Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I made an awesome salad last night...
tenor.gif

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hardly ever use my cast iron anymore since I got my carbon Steel's, but damn... that's a lot of cookery.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's best way to restore this piece I picked up recently? Only $30 when I feel these huge pots are much more expensive new.

20201024_101308.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Took my first real shot at a vegetable dish and it came out great.

Red Onions, Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, Garlic, Brussels Sprouts, Small Potatoes, Cajun Sausauge and Bacon. Seasoned with the pan drippings from the bacon/sausage, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasonings, Salt, Pepper and Balsamic Vinegar.

It turned out so well I made it two nights in a row and last night I made it at a friend's house and added chicken wings. Everything came out great but I need to figure out how to get more flavor on the wings.

Attachments

• 20201023_182301.jpg
    20201023_182301.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201023_190943.jpg
    20201023_190943.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nah man. the ultimate is the steak where you just slap it on the hot coals and let it burn for a few seconds. never had it but it looks fucking good.
20150701STEAK-slide-9OT1-superJumbo.jpg
I’ve done this with skirt steak and can confirm it’s real good

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Took my first real shot at a vegetable dish and it came out great.

Red Onions, Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, Garlic, Brussels Sprouts, Small Potatoes, Cajun Sausauge and Bacon. Seasoned with the pan drippings from the bacon/sausage, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasonings, Salt, Pepper and Balsamic Vinegar.

It turned out so well I made it two nights in a row and last night I made it at a friend's house and added chicken wings. Everything came out great but I need to figure out how to get more flavor on the wings.

How'd you make the wings? Just roast them with the rest of the dish? They're basically just skin and white meat, so if you want to add more flavor, your options are breading, deep frying, sauce, or smoking. It just doesn't seem like the right dish for wings imo

Hekotat

How'd you make the wings? Just roast them with the rest of the dish? They're basically just skin and white meat, so if you want to add more flavor, your options are breading, deep frying, sauce, or smoking. It just doesn't seem like the right dish for wings imo

I just placed them on top, flipped them halfway through. THey came out perfectly cooked just not much flavor. I was thinking of marinating them for a few hours before next time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just placed them on top, flipped them halfway through. THey came out perfectly cooked just not much flavor. I was thinking of marinating them for a few hours before next time.
take a quick torch against the wings, if you torch is really hot, it'll quickly shrink the wings (the skin will contract), you'll know it's perfect when you see a trickle of juice/fat come out. probably 2seconds per wing, instant amazing with just texture alone.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Marinating is a myth, they won't absorb the flavor, as apposed to brine which will at least keep them moister. You could toss them in some kind of sauce just before serving like a lemon pepper, garlic, butter, etc. Get some kosher salt for your brine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Marinating is a myth, they won't absorb the flavor, as apposed to brine which will at least keep them moister. You could toss them in some kind of sauce just before serving like a lemon pepper, garlic, butter, etc. Get some kosher salt for your brine.

The sauce idea might be the ticket. The texture and juiciness was absolutely perfect and I hate making chicken due to how easy it is to fuck it up.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so I recently discovered Guga . . .

And I need to eat some Wagyu.

Any advice for a good sous vide thing and a cheaper version of an egg grill?