Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Was talked about here, but summoning Lanx Lanx as the unofficial amazon ambassador. Faggot delivery I mentioned damaged in shipping? Wont let me do anything until 5 days past delivery. Exceeded that and now in a endless loop of no matter what I press it saying basically wait for us to receive the item back, an auto chat bot that just wants me to look at my order page, etc etc, If I try to manually request a refund, gives me all shit options, and the one for item/box damaged etc wants me to answer if it's still in the box which I'm sure setting it up to be flagged as my problem to return when it never even made it to my state.

Faggots.
copy down your order number

do you want to talk to a human?
if not
goto this gateway (it will open with your stuff if youre logged in)
and click on a previous item, click on damage or something to get the bot

and keep typing in i need more help to get live chat
how-to-chat-with-amazon-customer-support-real-person-2-645x1024.jpg

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
copy down your order number

do you want to talk to a human?

if not
goto this gateway (it will open with your stuff if youre logged in)

and click on a previous item, click on damage or something to get the bot

and keep typing in i need more help to get live chat
how-to-chat-with-amazon-customer-support-real-person-2-645x1024.jpg
Finally got a human via desktop, Wasn't getting ability to type in associate or anything thru phone app. Amal did the deed, but stupid I had to contact CS for something that was declared fucked 2 weeks ago and over a week past delivery.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Finally got a human via desktop, Wasn't getting ability to type in associate or anything thru phone app. Amal did the deed, but stupid I had to contact CS for something that was declared fucked 2 weeks ago and over a week past delivery.
Real humans can be hard to come by. Google how to, and be ready to bully through.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Lanx Lanx what induction wok setup are you running, is it the NuWave one or whatever it's called?

Was looking at a portable flat burner to use outside for blackening and other smokier things, and saw the wok deal. Think I may pick one of each up maybe on Black Friday this year.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx what induction wok setup are you running, is it the NuWave one or whatever it's called?

Was looking at a portable flat burner to use outside for blackening and other smokier things, and saw the wok deal. Think I may pick one of each up maybe on Black Friday this year.
wok deal?

483e6ab211be3a296a68a1df9c9a58e4.png

i also use this
008dbbd0f79d870b3e12ef171d66e966.png

to melt wax for candles, haha, i should test it, but i feel it's more powerful than the nuwave, but then of course, there really isn't a prosumer induction round bottom wok anyway.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
wok deal?

483e6ab211be3a296a68a1df9c9a58e4.png

i also use this
008dbbd0f79d870b3e12ef171d66e966.png

to melt wax for candles, haha, i should test it, but i feel it's more powerful than the nuwave, but then of course, there really isn't a prosumer induction round bottom wok anyway.
Hah I didn't realize you were making candles. I've just seen a lot of cooking channels using the flat burners, and my thought was being able to cook things that smoke up outside when I don't want to fog up the house.

That's the one that popped up though. Just wondering if it's any good or if any of the flat ones are worth it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does anyone have experience separating leaves and stems from a pile of herbs? I bought some summer savory knowing it was mixed but I was hoping there's some trick to it because manually sorting 8 ounces of the shit is gonna take forever.

my thought was being able to cook things that smoke up outside
If you're just wanting something for occasional use, this an option that's quite a bit cheaper.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hah I didn't realize you were making candles. I've just seen a lot of cooking channels using the flat burners, and my thought was being able to cook things that smoke up outside when I don't want to fog up the house.

That's the one that popped up though. Just wondering if it's any good or if any of the flat ones are worth it.
well it's induction so you also have to make sure you have cookware thats magnetic/ferous

since i was just using it for candles i got the cheapest dinged up tfal w/ induction bottom

btw, the only reason cooking shows use flat burners is for the camera angle

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so in honor of the israel gaza war i'm gonna make some pastrami (not really, just happened that way)

so unless someone has some other ideas, i'm gonna follow amazing ribs, first to brine
then the rub
then the smoke and foil rest

idk if i want to along w/ this try to make a good bagel or just use lenders (i always got my pastrami on a bagel, rye is just ugh)
this guy looks good

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
so in honor of the israel gaza war i'm gonna make some pastrami (not really, just happened that way)

so unless someone has some other ideas, i'm gonna follow amazing ribs, first to brine
then the rub
then the smoke and foil rest

idk if i want to along w/ this try to make a good bagel or just use lenders (i always got my pastrami on a bagel, rye is just ugh)
this guy looks good
Probably the only thing I miss about NY is a nice fatty pastrami on rye.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My brother made pastrami with the amazing ribs method. Turned out great.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Got some chicken breasts on sale the other day. I normally buy thigh, but I don't mind breasts for certain things. Ended up making chicken parmesan which I don't think I've done in a couple of years. My wife was pretty positive I've never made it for her in the past so it may have been longer. I know I'll make schnitzel here and there.

Mixed a little bit of flour and cornstarch to do the pre-dredge and to a combination of small Italian bread crumbs and panko. How to pre-made marinara sauce that we doctored up with garlic onions and basil, and a can of San marzano tomatoes. Made some bucatini for the pasta and I really like it over traditional spaghetti noodles. It's got a lot better texture.

After frying outside, prepped salad everything else, and melted the cheese in the little air fryer. Been using it a lot for reheating things and it's really become a nice tool. Wife enjoyed it immensely. I could have dried a little bit better and I didn't stick it on paper towels to soak up some of the oil when pulling from the pan, just a rack. Packaging up the leftovers, I don't think that'll be a problem though . It's just one of those dishes I don't think about very often but when I make it I really enjoy. All in all I think it was a success.

IMG_20231014_210042539_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231014_211728117~2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 4Quality Calories
Reactions: 8 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got some chicken breasts on sale the other day. I normally buy thigh, but I don't mind breasts for certain things. Ended up making chicken parmesan which I don't think I've done in a couple of years. My wife was pretty positive I've never made it for her in the past so it may have been longer. I know I'll make schnitzel here and there.

Mixed a little bit of flour and cornstarch to do the pre-dredge and to a combination of small Italian bread crumbs and panko. How to pre-made marinara sauce that we doctored up with garlic onions and basil, and a can of San marzano tomatoes. Made some bucatini for the pasta and I really like it over traditional spaghetti noodles. It's got a lot better texture.

After frying outside, prepped salad everything else, and melted the cheese in the little air fryer. Been using it a lot for reheating things and it's really become a nice tool. Wife enjoyed it immensely. I could have dried a little bit better and I didn't stick it on paper towels to soak up some of the oil when pulling from the pan, just a rack. Packaging up the leftovers, I don't think that'll be a problem though . It's just one of those dishes I don't think about very often but when I make it I really enjoy. All in all I think it was a success.

View attachment 495334

View attachment 495335

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 12-42-02 Gravy's Cooking Thread.png

• 1Double Worf