Gravy's Cooking Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know you went to culinary school when you try to pretend letting a steak rest on a cutting board... for 5 minutes... is going to ruin its crust.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You know you went to culinary school when you try to pretend letting a steak rest on a cutting board... for 5 minutes... is going to ruin its crust.
giphy+(4).gif

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's like saying letting food sit under the heat lamp for a couple minutes instead of it going to the table is just fine.

What a putz.

Khane

Who has a heat lamp in their house? So pretentious....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who has a heat lamp in their house? So pretentious....

I'm not saying you have one. I'm saying if sitting under a lamp for 2 minutes can ruin a dish. Steak sitting in a big pool of moisture can ruin it's crust.

Or do you think it would be not ruined of you poured water on it for even 10 seconds?

Khane

A steak stitting on a cutting board for 5 minutes won't ruin the crust. That is literally what I said several posts ago.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't forget to account for elevation from sea level in your steak resting calculations

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
resting a steak on a cutting board, is dependent on the board, doing it on a poly board that most restaurants/food service have will make it pool up, cuz its fucking plastic. but most home chefs have good ol porus wood, so we don't have to waste time with a cookie rack.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
When I go to a restaurant I actually ask to have my steak served on a rack and not a plate so the underside crust doesn't get ruined.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user