work, but if you can't appreciate medium rare steak and a variety of other properly cooked meat, sucks to be you

unrendered animal fat is the opiate of the faties

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah sous vide is great, particularly if you have a super hot cast iron pan to go with it to crisp whatever you make. But it makes retard proof perfect steak.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Raw stuff can be amazing. Steak tartare with a raw egg cracked on top of it? Hell yeah!

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
sous-vide-que-chickens.jpg

Pink chicken is fooking raw, but sous vide chicken at 145 is amazing but so close to the cusp of being under that i prefer 150 because i cant shake the feeling i undercooked it, even tho that's impossible

The sous vide 145 degree chicken is spongy and fucking weird. It's not good and Kenji is not a food author I trust on almost anything. Try his sous vide eggs sometime and tell me how much you love his preferred temps on those. It's viscous and soupy. Disgusting.

155 on sous vide chicken is pretty good though. It still has the texture of fully cooked chicken but is nice and juicy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm pretty indifferent about both eating raw things and ASMR as a concept. Nor do I have Misophonia or other "eating" triggers. But I only made it 10 seconds into that video before Noping the hell out.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The sous vide 145 degree chicken is spongy and fucking weird. It's not good and Kenji is not a food author I trust on almost anything. Try his sous vide eggs sometime and tell me how much you love his preferred temps on those. It's viscous and soupy. Disgusting.

155 on sous vide chicken is pretty good though. It still has the texture of fully cooked chicken but is nice and juicy.

any online food resources you’d recommend?

Khane

Find an animal protein you want to cook with.

Go to google.

Search for said animal protein + Gordon Ramsay (or any other notable chef).

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There's no need for sous vide if you actually know how to cook.

• 1Like

Khane

Plus sous vide is still the best way to cook certain animal proteins like Chicken Breast, Pork Loin, Most fish.

However, after the new car smell wore off my Anova I stopped using it for most cooking and went back to the old fashioned way. My dutch oven gets a way better workout than my Anova.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Tonights dinner with a few extras. Turned out fucking amazing! Ive done beef wellington quite a few times and the wife wanted to make the salmon. Not pictured is a homemade mustard sauce with dill and everything else that would be great with this.

Attach0(1).jpg

20200224_173502.jpg

Fucking yummy

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Tonights dinner with a few extras. Turned out fucking amazing! Ive done beef wellington quite a few times and the wife wanted to make the salmon. Not pictured is a homemade mustard sauce with dill and everything else that would be great with this.

View attachment 250983
View attachment 250984

Fucking yummy
this week is white ppl food, just did this last night, was great (from what wife said, i'm still on carnivore), i only used 4oz of fish and it "barely" fit in the puffed pastry.

tiny asian girl was able to finish the whole thing by herself, she did say it was a bit too much dough tho, even tho it was yummy.

tonight is gonna be rack of lamb

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Shepherds pie for us tonight to go with your rack of lamb. We made this a few weeks back but i wanted to try a few other things with it.

Sam the cooking guy channel is great for some easy and very yummy dishes. Weve made almost everything hes posted and its all been VERY good. Simple but different.

Im going to do the taters in a seperate pyrex this time to get them a tad less soggy.

20200218_181805.jpg

20200218_192132.jpg

• 2Like